Can someone explain this? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Can someone explain this?

Deus Fatorum.2473Deus Fatorum.2473 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 6, 2019 in PVP

I win a ranked game and am awarded 8 pts my buddy ranked 20 higher than me gets 10 pts for the same game. I know this is trivial but shouldn't I have been awarded more points? As the algorithm should have had me at a lesser chance to win due to rating and him higher(therefore it makes more sense to have my "win" be worth more points), how is the algorithm calculating this, is there other metrics its using?

I am not mad, just wondering how mathematically this happened.

edit- neither had decay and we both are well after placements.

Full Counter is supposed to counter everything, why else is it called FULL Counter... Just like 100 blades should really hit 100 times so you instantly die to retaliation.

Comments

• SeikeNz.3526SeikeNz.3526 Member ✭✭✭

your buddy carried you so you got less points for not slowing down his life

• Playing games around people your own mmr and having a steady win and loss ratio makes your volatility lower quicker. He may also have less games played than you do.

~ God Tier Guardian

• Shaogin.2679Shaogin.2679 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, the higher rated person should always gain less rating than the lower rated person. Therefore, it is most likely as stated above that he had less games in than you and thus had a higher volatility, giving him a larger rating change.

Doc Von Doom

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

He probably had fewer games played and was still on higher volatility, otherwise it shouldn't happen-

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    When exactly do you mean?
    See I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"
    The Smiths about Balance and PvP content

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.