Please allow for certain head options such as glasses to be used in conjunction with outfits — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Please allow for certain head options such as glasses to be used in conjunction with outfits

Comments

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019

    Outfits are not armor sets. I don't see that Anet can fulfill this request. It seems similar to the reasons why they can't toggle shoulders/gloves.

    EDIT: outfits are a one piece suit plus a head piece which is why you can mark the head piece visible/invisible. The head piece is still connected to the full outfit which is probably why it cannot be changed to a different one.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @kharmin.7683 said:
    Outfits are not armor sets. I don't see that Anet can fulfill this request. It seems similar to the reasons why they can't toggle shoulders/gloves.

    EDIT: outfits are a one piece suit plus a head piece which is why you can mark the head piece visible/invisible. The head piece is still connected to the full outfit which is probably why it cannot be changed to a different one.

    Some of the NPCs in Grothmar Valley are wearing outfits with different head items. The chef, for example. So it IS possible, at least to some extent.

    Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

  • @kharmin.7683 said:
    Outfits are not armor sets. I don't see that Anet can fulfill this request. It seems similar to the reasons why they can't toggle shoulders/gloves.

    EDIT: outfits are a one piece suit plus a head piece which is why you can mark the head piece visible/invisible. The head piece is still connected to the full outfit which is probably why it cannot be changed to a different one.

    They can change this fact. I own multiple outfits and own one pair of glasses.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Palador.2170 said:
    Some of the NPCs in Grothmar Valley are wearing outfits with different head items. The chef, for example. So it IS possible, at least to some extent.

    They were probably designed that way from their inception, not re-skinned with an outfit.

    @AssaultPlazma.3904 said:
    They can change this fact. I own multiple outfits and own one pair of glasses.

    They can? Show us how.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @kharmin.7683 said:

    @Palador.2170 said:
    Some of the NPCs in Grothmar Valley are wearing outfits with different head items. The chef, for example. So it IS possible, at least to some extent.

    They were probably designed that way from their inception, not re-skinned with an outfit.

    Taking another look at the chef, you're half right. Turns out, he's wearing the wrong pants for that top, too. He's using the old Town Clothes system, which had the Chef outfit in it. That's ... really unfair of them after they took that away from players.

    I'll have to look for others that might be wearing full, non-Town Clothes outfits with a different head and see if I can find any.

    But... At one point there was a bug that had my charr elementalist running around in the noble outfit while his fire "third eye" was still on his head. I'm not sure how or why it happened, I'd love to re-create it.

    Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

  • @kharmin.7683 said:

    @Palador.2170 said:
    Some of the NPCs in Grothmar Valley are wearing outfits with different head items. The chef, for example. So it IS possible, at least to some extent.

    They were probably designed that way from their inception, not re-skinned with an outfit.

    @AssaultPlazma.3904 said:
    They can change this fact. I own multiple outfits and own one pair of glasses.

    They can? Show us how.

    It is simply a matter of coding my friend. If nothing else glasses should be made as a character creation customization not a literal head piece.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    My point is that the outfits aren't coded that way to begin with. I agree with the desire to have things different, but the way that things currently stand, it doesn't seem possible.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2019

    The strange thing is that costumes in Guild Wars 1 could be toggled to show either the costume headpiece or your armor headpiece. It’s a shame they didn’t design outfits to do the same thing.

    Edit: if I remember correctly you could also wear a cosmetic headpiece such as the Halo with your costume.

    Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

    Forum Guides: Images. Text

  • Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I would buy a lot of these goofy head pieces if they could combo with outfits. Top Hat with Noble Count, for example.

  • Doggie.3184Doggie.3184 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2019

    @kharmin.7683 said:
    Outfits are not armor sets. I don't see that Anet can fulfill this request. It seems similar to the reasons why they can't toggle shoulders/gloves.

    EDIT: outfits are a one piece suit plus a head piece which is why you can mark the head piece visible/invisible. The head piece is still connected to the full outfit which is probably why it cannot be changed to a different one.

    No one cares. We want our GW1 feature to return and it's their job to figure out how.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Good luck.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.