New Weapons — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New Weapons

JohnWater.5760JohnWater.5760 Member ✭✭
edited November 9, 2019 in Professions

As in many years of game, they have not created any new weapons. That I am making this suggestion, there are so many classes that I ran out of ideas and some I just copied, changed and pasted.
With the arrival of the Saga without new Elite-Specs, they could add new weapons instead.
The weapons would be:

Gauntlets (Two-handed)
Grimoire (Two-handed)

FIRST!!!

Things you need to know

-> English isn't my main language, correct me with kindness.
-> This isn't skill's name, i know some of these names are already being used, It's a short name of how the skill would work.
-> Some classes I gave a better breakdown for better understanding

• Warrior - Gauntlets - Melee Tank
    Works as a Cestus, a Brawler weapon.
    It's inspired as a Fighter because while in beastmode, already have some fight skills. Berserker and Daredevil has too.

1- Punch
Punching Chain-Attack Sequence

F1- Uppercut
Stun your foe with a punch

F1- Uppercut (Berserker)
Gain stability and launch nearby foes into the air with a powerful Strike

2- Blow up
Leap to your target and deliver a massive punch that weakens foes.

3- Parry
Briefly block incoming attacks. Blocking an attack grants access to "Burning Fist"

3.1- Burning Fist
Strike your enemy multiple times.

4- Mega Punch
Charge up energy, sending out a shock wave that damages and knocks down foes.

5- Earthshaker
Jump up and slam the ground beneath you, damaging severely nearby foes.

• Guardian - Grimoire - Long-range DPS
    It's inspired as a Lightbringer + Sorcery

1- Light Orbs
Cast three light orbs that explodes on impact.

2- White Lighting
Strike foes in the target area repeatedly.

3- Symbol of Strength
Symbol. Sear a mystic symbol into the target area, damaging foes and granting retaliation to allies.

4- Heaven's Drop
Drop a giant ice spike on foes, chilling and damaging nearby foes.

5- Light Aura
Applies light aura to nearby allies

• Revenant - Gauntlets - Melee Tank
    The Cold Warden

1- Punch
Punching Chain-Attack Sequence

2- Phase Blow
Leap through the Mists at your foe to cripple and chill them.

3- Cold Scream
Shout out to taunt nearby foes and make them weaken.

4- Frozen Hell
Jump up and slam the ground beneath you, creating a Ice field and severely damaging nearby foes.

5- Sucker Punch
Damage foes in front of you and steal life.

• Skill 2, Leap Finisher. (Like Warrior's "Savage Leap")
• Skill 4, Ice Field and Blast Finisher. (Like Elementalist's "Ring of Earth" but creating an Ice field at the start and then strike the field)

• Ranger - Grimoire - Long-range DPS
    It's inspired as a Shaman, a weapon which bond the power of nature. Like a offensive Druid.

1- Sowing
Throw seeds at your target
Has a chance to drop seeds around the target.
The seeds will blow up if you use Sun Light on them.

2- Sun Light
Mark an area to light foes in the area.

3- Shield of Thorns
Envelop yourself in spike armor, whenever you take damage, deal damage back.

4- Hook Vine
Sprouts a vine near the foe that spin around and knock back nearby foes.

5- Ring of Thorns
Sprouts a ring of vines with thorns which cripple foes and cause damage over time.

• Thief - Gauntlets - Mid-Range DPS
    This weapon skills was inspired in the new trap skills, preparation.

1- Needles
1.1- Thin Neddle (Left Gauntlet)
1.2- Poisoned Neddle (Right Gauntlet) Poisoning
1.3- Sharpened Neddles (Both Gauntlets) Piercing

1.1- Shadow's Trap
Shot a needle that immobilizes foe's shadow and summon a shadow clone that cast the Stealth Attack from your other equipped weapon.

2- Shadow
Fire multiple needles at your foe and make them weaken.

3- Shadow Clone
Punch your foe and then shadowstep away and shoot them. Leaving a shadow clone that cast the Stealth Attack from your other equipped weapon.

4- Shadow Trap
Leave a small mark that immobilizes your foe.

5- Shadow Smoke
Create a wall of smoke that grants stealth to allies who cross it and blind foes who touch it.

• Shadow clones will disappear after attack
• If the secondary weapon is a Gauntlet, won't summon another clone
• Have the same range as pistols

• Engineer - Gauntlets - Long-range DPS
    Works like Hand-Cannons, a Electroshock weapon.
    Engineer has most Melee weapons than Long-range, excluding Tool kits. This weapon was inspired in Iron Man. Could work great with Scrapper.

1.1- Positive Volt (Left Gauntlet)
1.2- Negative Volt (Right Gauntlet)
1.3- Neutral Volt (Both Gauntlets)
Gauntlets Chain-Attack Sequence applies vulnerability.

2- Volt Barrage
Fire an explosive bolt at your target.

3- Charge Up
Channel barrier and swiftness to your nearby allies. Completing this channel grants more barrier to your allies.

4- Discharge
Launch an orb of lightning that constantly damages enemies near it. If press again detonate the orb causing it to explode, damaging foes.

5- Thunderstorm
Ionize an area, bringing down the power of lightning to daze foes and damage them over its duration.

• Elementalist - Grimoire- Long-range DPS
    Every elements have a Mark, which applies conditions and grants boons.
    Burning, freezing, blinding and bleeding.
    Since the water element is always healing, with the Grimoire I suggest putting it offensive.
    And more damage to the earth element, more bleeding I say.

Fire Attunement

1- Blaze Orb
Blast your foe with fire.

2- Lava Eruption
Burn foes at the target location.

3- Fire Mark
Inscribe a mark that burns foes when they trigger it, and grants might to allies.

4- Flaming Walk
Leave a trail of flame as you travel. Grant might and fury to allies passing through it. Inflict burning on enemies.

5- Vortex of Fire
Conjure a vortex of fire that explodes on impact at your foes.

Water Attunement

1- Water Trident
Throw a water trident that damages foes around the area of impact. Applies vulnerability.

2 - Ice Expansion
Conjure a spread of icy arrows that cause damage over time.

3- Water Mark
Inscribe a mark that chills foes when they trigger it, and grants vigor to allies.

4- Frozen Armor
Encase yourself in a block of solid ice to block the next three attacks, while heals nearby allies. If the shield is destroyed, it explodes and damages nearby foes.

5- Hail
Conjure a focused volley of ice shards to chills your foes.

Air Attunement

1- Air Shot
Shoot a slow, arcing arrow that explodes on impact.

2- Tornado
Blast out a tornado that damages enemies in your way.

3- Air Mark
Inscribe a mark that blinds foes when they trigger it, and grants fury to allies.

4- Teleport
Teleport to target place and blinds nearby foes

5- Thunder
Randomly strike the surrounding area with lightning, dazing foes caught.

Earth Attunement

1- Boulders
Send out a boulder that damages and bleeds foes in a line.

2- Stone Edge
Conjure stone spikes to cripple foes in the target area

3- Earth Mark
Inscribe a mark that bleeds foes when they trigger it, and grants retaliation to allies.

4- Seismic Wave
Push back all foes in front of you with a magnet wave.

5- Spikes Ring
Conjure a ring of spikes that damages enemies that attempt to cross their threshold.

Mesmer - Gauntlets - Long-range DPS
The Gauntlets amplify their space manipulation, works as a Gravitokinesis Weapon. They can manipulate the gravity easily. Creating anomalies on battlefield, increasing speed and throwing stone at the foe.

1.1- Right Pulse (Left Gauntlet)
1.2- Left Pulse (Right Gauntlet)
1.3- Kinetic Wave (Both Gauntlets)

Ambush- Space Wrapped
Warps space at the target, knocking down the caught.

2- Stone Projectile
Levitate big boulders from the earth, throwing them at the foe. Applying vulnerability.

3- Float Back
Fly backward and leave a clone, removing movement-impairing conditions and damaging foes with your energy.

4- Gravity Anomaly
An ethereal field , slows enemies and grants swiftness and stability to allies.

5- Zero Gravity
Summon a Phantasm that leaps to the target and creates a powerful shockwave that warps space in an area, floating foes caught.

Necromancer - Grimoire - Long-range DPS
It's like a Dark Mage, a Warlock maybe.

1- Shadow Orb
Strike your foe with Shadow Magic, and create an area that delivers a lesser attack a short time later.

2- Invoking the Dark
Mark an area for corruption, rapidly blasting foes in the area.

3- Dark Wisp
Become a wisp of dark energy, traversing to the targeted location. When you reach the target, creates dark aura to nearby allies. Blind foes in the path.

4- Darkest Will
Create a dark field that damage and weaken, if press again explode chilling foes.

5- Dark Prison
Create a dome with dark energy, damaging foes caught. Foes cannot cross.

Comments

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

Guild Wars: Gauntlets and Grimoire - Coming to iOS and Android this spring.

But on a serious note...... Grimoire is just a word used for magic books and scrolls that Teach you magic and artifacing. But the professions already operate in a way that any weapon is entirely usable as a magical focus, and requires no other special properties. A good chunk of Focus weapons are also modeled as scrolls, books, artifacts, and keepsakes to keep with the flavor of being a strictly magic user tool, but can turn any martial weapon into a magical one by virtue of their profession's training.

• Engal.6359Engal.6359 Member ✭✭✭

I like the mesmer one

• I like your line of thinking. Anet come read this guys post and make some new especs based on them.

• @starlinvf.1358 said:

Wiki: "Foci are primarily used by scholar professions and are characterized by having powerful defensive skills and utility"
    Grimoire would be offensive instead.
    Some RPGs grimoire is a weapon, nothing unusual. Some movies and tv shows too.

List of RPGs with Grimoire:
    Aura Kingdom
    Eden Eternal
    Final Fantasy
    A lot...

• JohnWater.5760JohnWater.5760 Member ✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019

@Engal.6359 said:
    I like the mesmer one

It was the first one I wrote.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:
    I like your line of thinking. Anet come read this guys post and make some new especs based on them.

It's everything that I want

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@JohnWater.5760 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:

Wiki: "Foci are primarily used by scholar professions and are characterized by having powerful defensive skills and utility"

Aura Kingdom
    Eden Eternal
    Final Fantasy
    A lot...

But thats being a little dismissive of how the mechanics and lore in THIS game operate. How do you separate it from Staff, which is 2 handed, highly associated with magical classes, and lacks the benefit of a physical application? What makes it different from the 1h magical weapons? You also still haven't pitched a hook beyond "other games have it, so why not?"

It would be like trying to separate Shurikens from Short Bows, since the Short bow's abilities have already been shown to go beyond physical limitation. Even the difference between Short bow and Long bow is pretty minimal on paper. But has managed to get away with it by using the conceptual difference between Pistols and Rifles, and applying it to the bows in order to give them a personality. Something else thats been bothering me is why all your examples feel like weakly repuposed ideas, when both of these feel like they should have more leverage thematically and mechanically. I think its partly because you've overreached by trying to get every class have something, which exhausts the creativity in order fill the quota.

See..... gauntlets I can totally get behind, because theres enough (as in a few decades worth of pop culture exposure) examples of unconventional uses in stories and games, many of which people are familiar with at this point. This affords it a very strong identity that easily separates it from other blunt melee weapons, with minimal convincing, and even comes with expectations of entire fighting styles built around it.

Grimoire doesn't have that; and most easily looked up information immediately found is either "Spell book" or describing what Foci already represent in this game. So it raises the question of what physical structure does a Grimoire have other then "Spellbook" or "Scroll" that can conceptually separate it from Foci? And since we're here....... What can simply having the Foci go Main hand (or even 2 hand) "NOT DO" that the Grimoire can? As presented so far, its incredibly bland/generic; and is the main reason why I'm criticizing it so hard.

Just think of the many ways we could use a Hoop to design attacks in Melee, Ranged and Magical contexts, all while having a very distinct physical profile. Pole Arms and Whips can as well. Giant Fan is another one that comes up rarely, but could work here as well.

• Stallic.2397Stallic.2397 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019

As a main Ele, I really like your grimoire ideas! It would be cool if your tome was carried in the right hand, and whatever attunement you're in creates a physical conjure of what you need in the left hand.

So for example. Your water abilities creates a trident. So every time you attune to water, your left hand creates a trident made out of ice/water.

If grimoires were added, they would have their own skins which affects the right hand. But for every ele, their conjure on the left will look the same

I don't see weapons attached to the other attunements but fire could be a ball of flames in your left hand. Earth could be a gauntlet of earth conjure. And air could cause winds to swirl around your character. Sort of like how barrier causes a full body look.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

@JohnWater.5760 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:

Aura Kingdom
    Eden Eternal
    Final Fantasy
    A lot...

It could be a two handed magic weapon? Like it floats infront of you and you cast spells from it, like a master sorcerer?

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@JohnWater.5760 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:

Aura Kingdom
    Eden Eternal
    Final Fantasy
    A lot...

But thats being a little dismissive of how the mechanics and lore in THIS game operate. How do you separate it from Staff, which is 2 handed, highly associated with magical classes, and lacks the benefit of a physical application? What makes it different from the 1h magical weapons? You also still haven't pitched a hook beyond "other games have it, so why not?"

It would be like trying to separate Shurikens from Short Bows, since the Short bow's abilities have already been shown to go beyond physical limitation. Even the difference between Short bow and Long bow is pretty minimal on paper. But has managed to get away with it by using the conceptual difference between Pistols and Rifles, and applying it to the bows in order to give them a personality. Something else thats been bothering me is why all your examples feel like weakly repuposed ideas, when both of these feel like they should have more leverage thematically and mechanically. I think its partly because you've overreached by trying to get every class have something, which exhausts the creativity in order fill the quota.

See..... gauntlets I can totally get behind, because theres enough (as in a few decades worth of pop culture exposure) examples of unconventional uses in stories and games, many of which people are familiar with at this point. This affords it a very strong identity that easily separates it from other blunt melee weapons, with minimal convincing, and even comes with expectations of entire fighting styles built around it.

Grimoire doesn't have that; and most easily looked up information immediately found is either "Spell book" or describing what Foci already represent in this game. So it raises the question of what physical structure does a Grimoire have other then "Spellbook" or "Scroll" that can conceptually separate it from Foci? And since we're here....... What can simply having the Foci go Main hand (or even 2 hand) "NOT DO" that the Grimoire can? As presented so far, its incredibly bland/generic; and is the main reason why I'm criticizing it so hard.

Just think of the many ways we could use a Hoop to design attacks in Melee, Ranged and Magical contexts, all while having a very distinct physical profile. Pole Arms and Whips can as well. Giant Fan is another one that comes up rarely, but could work here as well.

Ok let me give it a shot. Grimoire could be seperated by the Idea that it casts larger more powerful spells, the others are built on the idea of quick casting but they don't master their craft. lets go through the classes and see what we can kind of come up with theme wise for how it would be different.

1. Necromancer: It could be our summoning weapon, Unlike staff or the other weapons it primarily is about outnumbering opponents with torrents of undead and various other forms of death magic. (Bone spear, Soul arrow, Siphon soul, Soul barbs, Spiteful spirit, Spirit summoning/minion-mancing) It could have large AoE cleave and be more focused on large effects with big pay-offs, where as staff is quick wells that are more situational this would be our long range weapon for long range casting.
    2. Elementalist: could be based more around movement, and casting large powerful elemental blasts as well summoning perhaps totems? Which give beneficial effects to the user and their party. Think of it more as the pure support weapon which would give healing Ele more room outside of its meme worthy nature. It could reinforce the playstyle and give players who wish to play a support shaman like build a weapon to do so. This could also offer long range support, as its a casting weapon and might even offer "You summon a meteor from the sky which cc's enemies with moderate damage, but heals allies in the area as well granting stability and earth armor for ten seconds."
    3. Guardian: could get a protection monk like build from guild wars 1, as well some smiting and it could make them more of a caster than they currently feel. Again a weapon based more around utility and support as staff really only somewhat handles the role.
    4. Revenant it could be our invocation based weapon, pair that with a legend and we are good to go as it would give the traitline more oomph and even make it fit more in with the way the class works. (Could be our long range condi-weapon for core, which we sorely need)
    5. Messmer: Make it about interruptions and nightmare inducing illusions, all about causing havoc and chaos a very warlock like weapon with tons of abilities typically not accessible to the messmer. Such as a life leech, or AoE that works in a way like A destruction or warlock in general from WoW. ( Could be themed around eldritch horror)

I do want great-ax, and maybe even land spears? Could be cool as well to get something like a buckler which is a more offensive version of a shield, meant for more damage rather than pure defense.

• Engal.6359Engal.6359 Member ✭✭✭

@JohnWater.5760 said:

@Engal.6359 said:
    I like the mesmer one

It was the first one I wrote.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:
    I like your line of thinking. Anet come read this guys post and make some new especs based on them.

It's everything that I want

The ambush is insanely op though. They were very careful to keep hard cc off of ambushes for that reason.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.