Next rip for necro - active of signet of undeath useless!?

Nimon.7840

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signet of Undeath: Reduced recharge to 75 seconds in all game modes. Reduced cast time from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds. Reduced number of allies revived from 3 to 1. Added additional health cost of 50% of base health to this skill. Increased passive lifeforce gain by 100%.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/91782/upcoming-changes-to-fall-damage-and-revival/p1Signet of Undeath currently gives 2% lifeforce per 3 seconds.This change increases it by 100% up to 4% per 3 seconds.When traited with Signets of Suffering you get 6% per 3 seconds which is a 100% increase from the previous 3% per 3 seconds.

As nice a lifeforce gain increase it is. Signets of Suffering is unfortunately competing with Close to Death for pve. Which seems to make it a non starter to even think about?

I love how they justify the change to the traits with the incensitive to make revive more "active" and next to that, they put a crippling 50% health sacrifice on the signet active while increasing the passive by 100%. The signet was already used mostly for the passive, so overall it's a nice buff.

One noteworthy thing about these changes that they bring onto the "revival" skills is that these skills were already "hated" in sPvP, with quite a bunch of threads crying about foes being revived due to revive skills on short cast time. These changes introduce shorter cast time on revive skills as well as shorter CD... It's like ANet read the threads and then do the opposite of what should be done to shut the complains.

Truly, another baffling set of changes from my point of view, I'm really wondering what was the thought process that led them to suddenly think that it would be interesting to look into revive and fall tools.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:Aktive of Signet of undeath gets completely useless:

How does this make it useless?

Well, I believe he used poor words to describe it. It doesn't make the active "useless", it just give the active a prohibitive cost making people unlikely to use it.

Well the passive change is a good change.The passive buff is almost to strong in my opinion.

But why does necro have to sacrifice a lot of health in order to Rez someone, just for 15 seconds less cd than guard has on the same effect?

If necro can block that dmg with barrier. Fine.If not,... I dont know.You don't really need the active in raids anyways, but for pvp, the active would be completely useless if the dmg can't be negated by barrier.Cause necro isn't able to sustain itself very good.

That's basically: here I'm your punching bag, but in order to make me die even faster, I kill myself

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:Aktive of Signet of undeath gets completely useless:

How does this make it useless?

Well, I believe he used poor words to describe it. It doesn't make the active "useless", it just give the active a prohibitive cost making people unlikely to use it.

Clickbait title ;)

We have the whole blood branch to rez easily.It just needs to completely change actif sign for something that the necro really needs. AOE heal or area of protection for you group, ....We're already a rez bot no need for that signet.Half skills of the necro are useless or skills that aren't symbiotic example the signet of splite that increases the power and that on your active puts conditions completely off the plate they could have put an imblockable or a CC or just an aoe of degat power but no.here for signet of undeath we have a skill that serves half of nothing only passive.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:What is the oppinion on the passive for pve? With or without signets of suffering.

Passive buff is insane for support scourge in pve in my opinion.

Does it even compare to Close to Death for dps?

Why would it have to compare to close to death? Untraited it grant you 12% life fore every 9 seconds, it's already good enough to keep soul barb perma active even if you can't hit any target for 10s.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:What is the oppinion on the passive for pve? With or without signets of suffering.

Passive buff is insane for support scourge in pve in my opinion.

Does it even compare to Close to Death for dps?

Why would it have to compare to
close to death
? Untraited it grant you 12% life fore every 9 seconds, it's already good enough to keep
soul barb
perma active even if you can't hit any target for 10s.

Ah, I thought it would need it to fit.

@Nimon.7840 said:

Dps wise? No.Like I said. Only support scourge buff

The passive is great for reaper. Signet build with Signets of suffering is nothing to scoff at. Truckloads of sustain from signet of vampirism + signet of locust combo. Now a 3rd one joins the fray, granting some real life force generation. In shroud it would decrease LF degen to core necro level. The max dps build may need poppin in and out of shroud every 10s, but in not so perfect world with not so perfect players, having extra shroud duration may prove huge when you're actually getting smacked around on top of already hefty lf degen.

At this point, I have stopped caring I have given up. I am just waiting for the next set of nerfs to uselessness for reaper.

It is so comical, that I can't help but ask for it to happen just to see the tragedy anger and all.

It is like bethdesa with fallout 76. Oh you wanted private worlds and the ability to store more metal? we are going to put it behind a paywall. It's almost as if ANET isn't listening or doesn't care about concerns. It is almost as if the only thing they care or listen to, is complaints about WVW because those seem to be hotfixed immediately.

Maybe we should all just complain in WVW that we cannot defend ourselves or rez folks in WVW in order to get hotfix buffs.

I only used this signet on one of my reapers as a life force generator anyways which is good for how its getting buffed but other than that..... i never NEVER USED the active.And i sure as hell wont use it now. almost 10k damage to myself to save 1 person is never going to be worth it in real combat situations with the current shape and form of necro.

Passive buff = greatActive change = worse than it was before.

So 1 step forward 2 steps back?

I like how they change it from rez 3 to rez 1 but then buff Chrono to rez an entire zerg.

@"DrakusEnderBorn.7904" said:Since it's stated :

Mesmer
  • Descent into Madness: Removed fall damage functionality from this trait. Renamed to "Method of Madness"
  • Medic's Feedback: This trait no longer increases revival speed. It now causes Feedback to revive allies inside it by 5% per second.Would that mean if a Mesmer casted normal feedback it would revive people? So if they mimic -> feedback -> feedback -> revive for medic's feedback and then cancel to proc after that 18s the person would be ressed 90% from full dead? If so wouldn't this be too broken in WvW lord ressurecting or ressing wiped people in a Zerg v Zerg fight? Esp since it just states "allies inside it" theoretically you could revive an entire zerg with 2+ mesmers placing feedback.

I think people are missing something important here. This will be the first skill in the game with a direct health cost. We might be seeing proper health sacrifice coming in the future.

That said, reviving somebody at 1000 range with 1.5 second cast time is pretty strong. Even stronger when you realize that the Necro will be able to trait this to quite feasibly do it every 30 seconds (and on Core Necro, effectively drop the shroud degen to 1/3 what it normally is in the process). I can understand why ANet felt the need to put an additional cost onto the skill. Not saying it's the correct cost, but having one does make sense.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:I think people are missing something important here. This will be the first skill in the game with a direct health cost. We might be seeing proper health sacrifice coming in the future.

That said, reviving somebody at 1000 range with 1.5 second cast time is pretty strong. Even stronger when you realize that the Necro will be able to trait this to quite feasibly do it every 30 seconds (and on Core Necro, effectively drop the shroud degen to 1/3 what it normally is in the process). I can understand why ANet felt the need to put an additional cost onto the skill. Not saying it's the correct cost, but having one does make sense.

On paper it looks good. The reality is any sacrifice mechanic on skill will make the skill useless because necro has 0 resustain or mobility tp get their cooldowns back. Everything comes down to this in the end.