Arcane Resurrection change

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

that is correct only the passive of 10% revive speed is being removed and its being removed from all classes so basically no more revive speed passives !what bother me is the fact that they try be fair and balance the healing and revive (basically the only thing tempest sup is good at )but why not balance the boon and the offensive abilities where tempest is useless and where FB is overkill?the thing is.. it should never been removed from the tempest without anything in return.. FB will be fine without it. because.. FB is meta for its boon and defensive and offensive abilities while tempest isnt meta but is only sometimes accepted for its heal and ress potential.nerfing that even if doing the same to other classes only make tempest useless .. both Scourge and tempest .. what they offer is only they hard carry potential for survive with 0 dps buff to the team or boons.. i just really hate how A-net do things in the balance they shit on their own game they should really consider trying to play their game and not balance things on the paper only .. ohh well.. if they put tempest in the line with other supports in terms of revive time.. they should def give us boon uptime and offensive abilities to out us in line with the other broken sups like FB

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:I'm pretty sure the geyser part will still be in the new trait. Just the additionnal passive revival speed will be removed. Cause they specificly said they like the interactive of skill such as geyser to rez ppl.

Edit: okay ya I see the geyser part will still be a part of the skill, just removing the 10% revive speed.

Alright so it’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be

@noiwk.2760 said:that is correct only the passive of 10% revive speed is being removed and its being removed from all classes so basically no more revive speed passives !what bother me is the fact that they try be fair and balance the healing and revive (basically the only thing tempest sup is good at )but why not balance the boon and the offensive abilities where tempest is useless and where FB is overkill?the thing is.. it should never been removed from the tempest without anything in return.. FB will be fine without it. because.. FB is meta for its boon and defensive and offensive abilities while tempest isnt meta but is only sometimes accepted for its heal and ress potential.nerfing that even if doing the same to other classes only make tempest useless .. both Scourge and tempest .. what they offer is only they hard carry potential for survive with 0 dps buff to the team or boons.. i just really hate how A-net do things in the balance they kitten on their own game they should really consider trying to play their game and not balance things on the paper only .. ohh well.. if they put tempest in the line with other supports in terms of revive time.. they should def give us boon uptime and offensive abilities to out us in line with the other broken sups like FB

Ya. I agree was really disappointed that they didn’t add anything just took away. Of course I’m not surprised because anets on a “nerf crusade” because so many people are complaining about powercreep and throw the term around for every single thing in the game... so we gets “trade offs” and nerfs that just devalue what’s good and has been working.

Honestly Arcane right now is next to useless with arcane resurrection being one of the only things that make it worth taking.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@"noiwk.2760" said:that is correct only the passive of 10% revive speed is being removed and its being removed from all classes so basically no more revive speed passives !what bother me is the fact that they try be fair and balance the healing and revive (basically the only thing tempest sup is good at )but why not balance the boon and the offensive abilities where tempest is useless and where FB is overkill?the thing is.. it should never been removed from the tempest without anything in return.. FB will be fine without it. because.. FB is meta for its boon and defensive and offensive abilities while tempest isnt meta but is only sometimes accepted for its heal and ress potential.nerfing that even if doing the same to other classes only make tempest useless .. both Scourge and tempest .. what they offer is only they hard carry potential for survive with 0 dps buff to the team or boons.. i just really hate how A-net do things in the balance they kitten on their own game they should really consider trying to play their game and not balance things on the paper only .. ohh well.. if they put tempest in the line with other supports in terms of revive time.. they should def give us boon uptime and offensive abilities to out us in line with the other broken sups like FB

Ya. I agree was really disappointed that they didn’t add anything just took away. Of course I’m not surprised because anets on a “nerf crusade” because so many people are complaining about powercreep and throw the term around for every single thing in the game... so we gets “trade offs” and nerfs that just devalue what’s good and has been working.

Honestly Arcane right now is next to useless with arcane resurrection being one of the only things that make it worth taking.

im just considering to replace Arcane with earth but the problem is.. earth is also pretty much dam useless..

and the support tempest is slowly becoming useless.. the issue is.. im not against this nerf.. i see the point of it..

but a long list of nerfs need to happy to FB and guard in general.. gurdian is just way too strong in any game mode..nothing is really balanced at the moment in the game.. and only handful of classes are really "worth" playing or good enough to endgame..it makes the game boring .. and you dont have the freedom with builds that the game claim to offer. i see the recent changes and i feel lack of motivation to play..i log on my Scourge and then i feel meh .. dont wanna.. then i log on tempest.. and see such changes and feel meh.. why bother?then i end up just chatting and logging out.. warrior is support but it does more dps than a full dps necro.. and just about the same dps as a dedicated pro weaver.. where is the balance? mesmer got all the needed boons and FB offers way too much that it just cant be replaced... tempest is a meh support strong heals but meant only to be use on struggling groups. take that from tempest and you just make it useless sup. i understand taking the revive from other sups as they already offer too much but this revive ability is only thing tempest got to offer. its unfair

@reikken.4961 said:

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:Ya. I agree was really disappointed that they didn’t add anything just took away.

not truethey added something important: you get aura at the start of your res instead of when you finish. That helps a lot with actually getting your res off.

that alone came at the cost of your aura only applying to you and not your the one you ress aswell.

they also added a 20s cd, unlike now you are able to gain an aura whenever you resurrect an ally (no cd), even if you stopped and someone else finished resurrecting them

also you'll lose aura application to all downed ally affected by geyser skill or proc from trait, which means up to -10 aura application to allys (best case scenario)

and you'll trade all of that aura synergy at the end of resurrecting to instead have it at the beginning while you are wasting time resurrecting your ally and losing all procs from auras or you can start resurrecting them and then run away to use a minimal aura proc after you leave your ally still dying

so indeed, enjoy your nerf, rip auramancer healer

@chris.6583 said:they also added a 20s cd, unlike now you are able to gain an aura whenever you resurrect an ally (no cd), even if you stopped and someone else finished resurrecting them

also you'll lose aura application to all downed ally affected by geyser skill or proc from trait, which means up to -10 aura application to allys (best case scenario)

and you'll trade all of that aura synergy at the end of resurrecting to instead have it at the beginning while you are wasting time resurrecting your ally and losing all procs from auras or you can start resurrecting them and then run away to use a minimal aura proc after you leave your ally still dying

so indeed, enjoy your nerf, rip auramancer healer

RIP Auramancer? Seems a bit dramatic. It will still have its Geyser functionality. This is a direct quote from Robert Gee's post, and I see no mention of this getting removed. Only the 10% increased revival speed, just like all the other professions' traits.

Arcane Resurrection: This trait no longer increases revival speed. Auras granted by this trait are now granted only to the elementalist at the start of a revival attempt rather than at the end. This effect has a 20 second cooldown.Also, an aura on revival attempt has its own advantages: you can tap the downed in air or earth and get some respectable melee or ranged cleave denial, which can help successfully execute the rez. If you've got aurashare traited, that's 5 instantly. Nothing to laugh at.

• 3 weeks later...

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:RIP Auramancer? Seems a bit dramatic. It will still have its Geyser functionality. This is a direct quote from Robert Gee's post, and I see no mention of this getting removed. Only the 10% increased revival speed, just like all the other professions' traits.

Arcane Resurrection: ... Auras granted by this trait are now granted only to the elementalist at the start of a revival attempt rather than at the end. .....

i think you dont understand this specifically, you will get the proc geyser + aura from the trait at the start of the healing after pressing F, but resing with geyser (staff skill) wont proc an aura to anyone because tecnically you are not starting a res properlly, also signet of water and glyph of renewal that wont proc an aura

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Also, an aura on revival attempt has its own advantages: you can tap the downed in air or earth and get some respectable melee or ranged cleave denial, which can help successfully execute the rez. If you've got aurashare traited, that's 5 instantly. Nothing to laugh at.

if you are trying to res someone completely safe you can use mist form or obsidian flesh, which are way better skills than just an aura that you can get from weapon skills anyway; it may have some advantages but all of this changes will make Arcane RESURRECTION worst to RESURRECT comparing it with how it works now and traiting powerful aura wont fix all the sinergy lost

Anet just dont want resurrects anymore