Rev pvp-gap

Virdo.1540

I was just wondering, why the revenant is so incredibly weak in pvp compared to the other gamemodes.

It not like the Rev is overpowered in PvE, nor in WvW... it has an chance against other classes, but nothing more

and in pvp its like that. it does almost half of the damage it normally does, almost Every skill & every trait got weakened in pvp. Its like a completely new class, but crappier... even the widehits does almost half of the damage it should.

it already has an enormous difference between PvE and WvW (wvw alot weaker) , why is there another enormous nerf between WvW and PvP ?

I was today thinking the same. I roam in wvw with shield, rest is classic shiro glint meta build, an in wvw i dont have problem to deal dmg+shield is good vs condi, but in pvp holy molly it is so weak, without offhand sword no dmg, lot of traites are overnerfed so taking them is complete waste.

In this, wvw is much better, you can make your own builds work, im often running with jalis/glint for example and i have no problem with might. While still taking other traits for utility or defense, but 1 stack of might for 5 sec after using legend skill is bullshit.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:Honest question, as I haven't done spvp for a while (i prefer wvw and fractals) - how do the other professions stack up? Like if you play a Warrior in WvW/PvE, does it also feel much weaker in spvp?

its like the same in Pve&WvW and only a little bit weaker in pvp, while rev has every skill tuned (even up to (pve)100%more damage than in WvW, Pvp even weaker)

warrior is one of the classes which doesnt get weaker at all. ANets favourite child, like many love to say

@Virdo.1540 said:

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:Honest question, as I haven't done spvp for a while (i prefer wvw and fractals) - how do the other professions stack up? Like if you play a Warrior in WvW/PvE, does it also feel much weaker in spvp?

its like the same in Pve&WvW and only a little bit weaker in pvp, while rev has every skill tuned (even up to (pve)100%more damage than in WvW, Pvp even weaker)

warrior is one of the classes which doesnt get weaker at all. ANets favourite child, like many love to say

Yeah what the hell, the damage on e.g. Precision Strike is more or less halved in spvp according to gw2skills, hundred blades on the other hand is like 80% effective. Trolol. Rev OP!

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Yeah what the hell, the damage on e.g. Precision Strike is more or less halved in spvp according to gw2skills, hundred blades on the other hand is like 80% effective. Trolol. Rev OP!

for example, Warrior Gs f1 is still able to hit for over 12k with ease, while Rev Staff 5 gets even less than 40% of its pve damage. Its not even useful to use in pve either.

@Virdo.1540 said:

for example, Warrior Gs f1 is still able to hit for over 12k with ease, while Rev Staff 5 gets even less than 40% of its pve damage. Its not even useful to use in pve either.

Staff 5 is absolutely amazing in pve(raids/fractals) for the cc break.

@Virdo.1540 said:

with no might :smile: I can hit 10k with warrior hammer F1 without any might and i Can hit for 10k with sw4 and 25 might on rev...Warrior have lower CD 8vs15

@Catchyfx.5768 said:

with no might :smile: I can hit 10k with warrior hammer F1 without any might and i Can hit for 10k with sw4 and 25 might on rev...Warrior have lower CD 8vs15

to that rev is way squishier and warrior f1 is almost impossible to be predicted if it comes, while Rev S4 got soooo slow

@Virdo.1540 said:

to that rev is way squishier and warrior f1 is almost impossible to be predicted if it comes, while Rev S4 got soooo slow

Power shiro is very strong in pvp. It sounds like you are just complaining and dont understand the role of the build. Power shiro is a +1 and teamfight build, not a 1v1 duelist, but even then they are very capable in skilled hands. Complaining about pve/pvp splits and claiming warrior has none just shows your ignorance.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Power shiro is very strong in pvp. It sounds like you are just complaining and dont understand the role of the build. Power shiro is a +1 and teamfight build, not a 1v1 duelist, but even then they are very capable in skilled hands. Complaining about pve/pvp splits and claiming warrior has none just shows your ignorance.

I know the role, but that is telling something about the class. If i pick meta shiroglint dual seord yeah it work, take shield and you are useless, but in wvw roaming shield is good. Here we can use multiple builds in pvp only 2

@Catchyfx.5768 said:

I know the role, but that is telling something about the class. If i pick meta shiroglint dual seord yeah it work, take shield and you are useless, but in wvw roaming shield is good. Here we can use multiple builds in pvp only 2

There are a few reasons for that, the main one being that there are a lot more build possibilities in wvw with pve gear, runes, etc. Also, in pvp builds need to be able to fill one of the roles of conquest, like teamfighter, +1, sidenode bunker, etc. In wvw you have much more freedom to experiment while still maintaining some effectiveness. Even so, there are still only a few meta roaming builds that are arguably the best at dueling.

without mentioning +1, rev is also decent 1v1, rev has tons of evade, high spike damage and good gap closers, you are not supposed to stay in melee u are supposed to do spike and kit and do spike.it sounds like you like warrior play style more then u should play warrior.

if you think warrior is favorite child, that would only say you are low skilled player, because the higher you climb the less warrior you see, because warrior has low carry power for how limited the class isand if you think rev is weak, only because you are bad because rev has decently high skill floor.

Question about +1, what makes a profession that's a good +1 but not also good at any other fight situation a desireable pick? I've read a lot about how good Rev is at that role but not necessarily so good at anything else. Why wouldn't you pick a class that's generally good with fighting in any situation? Phrased another way, what's the difference between the requirements for a good +1 profession and a good 1v1 or teamfight profession?

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:Question about +1, what makes a profession that's a good +1 but not also good at any other fight situation a desireable pick? I've read a lot about how good Rev is at that role but not necessarily so good at anything else. Why wouldn't you pick a class that's generally good with fighting in any situation? Phrased another way, what's the difference between the requirements for a good +1 profession and a good 1v1 or teamfight profession?

It all has to do with rotating. A +1 build typically needs good mobility (often with teleports onto a target) and burst/pressure, but sacrifices some defensive ability for it. Their role is to end outnumbered fights quickly, allowing your team to hold or decap points. A duelist build has more defense and could still +1 a fight, but they would be slower to win it, and might not even get the kill if your opponent has time to kite away. Holo would be an example of a class that is good in every kind of fight, which is one of the reasons why they are considered so op.

@"nosleepdemon.1368" said:Question about +1, what makes a profession that's a good +1 but not also good at any other fight situation a desireable pick? I've read a lot about how good Rev is at that role but not necessarily so good at anything else. Why wouldn't you pick a class that's generally good with fighting in any situation? Phrased another way, what's the difference between the requirements for a good +1 profession and a good 1v1 or teamfight profession?

It all has to do with rotating. A +1 build typically needs good mobility (often with teleports onto a target) and burst/pressure, but sacrifices some defensive ability for it. Their role is to end outnumbered fights quickly, allowing your team to hold or decap points. A duelist build has more defense and could still +1 a fight, but they would be slower to win it, and might not even get the kill if your opponent has time to kite away. Holo would be an example of a class that is good in every kind of fight, which is one of the reasons why they are considered so op.

+1 is only good in "meta teams"

if playing pvp with strangers, u r most likely to run into an group which doesnt even know how to rotate -> +1 is crap there

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:Question about +1, what makes a profession that's a good +1 but not also good at any other fight situation a desireable pick? I've read a lot about how good Rev is at that role but not necessarily so good at anything else. Why wouldn't you pick a class that's generally good with fighting in any situation? Phrased another way, what's the difference between the requirements for a good +1 profession and a good 1v1 or teamfight profession?

Thanks, that was helpful :)

@phokus.8934 said:

Staff 5 means you barely do damage for the next 10 seconds (or you barely did damage the ten seconds before using #5 and swapping to other weapon). I guess it works as alacrigade or healer, because in those roles your dps is irrelevant (your function is to either to provide better skill recharge and extend the buffs to the ones which do the real work or just support with heals and passive boons). But condi dps Revenants do no use the staff on regular basis.

@Buran.3796 said:

Staff 5 means you barely do damage for the next 10 seconds (or you barely did damage the ten seconds before using #5 and swapping to other weapon). I guess it works as alacrigade or healer, because in those roles your dps is irrelevant (your function is to either to provide better skill recharge and extend the buffs to the ones which do the real work or just support with heals and passive boons). But condi dps Revenants do no use the staff on regular basis.

I think that goes without saying, though.