I would be interested in a Winged Unicorn/Pegasus hybrid Skyscale Mount skin — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I would be interested in a Winged Unicorn/Pegasus hybrid Skyscale Mount skin

I like some of the Unique mount skins like the Humming Bird for Skimmer and the Deer for Jackal.

Next I would like a Unicorn/Pegasus hybrid for a Skyscale Mount skin.
not sure if some special effects could also be a thing. Maybe since there is already a fire effect skyscale. But a Running on a beam of light animation, when flying, for this would seal the deal for me.

<1

Comments

• Kaliwenda.3428Kaliwenda.3428 Member ✭✭✭

I'd love a Pegasus skin, that would be lovely. I personally don't need the unicorn part, but depending on how it looks, I could probably live with it :)

• @nosleepdemon.1368 said:
    Sure as long as they also add the ability for the client to show all mounts not summoned by you in their default skins.

If you want to get rid of all the visual clutter, turn your settings down. I have had to because I have had to use my old computer, which can't handle the graphics, while my new one is in the shop. Everyone player and their weapons in in default-default mode except me. All I usually see is some auras.

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

I would prefer an insect like a Butterfly, Moth, or DragonFly. Something that actually has legs and can hang onto things and push off of things with them.

• Funky.4861Funky.4861 Member ✭✭✭

Definately on board with dragonfly of some description, but i'd also love to see a bat version of skyscale, replete with membraneous wings and ears, fangs and a piggy snout :)

I think OP would have better luck positing for an alicorn griffon skin, as griffons don't cling, they jump.

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Funky.4861 said:
    Definately on board with dragonfly of some description, but i'd also love to see a bat version of skyscale, replete with membraneous wings and ears, fangs and a piggy snout :)

I think OP would have better luck positing for an alicorn griffon skin, as griffons don't cling, they jump.

I didn't consider this. This makes sense.

• Tyncale.1629Tyncale.1629 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019

I would like to see an asura-built contraption, like the huge flashy glider-chair. The wall-clinging could be done with some sort of robotic arms grasping the rockwall, while the contraption accumulates energy again. Does it fit the "Lore" or reality? Look around in the game and you will know my answer. It's a game and my motto is not Learn to Play, but Learn to Ignore (and enjoy what you enjoy).

I also love many of the sugggestions in the thread: Pegasus, Bats, huge Moths, I think they all have a chance to be the next moneymaker for Anet. :)

• Im still waiting for my pegasus (griffon skin) since this game came out. it's slowly playing catch-up with mounts vs other games

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mecha-Skyscale or bone Skyscale Do it.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭

Have no horses in your game but introduce a pegasus. It's a genius move.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Henry.5713 said:
    Have no horses in your game but introduce a pegasus. It's a genius move.

Well there's already centaurs, which get compared to horses, and references to unicorns so a pegasus doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.

(There's also one horse in the game, but he lives in The Mists...and is invisible.)

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭✭

My guardian would love the pegasus.
    I'm sure he would be really pleased.
    So yes please.

• Ertrak.9506Ertrak.9506 Member ✭✭✭

Would push me to actually finish the kitten collection. Would pay for an alicorn griffon skin though.

• Funky.4861Funky.4861 Member ✭✭✭

To those wanting a pegasus/alicorn skyscale skin- how will it perform the wall-cling action? Last time i checked, hooves can't grasp anything...

• @Funky.4861 said:
    To those wanting a pegasus/alicorn skyscale skin- how will it perform the wall-cling action? Last time i checked, hooves can't grasp anything...

Since a Pegasus has wings and feathers this makes it part bird, so give it bird feet to grab hold of walls. A slight modification but worth it.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have never seen a pegasus anywhere in any lore that has bird feet. That would look odd, IMO.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Unicorn/ Pegasus would do better on the griffon model. Can you imagine a Pegasus sticking to the side of a cliff?

Resident Weeb and Woman of Culture

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:
    Sure as long as they also add the ability for the client to show all mounts not summoned by you in their default skins.

you know, id be okay with that, give me more options to make the game less visually obnoxious.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maximum negativity.
    The legendary longbow was enough of a scar on this game

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• @Dante.1763 said:

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

you know, id be okay with that, give me more options to make the game less visually obnoxious.

Yep definitely, there's a glowing pink Griffon skin that caused my pc to freeze every couple of seconds when it was visible. Bizzarre!

It would be awesome as a new mount.
    But probably something to be unlocked around woodland cascades.

• Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭✭

I would be content with a skyscale skin that looks like a dragon. The only skin that looks like a dragon is shimmerwing, i guess thats why it sells so well. But there are many kinds of dragons aside from fairy dragons, for example game of thrones has beautiful ones which are not fairy dragon themed.

@Roxanne.6140 said:
    I would be content with a skyscale skin that looks like a dragon. The only skin that looks like a dragon is shimmerwing, i guess thats why it sells so well. But there are many kinds of dragons aside from fairy dragons, for example game of thrones has beautiful ones which are not fairy dragon themed.

What's the difference between a skyscale and a dragon to you? Of course there's huge variations in what dragons look like, but I doubt you could show a skyscale to anyone who doesn't play GW2, ask them what it is and get any answer except dragon. If I drew a dragon it would have a longer face and probably not forward facing horns, but those are fairly minor details.

• Jables.4659Jables.4659 Member ✭✭✭

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    Maximum negativity.

I believe the weapon you are referring to is a short bow.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:

What's the difference between a skyscale and a dragon to you? Of course there's huge variations in what dragons look like, but I doubt you could show a skyscale to anyone who doesn't play GW2, ask them what it is and get any answer except dragon. If I drew a dragon it would have a longer face and probably not forward facing horns, but those are fairly minor details.

Didn't want to sound so straightforward, but skyscale looks like the offspring of a dragon, a gargoyle and some large bird. In all variations dragons tend to have a longer face. It depends which part of the skyscale do I show to people who don't play GW2. If I showed only the head, neck and the shoulders, maybe some people may not know what it is. But yes, if I showed the rest of its body then nobody has a doubt they are looking at a dragon.

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:

Didn't want to sound so straightforward, but skyscale looks like the offspring of a dragon, a gargoyle and some large bird. In all variations dragons tend to have a longer face. It depends which part of the skyscale do I show to people who don't play GW2. If I showed only the head, neck and the shoulders, maybe some people may not know what it is. But yes, if I showed the rest of its body then nobody has a doubt they are looking at a dragon.

Not all dragons look like European dragons, but european style dragons are the most popular which is sad. Theres -tons- of artwork out there of dragons that dont have that facial structure.. Then again How to Dragon is probably the most popular dragon themed movie at the moment and it is loaded down with dragons that dont have the structure at all include Nightfury. To be honest if you showed me just the head neck and shoulders of anything reptilian id either assume its a dragon -or- a Lizan, its just a safe guess.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:

Not all dragons look like European dragons, but european style dragons are the most popular which is sad. Theres -tons- of artwork out there of dragons that dont have that facial structure.. Then again How to Dragon is probably the most popular dragon themed movie at the moment and it is loaded down with dragons that dont have the structure at all include Nightfury. To be honest if you showed me just the head neck and shoulders of anything reptilian id either assume its a dragon -or- a Lizan, its just a safe guess.

I don't think its a geographical thing. google Chinese dragons, American dragons ( I think Game of thrones is American?), whichever dragons you can google and they all have long faces.

edited January 20, 2020

Don't forget that the story in Dragonfall explains that the Skyscale is related to Dragons, but doesn't have their destructive behaviour.
    Therefore, the need to come up with a model that suits a mount and looks powerful, can be tamed, but without the mindless will and crave for destruction.

Skyscale looks fine to me.
    Just wish there was a skin with foward-curved horns.

On a side note:
    It looks like a fusion between a Welsh Dragon and perhaps a Romanian Dragon.

Welsh:
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d7/Welsh_Dragon_(Y_Ddraig_Goch).svg/1200px-Welsh_Dragon_(Y_Ddraig_Goch).svg.png

Romanian:
    https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-a2e830236e0f2ddf09faf72d00b5d121

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:

I don't think its a geographical thing. google Chinese dragons, American dragons ( I think Game of thrones is American?), whichever dragons you can google and they all have long faces.

My point was while theres a ton of artwork with the standard dragon theres also tons without those features. the term"dragon" has evolved to be just any great lizard(or in some cases amphibians? seen some weird ones.). Some of the ones in monster hunter are skyscale like too. Im not against getting some more "standard" looking dragon appearances for the skyscale, but having a dragon look different from the norm is actually nice.

Never liked the head/face of the skyscale, really. Didn't much like Aurene either and everyone was saying that she was so cute.

Very.
    Casual.

• hash.8462hash.8462 Member ✭✭✭

I want a winged monkey :)

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jables.4659 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    Maximum negativity.

The one that shoots rainbows and unicorns

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Jables.4659 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    Maximum negativity.

Yep, that's the Gen 1 legendary short bow (The Dreamer). The longbow is Kudzu, which looks like green flowering vines and fires glowing yellow arrows.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Jables.4659 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    Maximum negativity.

See, combine that with Quip and ..., love it....

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Jables.4659 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    Maximum negativity.

Yep, that's the Gen 1 legendary short bow (The Dreamer). The longbow is Kudzu, which looks like green flowering vines and fires glowing yellow arrows.

I would sooo rather have the unicorns and rainbows than the flowery stuff.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Give me a true wyvern like matriarch/patriarch at VB

• Ultramex.1506Ultramex.1506 Member ✭✭✭

Unicorn/Pegasus are overrated, overused and stale "ironic" jokes! Let's be more creative yea?

• Irbis.4932Irbis.4932 Member ✭✭✭

@Lascax.2163 said:
    I have bad news for you, OP.

Let me guess...the bad news for OP is that the skin is for griffon? ;)

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jables.4659 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    Maximum negativity.

They both are!!!!!!!!

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dahkeus.8243 said:
    It's as if OP's prayers were answered from the "Twist My Wish"/"Evil Genie" game:

That looks really bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so maybe the OP was someone who knew that this was going to be released and tried to gin up interest by posting on the forums. Then, we got ... whatever that thing is.

Or, it's another example of needing to be careful what you wish for.

Very.
    Casual.