Forum level

Hello! First off: I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but....

Is there anywhere we can see a list of the forum Levels attainable, and requirements to reach them? Because right now I'm wondering if I need to "spam-post" in different threads to Level up, but if being around for 2 weeks is enough to gain one level then it'll be less of an issue (most likely). Especially now everything is new and people want to get more forum permissions...

"Because right now I'm wondering if I need to "spam-post" in different threads to Level up"

And this why I don't like forums having levels or ranks. I really hope that whatever rank system is being used here doesn't go on amount of posts, or encourage people to post unnecessarily. Otherwise these forums will be flooded with spam posts and pointless replies to things by people trying to increase their rank.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:And this why I don't like forums having levels or ranks. I really hope that whatever rank system is being used here doesn't go on amount of posts, or encourage people to post unnecessarily. Otherwise these forums will be flooded with spam posts and pointless replies to things by people trying to increase their rank.Which is exactly why the rank system needs to be transparent. Both in what ranks are obtainable and in how to obtain different ranks. I probably won't care enough to go beyond "Member" if I can see a list of what the ranks do, but without a list like that I feel the "need" to level up because I just don't know if it will be useful or not... I'm sure others feel the same.

@Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489 said:

@killermanjaro.5670 said:And this why I don't like forums having levels or ranks. I really hope that whatever rank system is being used here doesn't go on amount of posts, or encourage people to post unnecessarily. Otherwise these forums will be flooded with spam posts and pointless replies to things by people trying to increase their rank.Which is exactly why the rank system needs to be transparent. Both in what ranks are obtainable and in how to obtain different ranks. I probably won't care enough to go beyond "Member" if I can see a list of what the ranks do, but without a list like that I feel the "need" to level up because I just don't know if it will be useful or not... I'm sure others feel the same.

Which is exactly why the forum shouldn't have a rank system. What is needed is substantive posts The last thing needed is people posting just to level up their ranks.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Which is exactly why the forum shouldn't have a rank system. What is needed is substantive posts The last thing needed is people posting just to level up their ranks.You are of course right in this regard, it would be way better without it. But it is what it is and I think with the system in place having it transparent would at least help.

@Earix.5684 said:Farming topics will soon pop all around the forum #inb4"Helpful badge farming topic, post here""Master of Thumbs Up achievement farm, post here"Yeah, you earned a thumbs up for that one :p

Care to tell how having a different "forum title" is useful?

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Which is exactly why the forum
shouldn't
have a rank system. What is needed is substantive posts The last thing needed is people posting just to level up their ranks.You are of course right in this regard, it would be way better without it. But it is what it is and I think with the system in place having it transparent would at least help.

As another forum poster said in a different thread about the forum

Locking forum functionalities behind badges only encourages artificial behavior in order to farm more badges and unlock said features. The main goal of the forum should be discussion, not achievement farming and spamming to get points.

Posting to rank up is artificial posting and spamming. It's not desirable behavior. Asking for a way to see the rules so that you can do this is asking for something that is detrimental to the purpose of the forum. Sometimes it's best to realize that that something isn't good for the community and you should refrain from doing it.

Be careful what you ask for. ANet might give it to you.

I'm with Killermanjaro on this. Competitive forum posting should have been buried long ago.

They've kept it vague...but there seems to be a time component as well as being a contributing member.

So everyone will stay a recruit until after the initial timer expires. There may be timers on higher ranks as well. Hopefully, the first rank up is no more than a week or two. A month would seem excessive just to have a forum signature and better editing privileges.

I just want a forum rank / title says Its Over 9000!!! and I'll die happy. All joking aside if you plan on spamming forums for simple post count you could be banned for spam. If you are in life and death need to level that post count then simply just have active conversations with the topics in the forums tons of ones to simply share your input even a topic like this.

I agree that it would be helpful to know what functions are locked behind ranks (even especially if the answer is none except the longer edit window).

I also agree that it's not worth worrying about what your rank is (or anyone elses) or how to increase it. It will happen sooner or later, and no one will care when it does because it's entirely arbitrary. Even thinks like the count of Thumbs Up vs. Thumbs Down just shows you mostly post with/against popular opinion - it doesn't show any of those posts contribute meaningfully to the discussion, which is what really counts.

I know from past experience with other forums you could have the highest post count on the board, all the badges going, a custom title granted by an admin and whatever else and people can still think you're an idiot who spams nonsense if the content of your posts is nonsense.

Archived