A shout out to the sound guys/gals — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

A shout out to the sound guys/gals

The sounds in this game are amazing and I think some of it just goes so unappreciated because if you don't have headphones you really miss just the LITTLE sounds. Like recently I got the white raven for 40 cobs at halloween, and the sounds it does when it idles are amazing and varied and have a haunting echo sound to them!

Also whoever the composer is that did the music for the Dragon Fall meta... amazing! It's actually a very tempo-etic song and starts go slow and has some really great music!

Comments

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm still hearing screams in the background from Halloween, go figure...

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• @Loosmaster.8263 said:
    I'm still hearing screams in the background from Halloween...

That's just salty competitive players venting.

The Commander will end you.

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

I enjoy the weapon impact sounds. Simple but amazing. The sound team does a great job!

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• Rogue.8235Rogue.8235 Member ✭✭✭

@Super Hayes.6890 said:
    I enjoy the weapon impact sounds. Simple but amazing. The sound team does a great job!

That feedback is one thing that allows me to play blind. I can always tell when I'm hitting something, when I'm missing, and critical hits.

I have a great appreciation for the sound in this game. There's a lot of detail put in and there's so much that can help me play the game. I want to get better headphones to see if there's differences in reverberation in the environment. sometimes I think there is but not sure if I'm imagining it. If there is reverb differences, that helps with navigation.

"The ancient Oracle said I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing." -Socrates
    "Victorious warriors win first, then go to war. Defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."-Sun Tzu