If you think this is funny to you is not for most of us

Kaburro.4712

1- Not saying player is hacking, most probably he spent time finding the better build to make other team spend time (or is a hack, have no idea, I dont play thief as you know).2 -And no! I cant open a ticket cos you know your support system only say to report or open tickets about verbal abuse.3 - And most probably this is a viable build (have no idea and dont care)

Dont mind my gameplay because I was just trying to track this user [Xiao Venom].

After 7 year you have no balance whatsoever! And allow this kind of player do this %&$# and even lose! (Yes bescause this are not the 2 first matches I found him)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of agree it isn't fun and can seem OP, but this goes especially for other classes. All( ?) necro builds, many weavers, some warrior builds - they have problems with a perma stealth DE.

With DH, you have two options:a) If you see him going into stealth and you have aegis up, prepare a dodge or F3. Shield block helps too of course.Yes, you have to wait and can not start having the initiative, but you can easily get it after avoiding his burst Use Spea of Justice, you can try to fake cast it. If it doesnt land, run around LoSing until it's back up again.b) If you can catch him by surprise - you did that once and opened with S2 -, immediately use Spear of Justice. It reveals, it's pull works against stealthed and even dodging (!) targets.

The rest is basically the same: Once you have speared him, pull him immediately into your trap and follow with a knockback or S2/Smite condition combo. Many are already dead then, if not, he will probably port away with Shadowstep. You can watch his teleport back or LoS then, depending on your CDs. Judge's Interruption also works wonders.

So while I agree it is a rather dumb fight - you often have to wait for him to do the first move, he can hide somewhere until you leave and decap again or anything -, but you should have few problems with DH. Rifle DE is very situational.

@Kaburro.4712 said:

@Lyndina.7984 said:Wait...this is Gold Gameplay on US Servers? European players would stomp you instantly...

As I said I was not really playing, I was just curious to see how this guy is allowed to play like this.But yes, I am in Gold 1.

It's not your fault. Some kids think only plat and above should have a say. They forget that they're a minority after all.

The level of play seen in these videos is so poor that it's almost not worth commenting on. I just wanted to drop this comment to say while yes, there are OP builds, you didn't do anything to counter the person who you're so annoyed by.

Random dodging, no camera awareness, not utilizing skills, I mean these are basics.

And to the people who say "even bads have a voice" yeah they do, but they shouldn't make balance decisions on people who don't know how to map the "about face" key.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Lyndina.7984 said:Wait...this is Gold Gameplay on US Servers? European players would stomp you instantly...

As I said I was not really playing, I was just curious to see how this guy is allowed to play like this.But yes, I am in Gold 1.

It's not your fault. Some kids think only plat and above should have a say. They forget that they're a minority after all.

Well, balance should be done according to the competitive gameplay, or in this case at least mid/high tier platinum. Balance should not be done according to what the average jack thinks. This goes for every game with a competitive PvP kind of game mode.Because otherwise, balance would happen with posts like this in mind, where - obviously - the OP does not know how to play against DE as a DH. Balancing the game with these kind of posts/suggestions/ideas/complaints would literally ruin the game. Period.

@DesiRe.1348 said:

Well, balance
should
be done according to the competitive gameplay, or in this case at least mid/high tier platinum. Balance
should
not
be done according to what the average jack thinks. This goes for
every
game with a competitive PvP kind of game mode.Because otherwise, balance would happen with posts like this in mind, where - obviously - the OP does not know how to play against DE as a DH. Balancing the game with these kind of posts/suggestions/ideas/complaints would literally ruin the game. Period.

balance should be according to math not player skills that abuse broken game mechanics

@mindcircus.1506 said:I think every balance complaint should have a video like this one attached.Your clips show your problem is a skill issue, not a problem with Anet's balance.I suspect most balance complaints are the same.

Makes you wonder how many balance decisions were based on complaints like this. The amount of dumbing down this game has undergone is depressing.

This is clearly a 'learn to play' issue.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Well, balance
should
be done according to the competitive gameplay, or in this case at least mid/high tier platinum. Balance
should
not
every
game with a competitive PvP kind of game mode.Because otherwise, balance would happen with posts like this in mind, where - obviously - the OP does not know how to play against DE as a DH. Balancing the game with these kind of posts/suggestions/ideas/complaints would literally ruin the game. Period.

balance should be according to math not player skills that abuse broken game mechanics

That's ridiculous. You can't balance after theoretical numeric values. You have only one option for proper balancing: Consider what the best people playing the game mode have to say. Consider how they play, what is too good or too bad for those players. Too many games ruin themselves with improper balancing, because they listen to what the majority has to say or balance according to some numbers only. It doesn't work that way.

@DesiRe.1348 said:

@"Lyndina.7984" said:Wait...this is Gold Gameplay on US Servers? European players would stomp you instantly...

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

That's ridiculous. You can't balance after theoretical numeric values. You have only one option for proper balancing: Consider what the best people playing the game mode have to say. Consider how they play, what is too good or too bad for
those
players. Too many games ruin themselves with improper balancing, because they listen to what the majority has to say or balance according to some numbers only. It doesn't work that way.

are u sure? lets pick

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Delayed_Reactionsandhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stoic_Demeanor

chrono that is supposed to slow people3s slow with 3s cd on disablefb3s slow plus burning on disable

now, can crit, on dodge roll, unblocablehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reckless_ImpactDamage: 398 (1.5)Number of targets.png Number of Targets: 5UnblockableMight (5s)

you don't need to play the game to know that something is unbalanced

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@"Lyndina.7984" said:Wait...this is Gold Gameplay on US Servers? European players would stomp you instantly...

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

That's ridiculous. You can't balance after theoretical numeric values. You have only one option for proper balancing: Consider what the best people playing the game mode have to say. Consider how they play, what is too good or too bad for
those
players. Too many games ruin themselves with improper balancing, because they listen to what the majority has to say or balance according to some numbers only. It doesn't work that way.

are u sure? lets pick

and

chrono that is supposed to slow people3s slow with 3s cd on disablefb3s slow
plus burning
on disable

now, can crit, on dodge roll, unblocable
Damage: 398
(1.5)
Number of targets.png Number of Targets: 5UnblockableMight (5s)

The end result of your logic is for all classes to have exactly the same skills and traits.

What an exciting game that would be :/

Its absolutely fine for some classes to do some things better than others. As long as they are also weaker in other areas.

You can't do a 1:1 comparison between individual skills or traits. You have to consider the performance of a class/build overall.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

The end result of your logic is for all classes to have exactly the same skills and traits.

Its absolutely fine for some classes to do some things better than others. As long as they are also weaker in other areas.

You can't do a 1:1 comparison between individual skills or traits. You have to consider the performance of a class/build overall.

Dont worry even if everything was exactly the same these people would find something else to blame it on.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

oh yes i can, lets say anet give a skill that hit 30k for warriors, but some very skilled players can dodge it sometimes but low skilled can never evade it, so the skill is balanced just because someone can evade it?

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

If you are serious about this, I feel very sad for you. You're looking at an instanced case, which you can't do (and you should know that). You always have to consider the whole picture, not just bits of it that comply to your thesis. For example, you are comparing an Adept trait with a Grandmaster trait. Obviously both will have different levels of strengths (for a good reason).

@bluri.2653 said:

Well, balance
should
should
not
every

those

are u sure? lets pick

and

plus burning
on disable

(1.5)

Dont worry even if everything was exactly the same these people would find something else to blame it on.

To be honest, the more I look through these forums, the more concerned I am about the game, and the sadder I get. People are legit stupid and too shortsighted, and it results in themselves destroying their game without even realizing it. Every subpar below-average jack thinks they drank wisdom with spoons and only they know how to fix the game (PvE, WvW, PvP, Raids/FotM..) and everyone who doesn't agree with them is biased, delusional or mean. Hurray!