Have fun with this condi spamming & cheese meta

Itz Jay.8941

@"Itz Jay.8941" said:Honestly I have no idea how you can enjoy playing this game anymore. You play for 1 hour just to get one semi close game. With the game in it's current state and the controversies surrounding build templates, I'm off.

Im having fun and im having constant close games, and most of the oponents are power builds. For some reason people think its "cheese meta" when 30%-40% of players play condi, how about constant cheese power meta? warrior/holo every game, tfu.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Itz Jay.8941" said:Honestly I have no idea how you can enjoy playing this game anymore. You play for 1 hour just to get one semi close game. With the game in it's current state and the controversies surrounding build templates, I'm off.

Im having fun and im having constant close games, and most of the oponents are power builds. For some reason people think its "cheese meta" when 30%-40% of players play condi, how about constant cheese power meta? warrior/holo every game, tfu.

Power is not cheese. You need to work for it. Condi builds are cheese in general. Big difference.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Oh, you're gonna see the difference between the two real fast when this next patch drops.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

By cheese I meant power as well.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Oh, you're gonna see the difference between the two
real fast
when this next patch drops.

I can't wait.

The op isn't wrong tho but its definitely just not thieves and condi mirages fault. U literally spend most of the match clearing condi's continually because of the two mentioned but also weavers,fb, guards,scourges,necrosis and even condi rangers are coming out of the woodworks. The pvp is strait up garbage right now because it's all condi spam from almost every spec. U clear condi's and immediately ur back on fire,poisoned,feared etc it's silly. The devs really need to take a real hard look at the condi mess going on right now. I've talked to quite a few people that are in game that came back to try pvp again cuz the new balance team has brought them hope but they games gonna lose them again if they dont make changes soon. We all know how broken rampage is right? Well to give u an idea how rediculous condi's are right now I constantly get stripped to down in sec while in rampage due to it locking out my clears and I die often from condi's before the rampage wears off and that's with all the damage reduction u get while in rampage lol.

I run condi thief even tho I dislike it cuz trying to run power against a condi guard/weaver/tempest/scourge etc etc is a losing battle 100% because condi's in this game burst as fast as power and keep dot dps as if ur sitting there getting free slashes o a power build lol its ridiculous. Even on builds like warrior ur hp in at 1/4 in 2 sec flat,u clear and than immediately get another condi burst repeat and rinse.Condi wars 2

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:I run condi thief even tho I dislike it cuz trying to run power against a condi guard/weaver/tempest/scourge etc etc is a losing battle 100% because condi's in this game burst as fast as power and keep dot dps as if ur sitting there getting free slashes o a power build lol its ridiculous. Even on builds like warrior ur hp in at 1/4 in 2 sec flat,u clear and than immediately get another condi burst repeat and rinse.Condi wars 2

If thief looses the Condition Removal from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Escapist%27s_Fortitude(So he can Counter meele classes with evades/dodges , but has a weakness VS condtions , just like a normal Rogue from other MMOS)The 3rd button from Sword (teleport-immobilize-removed 1 condtion) , you can keep

And the Boon Removal from the Sword 2 is removed (Boon removal is a Mesmer + Necro theme spell)

You can gut/nerf every condition to oblivion :PHell ... you can gut even more the Enginner's survibility , by removing https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protection_Injection .

(atleast bring back the old flame thrower 2-shoot straight line-miss/goes into ground if you slightly aim the camera down :(Yeah core enginner need more Burn , to be onpar with core Gaurdian , but the 0.5 cast ... or the lack of getting increased damage from Rampage Amulet...or the main probelm , that you cannot Cast>Jump so the ball goes over Captured Point fences...)

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:I run condi thief even tho I dislike it cuz trying to run power against a condi guard/weaver/tempest/scourge etc etc is a losing battle 100% because condi's in this game burst as fast as power and keep dot dps as if ur sitting there getting free slashes o a power build lol its ridiculous. Even on builds like warrior ur hp in at 1/4 in 2 sec flat,u clear and than immediately get another condi burst repeat and rinse.Condi wars 2

If thief looses the Condition Removal from
(So he can Counter meele classes with evades/dodges , but has a weakness VS condtions , just like a normal Rogue from other MMOS)The 3rd button from Sword (teleport-immobilize-removed 1 condtion) , you can keep

The Boon Removal from the Sword 2 is removed (Boon removal is a Mesmer + Necro theme spell)

You can gut/nerf every condition to oblivion :PHell ... you can gut even more the Enginner's survibility :P

Lol EF is a decent at best condi cleanse that con not be relied on as a main source of cleansing, anyone who actually plays thief and doesnt just speculate how good a skill looks by reading the tooltip would know. It's just a nice addition to clears already implemented such as trick trait or sig of agility. Doing a dodge doesnt remove a condition u actually have to successfully evade a attack to proc the cleanse and if we want to talk about making thief like other rogues in other mmo's than we should actually talk about its burst potential being adjusted so it's actually near the top of the pile like in most mmo's unlike in gw2 where was more sustain builds like spellbreaker, holo etc etc actually can match or if not out burst this games pathetic rogue version lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I run condi thief even tho I dislike it cuz trying to run power against a condi guard/weaver/tempest/scourge etc etc is a losing battle 100% because condi's in this game burst as fast as power and keep dot dps as if ur sitting there getting free slashes o a power build lol its ridiculous. Even on builds like warrior ur hp in at 1/4 in 2 sec flat,u clear and than immediately get another condi burst repeat and rinse.Condi wars 2

(So he can Counter meele classes with evades/dodges , but has a weakness VS condtions , just like a normal Rogue from other MMOS)The 3rd button from Sword (teleport-immobilize-removed 1 condtion) , you can keep

The Boon Removal from the Sword 2 is removed (Boon removal is a Mesmer + Necro theme spell)

You can gut/nerf every condition to oblivion :PHell ... you can gut even more the Enginner's survibility :P

Lol EF is a decent at best condi cleanse that con not be relied on as a main source of cleansing, anyone who actually plays thief and doesnt just speculate how good a skill looks by reading the tooltip. Doing a dodge doesnt remove a condition u actually have to successfully evade a attack to proc the cleanse and if we want to talk about making thief like other rogues in other mmo's than we should actually talk about its burst potential being adjusted so it's actually near the top of the pile like in most mmo's unlike in gw2 where was more sustain builds like spellbreaker, holo etc etc actually can match or if not out burst this games pathetic rogue version lol

Yeah that why are speaking about rogue (do Ambush -high damage once only .... even 2 , if they use Vanish (5 min cd couldount) , and then they use Dodge (passivly increase their dodge by 50% for 15 sec)And we are not talking about assasin

If thief is a assasin , remove all evades + self healing+ Conditon removal+ Block Penetration+ Cannot restealth if he got condition , and increase Backstab to do 10k damage :P

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Ysmir.4986" said:Cheese is something that’s low effort / risk and high reward. Plenty builds / mechanics in the game like that. And they are for middle aged cat ladies so they can feel powerful and special too.

And we know there are a lot of these in gw2.

f7FdEdG.jpg

Yeah he is but unfortunately the cheese is not only spread thru most spec it's also what players run the most so u either run cheese yourself and add to the decline of the game or dont and frustrate yourself playing and most don't play games to be frustrated lol

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I run condi thief even tho I dislike it cuz trying to run power against a condi guard/weaver/tempest/scourge etc etc is a losing battle 100% because condi's in this game burst as fast as power and keep dot dps as if ur sitting there getting free slashes o a power build lol its ridiculous. Even on builds like warrior ur hp in at 1/4 in 2 sec flat,u clear and than immediately get another condi burst repeat and rinse.Condi wars 2

Lol EF is a decent at best condi cleanse that con not be relied on as a main source of cleansing, anyone who actually plays thief and doesnt just speculate how good a skill looks by reading the tooltip. Doing a dodge doesnt remove a condition u actually have to successfully evade a attack to proc the cleanse and if we want to talk about making thief like other rogues in other mmo's than we should actually talk about its burst potential being adjusted so it's actually near the top of the pile like in most mmo's unlike in gw2 where was more sustain builds like spellbreaker, holo etc etc actually can match or if not out burst this games pathetic rogue version lol

Yeah that why are speaking about rogue (do Ambush -high damage once only .... even 2 , if they use Vanish (5 min cd couldount) , and then they use Dodge (passivly increase their dodge by 50% for 15 sec)And we are not talking about assasin

If thief is a assasin , remove all evades + self healing+ Conditon removal+ Block Penetration+ Cannot restealth if he got condition , and increase Backstab to do 10k damage :P

Lol Imagine the salt. Alot Gw2 players dont get the rogue hitting hard but having to hit and run that most rogues are as u must have noticed that the number one and two complaints against thieves in this game is getting burst from stealth and being able to disengage. So the ideal change that the community wants is a low burst rogue that can't run away. Definitely sounds like a rogue class thief lovers would enjoy playing lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lol Imagine the salt. Alot Gw2 players dont get the rogue hitting hard but having to hit and run that most rogues are as u must have noticed that the number one and two complaints against thieves in this game is getting burst from stealth and being able to disengage. So the ideal change that the community wants is a low burst rogue that can't run away. Definitely sounds like a rogue class thief lovers would enjoy playing lol

Sometimes you shown some sighs of change of heart , and some times you simply roll back :)Dont worry , its typical , trust me i have seen the same pattern .When Condition is reduced , you will rellaps in the same pattern .

Sword/xxx is not an Assasin Weapon , Its a Rogue (Survival) Weapon , so where lack of damage is coming off ?

I said remove : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Escapist%27s_Fortitude (only the condition removal) + https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Larcenous_Strike (boon remeoval part)And i will remove https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protection_Injection + https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invigorating_Speed

You will beat my Condition Ebginner , that will have less pressure power , but more tools to escape . But you will loose from Necto +Mesmer+ Guardians)

You can ask the devs to tranfair , some damage from the auto attack to Sword 2 , if you need more burst .

(btw , mister ele , do all classes need movement speed in pvp, or we cannot change spells out of combat , or some cost-currency that is passivly handed to us allow us to to choose Swiftness or Fury , or 8x might , or Poison on the 3rd attack , till we die?Or capturing the Npcs , increase the duration/damage by 200% for your team and 100% for the opponent , in the same time ?)

-ensure your build has adequate access to condi cleanse-use it sparingly/intelligently if you don't have as much as you should-utilize blocks/evades/positioning & movement to avoid condi dmg the same way you would vs power dmg-put enough pressure on your opponent so that they can't just continually pump out condis and have to heal or move, etc\-know how to counter condi builds ... know how to counter ALL builds ... improve your gameplay

Honestly I don't get it, it used to be so much worse, how are people still complaining about condi in q4 2019

you do not need your hand heldlearn to counter itI can't even remember the last time I died to a condi mesmer 1v1, they are so predictable and weak now