PvP herald tips

Temper.2190

I've been playing herald in ranked solo queue recently, and have some questions for more experienced rev mains. I've mostly been playing meta herald, but I do switch to Shao's condi herald some, especially if I'm up against mesmers or condi thieves.

1. I feel a bit clueless about the herald F2. I double tap it sometimes in Shiro, but otherwise I forget about it. When do you use the f2 while in Glint? In Shiro?

2. What about using the f2 as a condi herald? I tend to ignore it in Mallyx, as I use my energy mostly to channel the elite and cast weapon shills to increase the torment spam. Should I be using it in team fights when the other team has some condi pressure?

3. I tend to play the condi herald as a team fighter, sticking mostly to mid fights, or big engagements. The condi herald build feels fairly solid as a duelist, but it seems to me to be best in team fights. Is this right?

4. As a power Shiro/Glint rev, I struggle a lot with condi mesmers and condi thieves, to the point where I've just started disengaging and trying to out rotate mesmers. Thieves are harder to out rotate. I've realized I'm not utilizing my leadership runes to cleanse enough, but what other tips does anyone have for dealing with condi thieves and mirages?

5. As a power rev, I don't really think about big multi skill combos. The biggest combo I use regularly is Shiro heal - phase traversal - sword 4/5. I don't run brutality, but it seems it could be used to setup some big wombo-combos. Are there any important combos I'm missing?

6. Any other tips? I'm mid-gold right now, so I still have a lot to learn.

@Temper.2190 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:For your point #2 you should pretty much be using F2 while in Mallyx as a condi transfer. Really helps win fights if you time it right

Do you tend to keep it up pretty constantly when in Mallyx and under some condition pressure, then? Or wait and turn it on when you see a damaging condition applied?

The passive effect is a condi pull from allies (so not always useful) so I tend to just double tap it for the active effect when I need the transfer. How I use it also depends on if it’s a condi class or not that I’m fighting. If it’s power for example I’ll use it to get rid of annoying condis like slow/immob/etc., but if it’s a condi class then I’ll try to wait to have a several damaging stacks on me before transferring it. Combined with pulsating pestilence you can ditch a ton of condis and reapply them to your enemy. I’ve killed so many mirages and other condi heavy classes this way

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:For your point #2 you should pretty much be using F2 while in Mallyx as a condi transfer. Really helps win fights if you time it right

Do you tend to keep it up pretty constantly when in Mallyx and under some condition pressure, then? Or wait and turn it on when you see a damaging condition applied?

The passive effect is a condi pull from allies (so not always useful) so I tend to just double tap it for the active effect when I need the transfer. How I use it also depends on if it’s a condi class or not that I’m fighting. If it’s power for example I’ll use it to get rid of annoying condis like slow/immob/etc., but if it’s a condi class then I’ll try to wait to have a several damaging stacks on me before transferring it. Combined with pulsating pestilence you can ditch a ton of condis and reapply them to your enemy. I’ve killed so many mirages and other condi heavy classes this way

Thanks. This was very helpful.

Ive played power rev a bit, but not condi. Your shiro f2 is a very powerful unblockable boon rip and should be used to set up cc when targets have stab, or to strip important boons like quickness on warriors or holos. It also does a fair bit of damage and can be used to finish off low hp targets that are blocking, but its best used for the boon rip. I wouldnt use f2 in glint that much, unless you have quickness or some other important boon for the moment.

Condi mirage and condi thief are hard counters to the meta power shiro build. Even if you play perfectly in a duel, they can still kill you. Its best to try and rotate around them, and only fight them in +1 situations or teamfights with a support who can cleanse you.

The big combos with rev are cc with staff or glint elite, then burst with sword/burst of strength or impossible odds (dont leave impossible odds on after the burst). Most of the time you will be using phase traversal or deathstrike to jump on an unsuspecting target, or one with skills on cd. Try to focus a target with your team instead of picking on someone by yourself.

The best way to improve in pvp is to learn when and where to rotate. As a rev, you should be helping win side node fights quickly as a +1, and focus high priority targets in teamfights.

• Thanks 1

@"Temper.2190" said:

1. I tend to play the condi herald as a team fighter, sticking mostly to mid fights, or big engagements. The condi herald build feels fairly solid as a duelist, but it seems to me to be best in team fights. Is this right?

Mallyx's strength is 90% about point control, so ya, sticking to team fights is where it will be most effective... Although it still gets super shut down in this regard by FB/Scourge duo's. If you're getting out point-pressured tho, it's not super hopeless, you can still just spam Banish on whatever the called focus target is to ensure the kill.