PvP match ready pop up is obtrusive!

Hot Boy.7138

Yes, we need an alert when the pvp match is ready, but it shouldn't be a big box in the middle of the screen. While we are waiting for matches, we are participating in the free for all arena, doing hearts in the world map, gathering, buying and selling, completing dynamic events, the list goes on. I try to keep on fighting when it pops by hiding the UI, but then I can't see my skill cds or health bar. Please find a better way to alert us that the match is ready, and a less obtrusive way for us to vote on a map.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:Yes, we need an alert when the pvp match is ready, but it shouldn't be a big box in the middle of the screen. While we are waiting for matches, we are participating in the free for all arena, doing hearts in the world map, gathering, buying and selling, completing dynamic events, the list goes on. I try to keep on fighting when it pops by hiding the UI, but then I can't see my skill cds or health bar. Please find a better way to alert us that the match is ready, and a less obtrusive way for us to vote on a map.

Everything about the UI is not great.

Would it be possible for the PVP icon to light up in red or attain a notifier icon with accompanying sound when the match is ready? This is currently how receiving a new mail works. The notification would time out and go away if you didn't respond in time.

Not sure if the UI is something ArenaNet plans to tackle in one big quality of life release (like Chef 500, Wardobe, Dye System Rehaul, Novelties, etc.) or if they might be open to just tweaking it here and there, but if they're willing to change core weapon skills and traits to meet the changing nature of the game, the UI could use some love.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@"venom.7189" said:can anyone explain-me whi im dishonored in pvp for disconect?

The game doesn't know if you d/c'd raged quit or logged off intentionally to protect your teammate from rank loss

Trust me, the game "knows" the difference between a rage quit/log off or a DC.Unless you pull the plug, but even than.... there are ways to "know"

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@"phokus.8934" said:We have to wait until swiss gets implemented before seeing changes.

From BenP:

I definitely still hate that permanent window.

Hay um....Mr.Ben? Ummmm when can we hear an ETA or any news about Swiss release and automated tournys?At least a solid year in development now.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@"phokus.8934" said:We have to wait until swiss gets implemented before seeing changes.

From BenP:

Hay um....Mr.Ben? Ummmm when can we hear an ETA or any news about Swiss release and automated tournys?At least a solid year in development now.

Please keep this thread on topic

@Kaburro.4712 said:

@"venom.7189" said:can anyone explain-me whi im dishonored in pvp for disconect?

The game doesn't know if you d/c'd raged quit or logged off intentionally to protect your teammate from rank loss

Trust me, the game "knows" the difference between a rage quit/log off or a DC.Unless you pull the plug, but even than.... there are ways to "know"“Trust me...”

No one trusts you so can you substantiate this claim?

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

From BenP:

I feel like the simplest solution would be to make it so that when you have selected your map of choice, the map window shrinks itself and moves itself to the side of the screen. This way we can still view the map voting and selection process without it impeding our vision. Also, that thing that the ready check does where it just takes over control and all has got to go. It is annoying as hell to be typing to someone only to have that pop up and next thing you know you're opening the trading post, the guild window, the hero panel, just all sorts of chaos.

@phokus.8934 said:

The game doesn't know if you d/c'd raged quit or logged off intentionally to protect your teammate from rank loss2ndTrust me, the game "knows" the difference between a rage quit/log off or a DC.Unless you pull the plug, but even than.... there are ways to "know"“Trust me...”

No one trusts you so can you substantiate this claim?

Yes I can, everytime you log out you send and a packet to server "saying"you wanna quit the game"... (nice way to know you legged out)... everytime you pull the plug (unless you pull the plug on you router/modem)... ask Ben what happens cos is not the first time he put a trojan in game client to spy what 2nd party software you use... (Believe me he will say he never did but "once in internet will stay there forever" (I remember the patch))Man... I could talk to you all morning about TCP Packets & ACK... but why? (Pay attention that my first linguage is not english but I said "to" and not "with you")