Demolisher Stats

Virdo.1540

Would it be that bad of a idea to make those stats (like paladins, demolisher etc) be available for Legendary Equip? It would be a way to make legy stuff be an actual thing to make again , instead of the new "second" (3., 4.....) gear slot just with ascended. There is still no reason for legendary stuff, but those thats being there for it could change that.

You can replicate any PvP Amulet pretty closely with the right combination of stats. I've been using a "Demolisher" Reaper for quite some time now. Without runes and food my stats are extremely close to the Amulet, but because WvW offers more stats overall, it ends up being flat out better with all things added.

If you have the patience you can tinker with stats on GW2 Build Editor until you find what you want.

@"Virdo.1540" said:Would it be that bad of a idea to make those stats (like paladins, demolisher etc) be available for Legendary Equip? It would be a way to make legy stuff be an actual thing to make again , instead of the new "second" (3., 4.....) gear slot just with ascended. There is still no reason for legendary stuff, but those thats being there for it could change that.

People are generally against legendaries having a tangible advantage over ascended gear.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:You can replicate any PvP Amulet pretty closely with the right combination of stats. I've been using a "Demolisher" Reaper for quite some time now. Without runes and food my stats are extremely close to the Amulet, but because WvW offers more stats overall, it ends up being flat out better with all things added.

If you have the patience you can tinker with stats on GW2 Build Editor until you find what you want.

No, you dont.

There are 4 pve stat sets that have power, precision and ferocity and 3 of them are glass. The only thing close is maras which is a vita/toughness swap compared to demolisher.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:You can replicate any PvP Amulet pretty closely with the right combination of stats. I've been using a "Demolisher" Reaper for quite some time now. Without runes and food my stats are extremely close to the Amulet, but because WvW offers more stats overall, it ends up being flat out better with all things added.

No, you dont.

There are 4 pve stat sets that have power, precision and ferocity and 3 of them are glass. The only thing close is maras which is a vita/toughness swap compared to demolisher.

I'm sorry you have no sense of creativity. And apparently the inability to let go of past disagreements or you wouldn't be responding to me with snarky remarks all the time.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

No, you dont.

I'm sorry you have no sense of creativity. And apparently the inability to let go of past disagreements or you wouldn't be responding to me with snarky remarks all the time.

To be fair ive tried to get something like marauders with toughness instead of vitality, but you always lose some statpoints that you wouldnt lose if those stats existed.Also, there are basically no stats that have power as main stat and also provide toughness as secondary.

No, you dont.

I went to wiki and used their stat search function,you are not mimicking demolisher in pve.

No idea where you got snarky from, I was pretty matter of fact.

@Clownmug.8357 said:Toughness doesn't really do anything anyways so it's no big loss.That's just plain wrong. Paladin and demolisher are superior attribute combinations over marauder more than ever before, because classes got new health point sources like 10% health on runes. The toughness on these 2 attribute combinations is a direct damage reduction of ~25%, which is a direct 25% healing skill effectivity boost vs. direct damage encounters. Every single build that does use marauder gear today would get a huge viability boost.

If you have the patience you can tinker with stats on GW2 Build Editor until you find what you want.Demolisher:2173 power60% crit chance2600 armor192% crit damage

Berserker + Knights (the closest you can get to demolisher):2178 power50% crit chance2596 armor185% crit damage

That's 10% less crit chance and 7% less crit damage - overal you are dealing about 10 to 15% less damage. That's trivial as 4 stat gear offers more stats than 3 stat gear. 3 Stat gear is just better, when you want to min/max like in PvE where everything that counts is raw damage and nobody cares about a balanced offense and defense.

@RedShark.9548 said:

No, you dont.

To be fair ive tried to get something like marauders with toughness instead of vitality, but you always lose some statpoints that you wouldnt lose if those stats existed.Also, there are basically no stats that have power as main stat and also provide toughness as secondary.

Yeah pretty much,

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations

Those wiki people do some amazing work.

@"KrHome.1920" said:Demolisher:2173 power60% crit chance2600 armor192% crit damage

Berserker + Knights (the closest you can get to demolisher):2178 power50% crit chance2596 armor185% crit damage

That's 10% less crit chance and 7% less crit damage - overal you are dealing about 10 to 15% less damage. That's trivial as 4 stat gear offers more stats than 3 stat gear. 3 Stat gear is just better, when you want to min/max like in PvE where everything that counts is raw damage and nobody cares about a balanced offense and defense.

That is what I meant, yes. I doubt if you can replicate any PvP Amulet perfectly, but you can get pretty close, just as you've shown.

For comparison, this is my Reaper build without Runes, Sigils or Infusions

This is the same build in PvP with a Demolisher Amulet and Strength Runes.

The WvW version has slightly more Armor, Ferocity and Health and slightly less Critical Chance, but all the stats are pretty close. So much so, the Power is only off by 1. With runes it now has more stats than Demolisher in every category, but is still similar in spirit.

So like I said, you can replicate any PvP Amulet pretty closely, but in WvW it's probably going to wind up flat out better because of additional stats.

Always thought it was weird that we have yet to see the "toughness twin" of Marauders outside of PvP. Sounds like a perfect fit for roaming warriors or any high base HP pool classes in general.There are obviously some mixes which attempt to mimic four-stat-sets but those will always be slightly inferior. You face the same issue with Minstrels. Trying to mix them together with three-stat-sets will make you miss out on about 9-10% of overall stats as they do indeed provide a lesser number.The only reason why this was never a problem in PvE is because there you usually consider anything non-offensive to be a waste anyways. Pretty much Berserkers has been king since the start.

@"KrHome.1920" said:Demolisher:2173 power60% crit chance2600 armor192% crit damage

That is what I meant, yes. I doubt if you can replicate any PvP Amulet perfectly, but you can get pretty close, just as you've shown.

The WvW version has slightly more Armor, Ferocity and Health and slightly less Critical Chance, but all the stats are pretty close. So much so, the Power is only off by
it now has more stats than Demolisher in every category, but is still similar in spirit.

So like I said, you can replicate any PvP Amulet pretty closely, but in WvW it's probably going to wind up flat out better because of additional stats.

If I'm being honest the reason I'd want demolishers stats isn't because I can't replicate a demolishers amulet stats. It's because in WvW/PvE you can mix and match and demolishers being a 4 stat set gives you both an increase in overall stats (4 stat items have ~10% more stats than 3 stat armor) and increased flexibility in stat distribution.

@God.2708 said:

The WvW version has slightly more Armor, Ferocity and Health and slightly less Critical Chance, but all the stats are pretty close. So much so, the Power is only off by
it now has more stats than Demolisher in every category, but is still similar in spirit.

If I'm being honest the reason I'd want demolishers stats isn't because I can't replicate a demolishers amulet stats. It's because in WvW/PvE you can mix and match and demolishers being a 4 stat set gives you both an increase in overall stats (4 stat items have ~10% more stats than 3 stat armor) and increased flexibility in stat distribution.

True. And if that's what the OP is about, then I missed the point.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:More options is always good, and my warrior (mara/zerk/cavalier) and rev (diviner/zerk/knight/cavalier) would prob appreciate that. I feel like I'd have to use a lot of demolishers to get the same bonus I currently get from a few pieces of knights and cavalier though.

Demolishers provide more power than cavalier or knights and since they are 4stat you would end up with more statpoints overall

Why are demolisher stats so hyped in wvw? Anyways...

Demolisher stats are1050 power1050 precision560 toughness560 ferocity

You can rebuild these stats exactly with a mix of assasins, cavalier, berserker and some captains stat in wvw. And you will end up with those exact same stats plus additional power, plus the additional power from infusions.

Try zerker weapons. Cavalier breast and shoulders. Rest of gear assasins. Captains trinkets. Maybe one zerker ring. Et voila.

Should be pretty accurate.