Herald- Support Spec

Virdo.1540

Herald is meant to be one ,if not "THE" support spec in game. Tho its support is pretty crappy ,even way worse than Renegades or other classes ones. Giving boons that everyone generates for itself passive isnt really a thing. So i thought about something that would change anything regarding to "meta" or so, but something that would actually make the herald be a Supportive Thing.

My Idea:Making Draconic Fortitude (+10% health) an Aura, that-hits 5 people-stays 5 seconds (max 5sec)-with an Refresh-Cooldown of 5,5 Seconds.

Revenant was a great profession on paper. Yet it has no distinctive roles in the game, it only feels like a heavy armored thief with cool dialogues between toon and legends. On top of that it is the most buggy profession of all. Herald should not be "more" in my opinion, as it is nearly mandatory in all competitive aspects. Ventari and jalis are good candidates for the support role. So much can be done with rev, yet so little has been.

Speaking in terms of WvW: buffs that are going to buff power Heralds aren't buffs that really need to happen. This would do little for increasing a support Herald's appeal, but would just further the appeal of power Heralds. Power Revenants should get a buff to Renegade if anything to further incentivize taking them, but Herald is already sufficient. Support Herald needs a whole lot of work to ever compete with Firebrand, but this buff isn't one of them.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Speaking in terms of WvW: buffs that are going to buff power Heralds aren't buffs that really need to happen. This would do little for increasing a support Herald's appeal, but would just further the appeal of power Heralds. Power Revenants should get a buff to Renegade if anything to further incentivize taking them, but Herald is already sufficient. Support Herald needs a whole lot of work to ever compete with Firebrand, but this buff isn't one of them.

What u say is only for wvw . In PvE ,there is no reason to ever take a Herald. In pvp: renegade is an amazing bunker due to the Heavy heal, stun and incredible condi-reduction.

If looking at that, Renegade is a much better boon-giver and supporter due to 25might, alacrity, protection, Spirit Boon, Assassince presence and the hardcore Rene-elite, while Herald can give protection, Spirit Boon, Assassince presence, very little might ,Fury and crap boons like regen and swiftness

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:I don't think herald is The support spec.It is THE boonbot spec. But support is not just boons.I think Herald is a great boonbot and a good dmg spec.Maybe improve some heal capabilities but I don't like the proposed idea.

Ventari has direct heals not boons :P

Well ventari is not herold. Ventari is core rev.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:I don't think herald is The support spec.It is THE boonbot spec. But support is not just boons.I think Herald is a great boonbot and a good dmg spec.Maybe improve some heal capabilities but I don't like the proposed idea.

Herald alone cant be the healer OP wants :} u need always a core legend.Issue is the big heal on tablet aoe radios it is arround 220-260 by the momment reaches ally and delays the heal, ally is dead or already bailed out :PHerald passive regen and heals tends to be quite decent when used in pair with ventari traits.

The changes Anet made for the orbs was really awfull change to.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Herald alone cant be the healer OP wants :} u need always a core legend.Issue is the big heal on tablet aoe radios it is arround 220-260 by the momment reaches ally and delays the heal, ally is dead or already bailed out :PHerald passive regen and heals tends to be quite decent when used in pair with ventari traits.

I think tuning ventari would be more beneficial to improve the heralds support capabbilities and reduce the support of renegade and give it better utility options.

First I would remove the resummon skill from the tablet baseline and let the tablet resummon on your position when you trigger the elite and would change the elites energy consumption so it does not drain everything you have. This would give easy repositioning and better accessability.Second I would add a stunbreak on the cleanse skill just to give some better self sustain and then give some flavorful grandmasters that change tablet behaviour.

Like one binding the tablet to you but unable to heal on range and only PbAoE. Or one that let's you root your tablet with the upkeep to double its radius and affecting 10 ppl for more stationary support.And one that let's you gain energy through healing when in ventari stance to keep the heals rolling and the reflects up.

Herold itself is quite capable for boon support and it enhances other legends quite nicely. The crux lies on the cor elegends and the huge lifesteal renegade can provide.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:(snip)
Like one binding the tablet to you but unable to heal on range and only PbAoE. Or one that let's you root your tablet with the upkeep to double its radius and affecting 10 ppl for more stationary support.
And one that let's you gain energy through healing when in ventari stance to keep the heals rolling and the reflects up.

Herold itself is quite capable for boon support and it enhances other legends quite nicely. The crux lies on the cor elegends and the huge lifesteal renegade can provide.

Elite could work arround that (tablet is also hard to notice on combat Ç_Ç), anet could work on a big ghost tree animation lol for the elite, i would not mind the elite rooting the tablet with the -6/-7 upkeep, the elite could giving healing pulses with something based on protective spirit from gw1, each ally healed would restore 1 energy(maybe).

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Protective_Spirit

Alternatively, Elite upkeep could cost just -1, and be something like this, every hit would cost 3 energy on the revenant, this would be somewhat balanced(compared to the current powercreep that is possible to achieve) cause rev needs to max out the energy to have it decently castedhttps://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Protective_Bond

Gw2 need protective spirit could be a way to balance out the power creep, dont make it a boon but something that lasts X seconds and thats it(wich is the issue of the combat everything is boon and condi and its easy to overstack both).

The orbs mechanics and the elite from Ventari are awfull ._. rev can be a orbmaster(lots of orbs everywhere constant) yet that thing is freeeaking useless.

But knowing Anet... :\

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

well Support is not only about healing , nor only about boon giving

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Speaking in terms of WvW: buffs that are going to buff power Heralds aren't buffs that really need to happen. This would do little for increasing a support Herald's appeal, but would just further the appeal of power Heralds. Power Revenants should get a buff to Renegade if anything to further incentivize taking them, but Herald is already sufficient. Support Herald needs a whole lot of work to ever compete with Firebrand, but this buff isn't one of them.

In terms of pve: Buffs to renegade is one of the last things that should happen ,due to its superior abilities. Amazing Support, boons, Condi & Power damage and healing. All better than heralds.

@Virdo.1540 said:

In terms of pve: Buffs to renegade is one of the last things that should happen ,due to its superior abilities. Amazing Support, boons, Condi & Power damage and healing. All better than heralds.

Herald can heal passively with regen to 10 players very close to 1.2k hp per sec for each affected ally with just 1 upkeep passive, if we count everything rev has a whole herald it’s quite decent.Wich other classes can offer perma regen like this to 10 players???

Herald imo is more suited for support offense than being used has an full offense option, since that will come in future for a better dedicated melee/phisical elite legend.

Herald/ventari or jalis are already a amazing builds for the c class, it’s has some issues but imo they are OKish since it heals a ton, and jalis has a perna 10 man damage reducer with herald f2, jalis elite its a beast reason it’s expensive.

Shiro needs a decent elite legend to be paired with, but that is another story.

Renegade, it’s a beast even with bow, marshal, plaguedoctors, or even the pveish alacrigade whatever is called are decent setups.

Being herald or renegade they only need very very little QoL changes on some skill/trait.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Herald can heal passively with regen to 10 players very close to 1.2k hp per sec for each affected ally with just 1 upkeep passive, if we count everything rev has a whole herald it’s quite decent.Wich other classes can offer perma regen like this to 10 players???

Herald imo is more suited for support offense than being used has an full offense option, since that will come in future for a better dedicated melee/phisical elite legend.

Herald/ventari or jalis are already a amazing builds for the c class, it’s has some issues but imo they are OKish since it heals a ton, and jalis has a perna 10 man damage reducer with herald f2, jalis elite its a beast reason it’s expensive.

Renegade, it’s a beast even with bow, marshal, plaguedoctors, or even the pveish alacrigade whatever is called are decent setups.

Being herald or renegade they only need very very little QoL changes on some skill/trait.

I take healing scrapper engineer over Herald Revenant for major burst heals, boons and condition removal along side projectile blocks, water fields, and so much more.

Both > @Knighthonor.4061 said:

I take healing scrapper engineer over Herald Revenant for major burst heals, boons and condition removal along side projectile blocks, water fields, and so much more.

Both have its place, what u have to do is combine them since they sinergize quite decently, for a decent bunker support build Ob scrapper u have to go on minstrel, on rev u can even go on zealots stats or even pleb clerics, ur job isn’t much of a slave.

Usually best heal and regen defense goes from having fb herald scrapper, for the herald u can have a jalis and a ventari, big 10k heals bomb every 3 sec, and superb passive healing over time, herald will use the condi cleanse to remove leftovers if needed, shield, staff, F2, and tablet has condi removers, question is I won’t be removing some since ur party can lack some boons and scrapper can grab some condis into boons ur party doesn’t have.

I don't wat to be a hater, but what would this accomplish?

Revenant already has the highest pure healing output of any class... Keeping people alive is not a problem. In order to be viable within the current state of the game, it would need to bring either some sought after Offensive buff (which it kind of does in the form of Alacrity, but Ren does this better) or in some insanely OP utility like heal Scourge/Tempest's power rez'ing ability.

I guess this could be a little wanted in WvW where the amount of people you can bring is less limited--but you'd be more likely to just seee people running the trait while playing current power Herald hammer dps shenanigans, not really a support spec.

@narcx.3570 said:I don't wat to be a hater, but what would this accomplish?

Revenant already has the highest pure healing output of any class... Keeping people alive is not a problem. In order to be viable within the current state of the game, it would need to bring either some sought after Offensive buff (which it kind of does in the form of Alacrity, but Ren does this better) or in some insanely OP utility like heal Scourge/Tempest's power rez'ing ability.

I guess this could be a little wanted in WvW where the amount of people you can bring is less limited--but you'd be more likely to just seee people running the trait while playing current power Herald hammer dps shenanigans, not really a support spec.

It’s hard to play for a lot of players and many can’t team carry with aoe spam like other classes help achieving, guess people want it to to be more automatic on results lol.

Only issue I’m having as a rev healer is with some bad usage on shield 5 and tablet big heal could be increased to 300-360, being arround 240ish, also sometimes heals the player that is almost at full health rather the player I want to heal while both are on my party.

Imo this is what needs to be addressed.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Both > @Knighthonor.4061 said:

Both have its place, what u have to do is combine them since they sinergize quite decently, for a decent bunker support build Ob scrapper u have to go on minstrel, on rev u can even go on zealots stats or even pleb clerics, ur job isn’t much of a slave.

Usually best heal and regen defense goes from having fb herald scrapper, for the herald u can have a jalis and a ventari, big 10k heals bomb every 3 sec, and superb passive healing over time, herald will use the condi cleanse to remove leftovers if needed, shield, staff, F2, and tablet has condi removers, question is I won’t be removing some since ur party can lack some boons and scrapper can grab some condis into boons ur party doesn’t have.

Scrapper Healers are meta and Ventari Revenant's aren't for a reason. In WvW Burst healing is superior, and Revenants cant do that without dropping major energy and downtime, along with clunky tablet and staff heals that have delays in heals, and sluggish movement which requires prediction of squad movement during major zerg fights which is very hard to do with all the chaos and short radius on the tablet skills. Its terrible design compared to other meta support classes.

I just started gearing up my Scrapper healer in WvW was stunned by how much more efficient it is compared to Ventari healer. Ventari definitely need buff compared to other support classes. The balance is way off.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Scrapper Healers are meta and Ventari Revenant's aren't for a reason. In WvW Burst healing is superior, and Revenants cant do that without dropping major energy and downtime, along with clunky tablet and staff heals that have delays in heals, and sluggish movement which requires prediction of squad movement during major zerg fights which is very hard to do with all the chaos and short radius on the tablet skills. Its terrible design compared to other meta support classes.

I just started gearing up my Scrapper healer in WvW was stunned by how much more efficient it is compared to Ventari healer. Ventari definitely need buff compared to other support classes. The balance is way off.

Spam build to keep small heals covering health drops vs read the fight and predict or act fast for a big heal, passive heals of revenant will facilitate life for the fb and scrapper.Tablet movement with regen alone does some interesting minor healing.Don’t make Ventari and rev another spam class, it’s a different gameplay reason it’s not meta, but still strong for players that know how strong rev can be as a supporter class.

For some reason I’m not playing scrapper nor fb... herald for example has best infinite regen for 10 players. When u swap for ventari U have it’s f2 2x plus condi cleanse, also affecting 10 players while regen keeps ticking if removed reaply again just swapping for herald, besides that it’s constant big heals if u know how to e-management.If team health is in nice spot keep fury and might up and go damage up some targets, KB some scourges with ur staff 5 so ur revs can spike them etc, or upkeep dome when scrapper one ends...u cover where other fail to reach.

Rev support isn’t a slave like fb and scrapper are.

Note: jalis and ventari are aditions to your group since both can be built to damage while keep team support.

Well I tried Herlad Ventari healer in pugs PvP unranked...end hell i feel like I'm mega mind and everything is ez. I was missing every skills because tablet is 2012 :smiley:Piano playing ended up runing thru allies and spaming tablet on myself. Heals arent that juicy as i thought they will be. Rev is OK support. reworking herald only kill every possible way to play competitve modes.

@"Catchyfx.5768" said:Well I tried Herlad Ventari healer in pugs PvP unranked...end hell i feel like I'm mega mind and everything is ez. I was missing every skills because tablet is 2012 :smiley:Piano playing ended up runing thru allies and spaming tablet on myself. Heals arent that juicy as i thought they will be. Rev is OK support. reworking herald only kill every possible way to play competitve modes.

Maybe they should give Herald's the "Scourge Treatment," and have a Herald GM trait that triples the tablet radius so it covers an entire capture node. :bleep_bloop:

@narcx.3570 said:

@"Catchyfx.5768" said:Well I tried Herlad Ventari healer in pugs PvP unranked...end hell i feel like I'm mega mind and everything is ez. I was missing every skills because tablet is 2012 :smiley:Piano playing ended up runing thru allies and spaming tablet on myself. Heals arent that juicy as i thought they will be. Rev is OK support. reworking herald only kill every possible way to play competitve modes.

Maybe they should give Herald's the "Scourge Treatment," and have a Herald GM trait that triples the tablet radius so it covers an entire capture node. :bleep_bloop:

Would be interesting but... imo only 1 skill falls short wich has arround 240-260 radios.