SMS Authentication Problem/ Lost Access To Old Phone Number — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

SMS Authentication Problem/ Lost Access To Old Phone Number

One of my friends who is a returning player was trying to login to the game the day before but could not do that due to inaccessibility to his old phone number.
A ticket with info related to that account was sent though my support ticket system, and I wonder how long does it take for the ticket to be reviewed and solved so that he can get back to the game.
Thank you!

Comments

• Forever, as you can't submit a ticket for another account. Your friend will need to submit a ticket himself, using his account information through the 'Anonymous' feature. You will need to close your ticket.

Good luck.

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Forever, as you can't submit a ticket for another account. Your friend will need to submit a ticket himself, using his account information through the 'Anonymous' feature. You will need to close your ticket.

Good luck.

Thanks for letting me know!

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Forever, as you can't submit a ticket for another account. Your friend will need to submit a ticket himself, using his account information through the 'Anonymous' feature. You will need to close your ticket.

Good luck.

The previous ticket was canceled and a new anonymous ticket was sent. Looking forward to hearing from the CS team!

• I'm sure they will assist your friend as soon as possible. :)

• I have the same problem and the support team isn't responding. Does anyone know if the support team still functioning during this time?

• It's been a week and a half for me, and no response what so ever. I still can't access my account. Pay for the updates and no account. How long do we have to wait to even play the game after paying money?

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

I only did the SMS thing for the mini, then got rid of it.

I don't trust phones as a "security" measure.. if anything they are the most unreliable things on the planet to store personal or valuable information etc on.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, the CS Team is working 24/7, as indicated in the Sticky above.
    If you did not receive the near-immediate automated response, check you spam/junk folders and/or whitelist the Guild Wars 2 addresses.
    If you did receive the automated response, again, as indicated in the Sticky, response times are longer than the usual 72 hours due to high volume.

Good luck.

• i forgot my login password and want to recover it but needs sms verification problem is i lost that number i submitted a ticket to cs over a week ago anonymously as i cant log in but stilll no response