[vT] Hobo: Necro Roaming WvW Videos

Helly.2597

Well after taking a few months break from the game, I'm back playing gw2. Still debating what build I find the most effective. I haven't attempted any scourge since it simply hasn't seemed enjoyable to play with the changes. Playing some core Necro mainly. Either blood magic (spvp meta build) or death magic seem viable.

Anyways here a rusty video. Let me know what y'all think and any comments you have.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Every time I feel like taking a break from the game, you would inspire me with another masterclass.Now I feel like taking my Necro out for a jog.

Hope to see a Scourge video though!If anyone can pull it off, its you =)

Thanks! Sometimes breaks are good though! Found myself not enjoying the game and took some time to reset before coming back. Does mean you have a bit of rust coming back though.

Scourge probably is fine for small scale, and is still strong when you have a support. I just would rather play core Necro or even hybrid reaper over it currently I think. We'll see if I get the itch to play it again here.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Helly.2597" said:Just another video. Build is same as above (and in the description). A few 1v1s in there, mostly against holos. Honestly the matchup is pretty Necro favored but still fun to lock someone down with corrupts.

Very nice use of the fear wall! messes up opponents more often than not.

And what happened to that fight against the CD mirage and thief at the 29 mins mark?

That Mirage looks like Qianye! One of the strongest roamers in NA.I have almost never seen her lose in a 1 vs 1 encounter since I got to know her.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"Helly.2597" said:Just another video. Build is same as above (and in the description). A few 1v1s in there, mostly against holos. Honestly the matchup is pretty Necro favored but still fun to lock someone down with corrupts.

Very nice use of the fear wall! messes up opponents more often than not.

And what happened to that fight against the CD mirage and thief at the 29 mins mark?

That Mirage looks like Qianye! One of the strongest roamers in NA.I have almost never seen her lose in a 1 vs 1 encounter since I got to know her.

People seem to enjoy making my fear ring placements looks genius by running into it themselves.

In that fight loyal finished off the mirage and then the thief disengaged and got gunned down by loyal.

And another video is out. At the risk of saturating people with videos Id rather put one out every week to show what roaming looks like on Sundays.

• 5 weeks later...

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"Helly.2597" said:Another video of mostly necro. I swapped to spite over blood to test it out. Lich is mainly for the memes but 4s fear isn't the worst.

oh wow that shroud 2 shadow step stomp is a whole new level of creativity.And great use of the Lich fear + lifesteal! Looks really effective in a group fight.

Shroud 2 is great for stomping thieves. The issue is it doesn't last the full stomp duration so you have to hope they port early. You can see here I ported before the stomp finished cause otherwise I lose the port option. A stomp like that on an ele is extremely unlikely (I'd told a few vT people I was trying to do it and we weren't convinced it was possible even if on paper it is).

The fear is mainly why lich has a place. The lifesteal is also really nice especially with the accompanied vitality transfer it gives.

@Helly.2597 said:

@Helly.2597 said:Another video of mostly necro. I swapped to spite over blood to test it out. Lich is mainly for the memes but 4s fear isn't the worst.

oh wow that shroud 2 shadow step stomp is a whole new level of creativity.And great use of the Lich fear + lifesteal! Looks really effective in a group fight.

Shroud 2 is great for stomping thieves. The issue is it doesn't last the full stomp duration so you have to hope they port early. You can see here I ported before the stomp finished cause otherwise I lose the port option. A stomp like that on an ele is extremely unlikely (I'd told a few vT people I was trying to do it and we weren't convinced it was possible even if on paper it is).

The fear is mainly why lich has a place. The lifesteal is also really nice especially with the accompanied vitality transfer it gives.

I was using Lich in the past but have since swapped to Plaguelands for the area denial.

They're both pretty mediocre for power builds tbh ( and I mostly play core power ), but Lich is nice for the mind games. I find if people don't at least back off a little bit, you still get a nice health boost and Stability to buy time for Shroud cooldown(s). Plaguelands is particularly nice for the panic inducing condition bomb with Blinds and Poison being some of those conditions, two very nice debuffers. It actually does decent power damage as well if you can lock them in it, or if they try to face tank it.

Flesh Golem is probably the best elite for core ( not that I think you need to be taking advice here, just making conversation ), but I personally find it too unreliable.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@Helly.2597 said:Another video of mostly necro. I swapped to spite over blood to test it out. Lich is mainly for the memes but 4s fear isn't the worst.

I was using Lich in the past but have since swapped to Plaguelands for the area denial.

They're both pretty mediocre for power builds tbh ( and I mostly play core power ), but Lich is nice for the mind games. I find if people don't at least back off a little bit, you still get a nice health boost and Stability to buy time for Shroud cooldown(s). Plaguelands is particularly nice for the panic inducing condition bomb with Blinds and Poison being some of those conditions, two very nice debuffers. It actually does decent power damage as well if you can lock them in it, or if they try to face tank it.

Flesh Golem is probably the best elite for core ( not that I think you need to be taking advice here, just making conversation ), but I personally find it too unreliable.

Lich has a surprise factor going for it right now. I completely agree though. Plaguelands is the most consistent elite, golem should be best (but the cast time for use is meh and it feels like it just gets blown up whenever I've tried to recently). Usually I go plaguelands and if I'm duo with loyal on his soulbeast we combo plaguelands and his binding roots elite. Gives us a nice punish on enemies.