Deadeye Mark not making sound when cast under quickness?

Crab Fear.1624

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:To be honest, I never notice a sound when using Mark or being marked. However, I notice the sound when full Malice.

It has that sound like you pulled and released a door spring stopper when the mark is cast.

If it makes a sound, I never noticed it. It might be really faint. Or it just get drown out by other sounds.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:To be honest, I never notice a sound when using Mark or being marked. However, I notice the sound when full Malice.

It has that sound like you pulled and released a door spring stopper when the mark is cast.

I always think of an old microwave when the malice is full, they just went BING.

Dropping a freshly microwaved hot pocket directly into someone's lap does sound pretty malicious tbh.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

I always think of an old microwave when the malice is full, they just went BING.

Dropping a freshly microwaved hot pocket directly into someone's lap does sound pretty malicious tbh.

Imagine getting stab at the back with it. MBS.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

Imagine getting stab at the back with it. MBS.

It's seriously OP, but only affects characters that are sat in chairs.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Anyone else notice this when they are being marked or making the mark?

That sound is a pretty critical tell, especially when they dont run mug (SA DE).

Ye, but that goes for multiple skills, especially regarding stealth + quickness, I quite often get shot at by DJ with no tell or sound before DE goes to stealth. I know DE had quickness, went to stealth and fired DJ, but my client is just not picking it up, same for CnD + Backstab when under quickness, by the time my screen sees CnD its actually Backstab.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Anyone else notice this when they are being marked or making the mark?

That sound is a pretty critical tell, especially when they dont run mug (SA DE).

Ye, but that goes for multiple skills, especially regarding stealth + quickness, I quite often get shot at by DJ with no tell or sound
before
DE goes to stealth. I know DE had quickness, went to stealth and fired DJ, but my client is just not picking it up, same for CnD + Backstab when under quickness, by the time my screen sees CnD its actually Backstab.

Same, it seems to be a bug because it doesn't happen every time. No forewarning, no sound, nothing before being blasted by a DJ.

On a more serious note, the games sound does lag and sometimes cuts out entirely depending on what's going on in the map, I remember roaming in the first couple of years on the game and knowing the zerg was close because all the music had stopped and the dodge noises were lagging. When it works, it's a really necessary part of the tell and is well done, but it's not reliable because the servers aren't reliable.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:On a more serious note, the games sound does lag and sometimes cuts out entirely depending on what's going on in the map, I remember roaming in the first couple of years on the game and knowing the zerg was close because all the music had stopped and the dodge noises were lagging. When it works, it's a really necessary part of the tell and is well done, but it's not reliable because the servers aren't reliable.

What do you mean, the servers are AMAZONG.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:On a more serious note, the games sound does lag and sometimes cuts out entirely depending on what's going on in the map, I remember roaming in the first couple of years on the game and knowing the zerg was close because all the music had stopped and the dodge noises were lagging. When it works, it's a really necessary part of the tell and is well done, but it's not reliable because the servers aren't reliable.

This is usually my case - when there are server problems, sync problem, lag spike problem, whatever blob etc, the sound will usually cut it for me. I've had to live with this since I've started playing. This is something I don't think will ever be fixed.