Melee solo Champion of Balthazar (HoT AB HP)

Boogle.8204

How can I solo Champion of Balthazar near the hero point in Auric Basin as melee Warrior? All videos I have seen are of ranging him by kinda glitching/hugging the pillar in the middle.

In melee it seems pretty impossible because his attacks never miss, you can't side step them. Either dodge them or counter/block. But that doesn't give much time to actually hit the guy.

I am thinking the only realistic way is to run with heavy CC and try to stun lock him as much as possible?

Has anyone done it have some tips?

@Boogle.8204 said:How can I solo Champion of Balthazar near the hero point in Auric Basin as melee Warrior? All videos I have seen are of ranging him by kinda glitching/hugging the pillar in the middle.

In melee it seems pretty impossible because his attacks never miss, you can't side step them. Either dodge them or counter/block. But that doesn't give much time to actually hit the guy.

I am thinking the only realistic way is to run with heavy CC and try to stun lock him as much as possible?

Has anyone done it have some tips?

Could he possibly be soloed? Possibly. However, he is not meant to be soloed.

Thank you. I understand how to get the Hero Points. It's not really about that for me though.You see, I'm a super dumbass and I get a kick out of beating the odds. The bigger the odds, the bigger the thrill.I'm not very good at this game though and kinda more or less new-ish, so was looking for some tips and to see if it's even been done because I don't see many people talk about it.

That video for the Spellbreaker is interesting. The build is more or less the same that I use. Not sure what is the biggest difference though because in the video he takes much less damage from the hits than I. Maybe it's his gear? I only have exotics and the build in the video uses Ascended gear.

@otto.5684 said:

Could he possibly be soloed? Possibly. However, he is not meant to be soloed.

It's a bit misleading, and understandably. The event involving him isnt labeled with the [Group Event] marker, yet your typical run of the mill glass builds will be knocked to the ground pretty fast.

And of course I've managed to solo him plenty, yet never tried it with warrior for interest reasons, and the fact that the class feels squishy to me no matter what. (Ironic, I feel).

@Boogle.8204 said:

That video for the Spellbreaker is interesting. The build is more or less the same that I use. Not sure what is the biggest difference though because in the video he takes much less damage from the hits than I. Maybe it's his gear? I only have exotics and the build in the video uses Ascended gear.

His build leaves him with about 3k armor. It could have an impact. The build video is what I linked, so it shouldn't take much to dig up that info.