The Icebrood Saga begins November 19. Watch the trailer for “Whisper in the Dark.”

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"DarkEmiLupus.2876" said:Don't you get tired of hearing the word Commander all the time? I would rather be called adventurer. Why won't "commander" itself pass the commander title to another person in The Pact? It's starting to get annoyingboring :(

I like the title personally, since I disagreed with the part of the story where the player retired from The Pact. Not to mention, since we are the leader of an organisation (Dragon's Watch), having a title like commander is befitting. It fits the renown the player character has amassed through their actions. The title "adventurer" does not hold the same connotations as the title "Commander" does; that is someone of high esteem, with a great level of responsibility, and of which is deserving of some level of respect. An adventurer could be anybody.

It becomes doubly appropriate once the player purchases the Commander/Catmander tag.

More on topic: Looking forward to Ep.1.I hope that isn't actually General Almorra Soulkeeper's voice. Hate to think she's become Icebrood soo soon after she finally avenged her Warband.

@DietPepsi.4371 said:

@"DarkEmiLupus.2876" said:Don't you get tired of hearing the word Commander all the time? I would rather be called
adventurer
. Why won't "commander" itself pass the commander title to another person in The Pact? It's starting to get
annoying
boring :(

I like the title personally, since I disagreed with the part of the story where the player retired from The Pact. Not to mention, since we are the leader of an organisation (Dragon's Watch), having a title like commander is befitting. It fits the renown the player character has amassed through their actions. The title "adventurer" does not hold the same connotations as the title "Commander" does; that is someone of high esteem, with a great level of responsibility, and of which is deserving of some level of respect. An adventurer could be anybody.

It becomes doubly appropriate once the player purchases the Commander/Catmander tag.

More on topic: Looking forward to Ep.1.I hope that isn't actually General Almorra Soulkeeper's voice. Hate to think she's become Icebrood soo soon after she finally avenged her Warband.

Almorra is the early voice (not corrupted). The later is Jormag

@"DarkEmiLupus.2876" said:Don't you get tired of hearing the word Commander all the time?Would you rather have Taimi squeak "Master!" everytime she returns as plot device?Or have everyone call you "master of Dragon's Watch"?Because we technically are that guild's guild master.

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:The first episode of The Icebrood Saga arrives on November 19! Watch the trailer below and visit the release page for all the details.

Personally this pissed me off A-net. You promised that the norn would get some attention, when that was said I had hoped it wouldn't be handing off what makes us unique into mastery's. I don't see asuran tech, charr legion crap, human god magic or sylvari plant magic as a mastery? So why us. Oh because you hate us and won't even give us a cosmetic up-lift. No we get to have our lore degraded, have the charr now be the ones to fight jormag in force and have to face the fact that we are not what you want for this game.

You're using our norn racial forms as mobs? But they can't work for us and they aren't allowed to be good despite it being A HUGE PART OF THE NORN. I've spent years waiting for the norn story, for the norns moment and for the time when I could enjoy my celtic/viking story. But now its the charrs story and now its just me going through the motions again. I don't care about strikes, cool they are there and all but really its not like it will tide any of us over while we wait for the next release as epic as they might seem and the trailer had the right tone.

But as a norn player I feel like this is another smack in the face, you might as well just change us to humans and let us rot and remove them from the creation screen because you don't care about those who play them and you sure as hell don't seem to care about the lore or even their tale. No new E-specs, nothing but two mastery's and more of the degradation the norn have suffered since this game launched. We were epic, warriors and hunters who fought as individuals and as mighty vanguards who were imposing and an immovable object. Now we are the butt of every joke, and are basically regulated to alcoholic giant humans with no taste and a ton of boasting with little of the nuance or depth we once had.

Thanks for killing my hype as well any trust that I had in you remaining from the previous years....

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:The first episode of The Icebrood Saga arrives on November 19! Watch the trailer below and visit the
for all the details.

Personally this pissed me off A-net. You promised that the norn would get some attention, when that was said I had hoped it wouldn't be handing off what makes us unique into mastery's. I don't see asuran tech, charr legion kitten, human god magic or sylvari plant magic as a mastery? So why us. Oh because you hate us and won't even give us a cosmetic up-lift. No we get to have our lore degraded, have the charr now be the ones to fight jormag in force and have to face the fact that we are not what you want for this game.

You're using our norn racial forms as mobs? But they can't work for us and they aren't allowed to be good despite it being A HUGE PART OF THE NORN. I've spent years waiting for the norn story, for the norns moment and for the time when I could enjoy my celtic/viking story. But now its the charrs story and now its just me going through the motions again. I don't care about strikes, cool they are there and all but really its not like it will tide any of us over while we wait for the next release as epic as they might seem and the trailer had the right tone.

But as a norn player I feel like this is another smack in the face, you might as well just change us to humans and let us rot and remove them from the creation screen because you don't care about those who play them and you sure as hell don't seem to care about the lore or even their tale. No new E-specs, nothing but two mastery's and more of the degradation the norn have suffered since this game launched. We were epic, warriors and hunters who fought as individuals and as mighty vanguards who were imposing and an immovable object. Now we are the butt of every joke, and are basically regulated to alcoholic giant humans with no taste and a ton of boasting with little of the nuance or depth we once had.

Thanks for killing my hype as well any trust that I had in you remaining from the previous years....

I sympathize for Arenanet whenever they release new episodes. Here they are trying to release new content, but whatever it is that they do, they are always in a "damn if I do, damn if I don't" situation; they just can't please everyone and there is ALWAYS those people who just cannot be happy that, at the very least, NEW CONTENT like this, which is for FREE, by the way, is coming.

If it's Almorra, it's very fitting for her to call the PC "Commander". She was the one who said we could keep the title, after all. I hope she is not corrupted. :(Personally, I like the title. I find "Champion" a bit cringy, though. :lol:

However, I don't see any update concerning the build templates so far. Will this be included in the patch next week, or how come the feedback thread has been unstickied for this one?