Typical day in wvw

flyingplanet.6912

@Lord of Rings.5371 said:There were lot of time and energy spent in WvW for these green dominance.

But what are the rewards?

Players left and found more rewarding activities outside WvW.

Novelty brought along excitement and naivety; overexposure led to boredom and wisdom.

Why would anybody stay on the losing sides? Just transfer to the one that wins every week...

... this is, by the way, why I suspect that the Alliances system will go wrong. I envisage giant guilds attracting and absorbing more and more people - just another snowball. Arenanet can make the game more and more complex but without any form of handicapping, we'll have images like the OP posted.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Lord of Rings.5371 said:There were lot of time and energy spent in WvW for these green dominance.

Novelty brought along excitement and naivety; overexposure led to boredom and wisdom.

Why would anybody stay on the losing sides? Just transfer to the one that wins every week...

... this is, by the way, why I suspect that the Alliances system will go wrong. I envisage giant guilds attracting and absorbing more and more people - just another snowball. Arenanet can make the game more and more complex but without any form of handicapping, we'll have images like the OP posted.So uh...

Guilds warring is going to be the downfall of the game?

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Optimator.3589 said:Hooray for having absolutely nothing to fight, right?

If this is from Monday: t3 match, green (TC) did have a blob. They just abandoned the map after wiping a few times trying to ninja smc... Leaving not a soul to use all those t3 walls lined with arrowcarts. Off to ktrains red bl and forum warrior lol

lmao...TC should know by now that trying to ninja T3 middle fort from Mag is usually not going to end well.

@Svarty.8019 said:

... this is, by the way, why I suspect that the Alliances system will go wrong. I envisage giant guilds attracting and absorbing more and more people - just another snowball. Arenanet can make the game more and more complex but without any form of handicapping, we'll have images like the OP posted.

I wonder if some form of instanced WvW would be better. I see the same problem you do with alliances: if a guild can hold 500 people that would be more then enough to bandwagon a match in WvW. They were even talking about linking multiple guilds together in alliances , which would be even more then 500. Some sort of matchmaking system where you could que up with your guild group or go solo que, and be placed in an even population map. Or give a team that is getting whooped a large guild that was in que, and maybe even a population advantage for the short term so they can attempt a comeback. Could even reset maps every few hours (like EotM) so no instance gets too stacked, and actually get some good fights.