What is your WvW rank?

EremiteAngel.9765

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current WvW rank 7194. I've completed all of the WvW achievements, including Realm Avenger (Ultimate Dominator), and I've made Warbringer and all three weight classes of the Tier 3 Legendary Armor sets. I also got a handful or so of the WvW/PvP extra weapons that I took a fancy to that Anet released over the years. So for me, 10K rank is sorta the last milestone I'd like to get. But I don't know if I'll ever hit it. I don't do WvW everyday anymore (4 days per week tops now), and I'm mostly there just for the weekend jollies, ya know? :lol:

Even though it's full of missed opportunities and broken promises, I still find WvW to be FUN and entertaining! :smiley: (I have at least one of each class, so I switch it up when I get bored. I zerg, roam, havok, scout and/or gank :trollface: based mostly on my mood. HAHA!)

Cheers! o7

I understand not everyone is registered on GW2Efficiency so the data isn't 100% accurate, but at the time I reached max rank I was listed as having been the 32nd person to do so. This February I'll have been 10k for 2 years. I'm also in the top 5, 10 and 50 for almost every WvW category with the exception of kills ( around 500k ), keep defense, supply camp defense and yak kills.

My story is EOTM. I don't much care how many people frown upon that, I had a lot of fun there. I did a lot of commanding and I did a lot of socializing, it was low effort and relaxed, I enjoyed it. Though I do agree that the WXP gain was obscenely generous, more often than not the reason I was there was because I liked to be.

I remember way back when WvW rank was character bound, I didn't much care about it until it became account bound and I learned I was a pretty high rank compared to most. At that point I wanted to maintain the difference and started to grind it a little harder.

Pre-EOTM I was mostly a roamer. Post-10k I returned to that.

Reached rank 10k https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/83jsji/its_been_a_long_ride/ 1+ year ago, stopped playing after they changed the multiboxing policy because lack of incentive to play, also the gamemode is in a pretty bad state atm.

Have gone full pve since then and wouldnt stick my foot in wvw again unless they changed their multiboxing rules or released the alliance system with some fair matched matchups.

6-7k hours playtime, most of them roaming, zerging, and dueling without doing anything for my server huehue

@"Buckeye.9846" said:Reached rank 10k https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/83jsji/its_been_a_long_ride/ 1+ year ago, stopped playing after they changed the multiboxing policy because lack of incentive to play, also the gamemode is in a pretty bad state atm.

Have gone full pve since then and wouldnt stick my foot in wvw again unless they changed their multiboxing rules or released the alliance system with some fair matched matchups.

What are you gaining from multiboxing im wvw???

About 1450 at the moment over the past 2.3ish years. Although I have been playing the game for a while, I stepped my feet into WvW pretty late. I have actually played unhealthy amounts of the game mode during this time, but I tend to solo roam, so it's a bit of a slow burn unless I'm actually trying to take objectives and such. I still have all my boosters hoarded in my bank...not sure what I'm waiting for tbh. Never thought I'd make it past 1k tbh, now my goal is 2k.

Just hit 2k recently I challenged myself to see how fast I could go from 0 to 2k. I used every booster I could with 100% uptime on all of them.Played for 576 hoursKilled 40,664 peopleDied 1,789 timesKDR 22/1Style of Play ZergClass used ScourgeTime it took to get the levels 7 ½ monthsI was able to get the stats by creating a new character solely for WvW and only used that character for the game mode. Enjoyed every minute of it and I'm not stopping now!

Low-ball thug rank: 175ish? All solo roaming, almost no Zerg play, other than occasionally defending SMC. Died something like 4000+ times. Have taken all tiers of camps solo, and solo’d (Crankshaft in RBL) and duo’d (many) Towers. Low manned Bay (duo), Keeps (5 man), and SMC. SMC has shout out to the Zergs that pulled enemy defense to outer while 5 of us ninja’d Lord and his krewe.

mmm stopped when they released all desert before. returned when they returned alpine. stopped when wife got pregnant and son was born, played again when son is secured. casually leading my guild.

wvw used to be the beast, now, its so so. no incentive to do better except by us who try hard. such a wasted mode.

5K - 95% roaming but with ~15 birthday boosters (+100% wvw rank score for 24h) and at least 20 celebration boosters (the same bonus for 1h) over 7 years.

So for about 400 hours I played with a 100% rank booster. :p

That's how you get rank 5000 as a roamer.

Dominator score is at 78.000 which is pathetic for the playtime but quite normal if you don't zerg I think.

Played for 1-1/2 years from beta, reached rank 333. But that was because I was a tower or keep scout. I stayed in position, defended, and watched my location that I was assigned to. Lot of the scouts had very very low rank during the early years. Due to one event, won't get into, went into Edge of the Mist, and nearly quadrupled my rank in same amount of time. When went back into EB and the Borderlands after the Legendary backpiece arrived. Did a little scouting, and was given "Participation" because it was the thing. However, commanders no longer give participation because they want full combat zerg, so ….no scouts, defenders, or people keeping an eye out on the enemy. So scouts really can't rank up without participation. Probably why you don't have as many eyes as you used to. No rewards for just sitting around watching stuff. No loot. No participation....no rank increase. So...no Legendary Backpiece or Legendary armor for some, and you only get that with combat. Or with participation which is no longer a thing. So ….combat = rewards+rank. No combat, no participation, no rewards - no rank.

@"KeyOrion.9506" said:Played for 1-1/2 years from beta, reached rank 333. But that was because I was a tower or keep scout. I stayed in position, defended, and watched my location that I was assigned to. Lot of the scouts had very very low rank during the early years. Due to one event, won't get into, went into Edge of the Mist, and nearly quadrupled my rank in same amount of time. When went back into EB and the Borderlands after the Legendary backpiece arrived. Did a little scouting, and was given "Participation" because it was the thing. However, commanders no longer give participation because they want full combat zerg, so ….no scouts, defenders, or people keeping an eye out on the enemy. So scouts really can't rank up without participation. Probably why you don't have as many eyes as you used to. No rewards for just sitting around watching stuff. No loot. No participation....no rank increase. So...no Legendary Backpiece or Legendary armor for some, and you only get that with combat. Or with participation which is no longer a thing. So ….combat = rewards+rank. No combat, no participation, no rewards - no rank.

you can always ask for participation. but if the team is small, you know why they wont give it. they need all the numbers to fight and probably cant defend

@RedShark.9548 said:6-7k hours playtime, most of them roaming, zerging, and dueling without doing anything for my server huehue

@"Buckeye.9846" said:Reached rank 10k
1+ year ago, stopped playing after they changed the multiboxing policy because lack of incentive to play, also the gamemode is in a pretty bad state atm.

What are you gaining from multiboxing im wvw???

Basically i would lead on my main acc and improve my alternative accounts in the meantime legitimately, after the multibox policy change i stopped commanding completely because i lacked incentive to command after i hit 10k and i woudl no longer be able to improve my alt accounts.

"so you only commanded as a karma com?"

No i did all sorts of things and people enjoyed my leads, but look where wvw is now, there are like no commanders on my server and the gamemode is bleeding population like never before. The few times i have entered wvw its been a complete ghosttown. Any com is better than no com.