Balance patch needed

Link.1049

Just an observation but guess it's due to be expected... a balance patch is sorely needed in pvp. For too many classes it's become a game of all reward no risk. Rather than in past iterations where you needed to be cognizant of what your weaknesses were for your build, now for several of the classes you shed all your vulnerabilities without any compromise. You want to be bunker ele? Great...now you also get access to dps without sacrificing your bunker build. Same for engi, guardian, and warrior. Mesmer can burst harder from stealth, but at least they've got to time it, and if they're running that they are going to be glassy. Thief can hit hard but is still a high risk high reward class as deadeye doesn't have access to as much mobility and condition cleanse, and daredevil still has it's weaknesses. Revenant when played very well is decent, and still has weakness to high amounts of condition damage. Rangers are still the same as ever... so it's ok and could use some light tweaking but nothing heavy handed.

In short, it'd be great if for the next patch we see a hard nerf to several of the specs that have eliminated all risk when it comes to pvp mode.

@Link.1049 said:Just an observation but guess it's due to be expected... a balance patch is sorely needed in pvp. For too many classes it's become a game of all reward no risk. Rather than in past iterations where you needed to be cognizant of what your weaknesses were for your build, now for several of the classes you shed all your vulnerabilities without any compromise. You want to be bunker ele? Great...now you also get access to dps without sacrificing your bunker build. Same for engi, guardian, and warrior. Mesmer can burst harder from stealth, but at least they've got to time it, and if they're running that they are going to be glassy. Thief can hit hard but is still a high risk high reward class as deadeye doesn't have access to as much mobility and condition cleanse, and daredevil still has it's weaknesses. Revenant when played very well is decent, and still has weakness to high amounts of condition damage. Rangers are still the same as ever... so it's ok and could use some light tweaking but nothing heavy handed.

In short, it'd be great if for the next patch we see a hard nerf to several of the specs that have eliminated all risk when it comes to pvp mode.

The same gospel again....For the last time : stealth burst takes less than zero skill, no matter when, how or whatThieves and mesmer..high and high reward....you have to be kidding me : why don't you try to play a glass build with no stealth and experience for yourself what high risk truly means?

I'm not too keen on playing atm either. I have no Problem if my main class or 2nd is crap and I switch to sth. else, but if two builds are so heavily dominating and dictating the meta, it's just boring. Also, Scourge and SB (especially Scourge), single-handedly remove rezzing/stomping from the game, no way you'll be able to rez, no need to ever stomp in this meta. ^^

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Link.1049 said:Just an observation but guess it's due to be expected... a balance patch is sorely needed in pvp. For too many classes it's become a game of all reward no risk. Rather than in past iterations where you needed to be cognizant of what your weaknesses were for your build, now for several of the classes you shed all your vulnerabilities without any compromise. You want to be bunker ele? Great...now you also get access to dps without sacrificing your bunker build. Same for engi, guardian, and warrior. Mesmer can burst harder from stealth, but at least they've got to time it, and if they're running that they are going to be glassy. Thief can hit hard but is still a high risk high reward class as deadeye doesn't have access to as much mobility and condition cleanse, and daredevil still has it's weaknesses. Revenant when played very well is decent, and still has weakness to high amounts of condition damage. Rangers are still the same as ever... so it's ok and could use some light tweaking but nothing heavy handed.

The same gospel again....For the last time :
stealth burst takes less than zero skill, no matter when, how or what
Thieves and mesmer..high and high reward....you have to be kidding me : why don't you try to play a glass build with no stealth and experience for yourself what high risk truly means?

agreed, ppl mistaken the dancing/jumping ballerina playstyle with "skilled". those us that dont like seem a dancing dervish on a fight are the "unskilled".

Remember on this expansion the main focus was on the PVE aspect of the game. & it shows. Story is fun to play. Pvp aspect shows that it was not. & it shows as well. Between lack of balance & no new pvp game mods & maps, not hard to figure that pvp is at the lowest priority for now. I do expect in the near future all that will change & new patches will come out soon. On the down side, i'm still skeptical that they will ever figure out how to balance pvp classes. I can only hope that Anet can surprise us.

There really are only 2 blatantly over performing classes right now, spellbreaker and scourge. Bunker firebrand is also a bit too strong but it doesn't make all other classes obsolete like scourge+spellbreaker do. Spell-breaker simply dominates side nodes by winning pretty much all 1v1's, surviving out numbered far too easily, while still being dominant in teamfights unless scourges are present. Scourge damage in team fights is off the charts and since it comes from lingering aoe's that are simply always there, it makes all melee builds more or less useless in teamfights plus it does great in most 1v1's and is the one thing that can handle spellbreaker. There is no purpose of running any class for side node control other than spellbreaker, and there is no reason to run anything other than scourge for damage in teamfights since they just outclass everything else by a huge margin. Everything else is mostly fine, I don't understand where you are finding tanky high dps eles, guards, and engis.

I don't know about ele, but engi can't be bunker with high damage. Scrapper tends to be defensive with moderate damage, while holo can have high damage (comparable to a thief's, more or less) but only by giving up a lot of defense and cleanse (or keeping cleanse by sacrificing mobility; but a melee-focused build without mobility or short defensive cooldowns is easy to counter). Deadeye isn't overpowered on its own, although it is powerful in this meta because things that would otherwise counter it aren't being played often due to Scourge. They also still have a fair amount of mobility if played properly, with sb 5 and shadow step allowing them to use terrain to their advantage.

I also notice that you left out the most oppressive spec in the meta, Scourge. For the first time ever, to my knowledge, a player can completely prevent the opposing team from even contesting the point until they are killed. At least back when DHs were the problem, their traps weren't on the point 100% of the time.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Everything else is mostly fine

Renegade is not fine, with the killable and ccable summons, high-cost energy utility and order skills, no synergy between other specs and Renegade spec and useless shortbow skills (Sevenshot, Bloodbane Path, Spiritcrush), I think Renegade need some love and especially time... Just read Revenant class forum.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

I don't know about ele, but engi can't be bunker with high damage. Scrapper tends to be defensive with moderate damage, while holo can have high damage (comparable to a thief's, more or less) but only by giving up a lot of defense and cleanse (or keeping cleanse by sacrificing mobility; but a melee-focused build without mobility or short defensive cooldowns is easy to counter). Deadeye isn't overpowered on its own, although it is powerful in this meta because things that would otherwise counter it aren't being played often due to Scourge. They also still have a fair amount of mobility if played properly, with sb 5 and shadow step allowing them to use terrain to their advantage.

I also notice that you left out the most oppressive spec in the meta, Scourge. For the first time ever, to my knowledge, a player can completely prevent the opposing team from even contesting the point until they are killed. At least back when DHs were the problem, their traps weren't on the point 100% of the time.

what is funny is ppl cry 3 weeks ago about ventari rev who couldnt kill only cap and see what you got. a class who also can kill you.i only hope anet wont nerf it so no one will use it like ventari

@aaguilarce.1764 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Everything else is mostly fine

Renegade is not fine, with the killable and ccable summons, high-cost energy utility and order skills, no synergy between other specs and Renegade spec and useless shortbow skills (Sevenshot, Bloodbane Path, Spiritcrush), I think Renegade need some love and especially time... Just read Revenant class forum.

No doubt there is under powered stuff across all classes, however if we eliminate scourge and spellbreaker from the game, then every class has at least one competitive build and the game would be reasonably balanced in that regard.

I didn't mean to leave out scourge... that and spellbreaker are by far the most out of whack specs in the expansion. I'm thinking most classes except rev will get a nerf, thief included...just some need to be nerfed quite a bit harder than others.

Archived