Balancing suggestion for Ele (Again)

Lord of the Fire.6870

Okay I analysed a bit why core , Tempest and Weaver have under general circumstances so different DPS and in some specific not also I want add something to the last changes.

This part is about balancing between core Tempest and Weaver

part 1)A)First what Weaver can better is access to new skills out of the CD the whole weavering thing this is unique but not the whole story. Tempest got something similar with the overload being ready faster after attunement change now too. The only gap now is precision/crit chance or the small Weaver trait which gives 15% crit chance (or 315 precision points).

In theory you can give them to core ele(+T+W) but there are problems first is warhorn it would be over the top so air 5(Lightning Orb) on it would need to be nerfed a bit properly to around 1/2 sec a hit. Which is not bad the only one thing what is worrying me is that someone would use a third summoning weapon besides hammer and GS as Tempest or Core Ele. Maybe making a rule that only one weapons + GS can be equipped. Otherwise it could end in endless complex rotations or dps balancing problems I fear.

Weaver on the other hand can get rid of the + 15% crit chance from the weaver trait now. I can only make her a suggestion and replace it with instead of crit chance with dmg from water skills (singel and duo). Short explanation I once tested a water rota with staff result: 26K, normal wind rota: 29K when I calculate the difference it is 10.3% but not everything in this rota is water skills so I need more then 10.3%

In pvp this properly need to be caped by 10%

What I hope from such changes1) Core ELE, Tempest and Weaver are closer together2)Tempest has a lot more choice in terms of weapons as PvE DPS build. Also this would make DPS Tempest more viable in WvW and PvP3.) When you are playing Swordweaver in PVP now you are either the 1% everyone complains about or one the 99% which are flops. Sustain is when you are going with the full berserker build is non existing. The mender build has at least some sustain and use water mostly so it would work together with the new trait.4) Water rota as Staff Weaver as an option

• 1 month later...

Sry took way longer because I'm not a fan of repeating ideas -.-

This part is about Support Builds and CC/Stunbreakpart 2)

Just a suggestion I made before move stabi and maybe swiftness from the Tempest trait ' Harmonious Conduit' to a minor trait and let this trait share the boons from it instead with 5 other Player.

This would solve some problems which came with the change of the last changes to this trait-line.

You could also make it so that like suggestion a few times from me and others that while you are overloading getting pulsing stabi e.g every 0.25I also wished that Weavers's Primordial Stance would be a stun break.

The reason for all this is core ele has 1 stun break(Arcane Shield) , Weaver has 1(Twist of fate) and Tempest has 1 (x Overload)2 of them can do under circumstances do dmg 1 none.

The amount of cc spam I find in this game ridiculous even in PvE and Warrior has more skills which are stun breaks then the class can equip and most of them doing a lot of dmg this is not really fair or balanced

I also have an idea for new runes:

Superior Rune of Fierce Magic :
(1): +25 Healing(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Healing Power(4): +10% Boon Duration.(5): +100 Healing(6): +10% Boon Duration; 33% Longer Aura Duration(for you and your allied)

or another variant of it:

Superior Rune of Delight(1): +25 Healing Power(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Healing Power(4): +10% Boon Duration(5): +100 Healing Power(6): +10% Healing Effectiveness to Allies; 33% Longer Aura Duration(for you and your allied)

while I'm on it an inspiration hit me:

Superior Sigil of Vortexing :7% Healing Effectiveness to Allies; 10% Longer Aura Duration(for you and your allied)

Superior Sigil of Ascension :7% Boon Duration; 10% Longer Aura Duration(for you and your allied)

Arena.Net can sure use that in the last map there were no new runes and sigils.

This part is about the staffpart 3)

I won't say much about it besides lower dps and the longer time it takes come to the max burst dmg then other buildsBut can you guys reduce the CD from the Meteorshower from 24 to 20 and earth 5 Shock Wave from 30s to 20 also this would at least make the rotation with this weapon far more fluid? I also tried d/d Tempest and Swordweaver those builds don't have skills with so high cd that you need to wait or skip them in your rota.

Also Glyphe of Storms has an unusually cast time with 1.25 s which caused in every build I know to failed to be casted from time to time make it 0.75 or 1

Yes this will increase the dps a bit but not much it will mainly make the dps output more stable and MS and Glyphe of Storms got nerfed a lot last year anyway.

Edit: I forgot , give conjuncture weapons the same treatment which the warrior banners got make them only to be pick up by eles. Its happened to often that other players steal them or got accidentally picked up instead of some consumable cc items(I don't like them either) or instead of the hammer in cliffside.

Give us arcane Fury back via Aracane tree. 2-3 second fury when swapping atonement. And give us stun break back on all cantrips. Air cantrip range update to 1200. Vapor form and mist form applies 2 stacks of chill up to 5 targets every second area of effect 200 range. lol We used to have that in 2012. It was fun in pvp and wvw. A very nice balance. Also raids need to have their on pve zones like in guild wars 1 twelve player dungeons no need to nerf pve/wvw/or spvp further haha, Chamlee supports this message. :)

@Waisenpai.6028 said:Give us arcane Fury back via Aracane tree. 2-3 second fury when swapping atonement. And give us stun break back on all cantrips. Air cantrip range update to 1200. Vapor form and mist form applies 2 stacks of chill up to 5 targets every second area of effect 200 range. lol We used to have that in 2012. It was fun in pvp and wvw. A very nice balance. Also raids need to have their on pve zones like in guild wars 1 twelve player dungeons no need to nerf pve/wvw/or spvp further haha, Chamlee supports this message. :)

I think making all cantrips stunbreaks would be a little over the top especially as Swordweaver in PvP because you have already water dance and teleport as evade and all those builds in PvP running with Twist of fate, the Elite Teleport and Primordial Stance . I agree would we do it just your way it could work but the reason I suggested it this way is for PvE Weaver because I don't have space in the skill bar there for Twist of fate or Teleport.

I need that in PvE as Swordweaver because .. there are so many FB Healer who don't know what they are doing even in fractal CMs, having something for emergencies would be good. Tempest suggested by me so because you press the overload you stun break and then .. you get stunned again because you are an easy target for it while doing it and as Heal Tempest I wished I had at least my 1 stack stabi ^^

About Arcane + fury I don't see a problem I can also add the last trait which gives 2% more dmg per boon can be increased to 3% by my calculations. Its true that can make more dmg with this in theory but without boonshare the trait falls behind wind and fire 3% is what you need at least to make it equal.

1.) Glyph of Elemental Power

Reduce the time the glyph holds its 5 stacks of w/e condition to 5-7 sec.

2.) Unravel Hexes

The trait Unravel Hexes was in place instead of weavers Woven Stride trait.

Lose conditions at a rapid rate while under the effects of superspeed. Gain superspeed when you are inflicted with inhibiting conditions. (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unravel_Hexes)

Woven Stride made Water Weaver creep its cleansing and survival potential and left air power specs w/o any cleansing options. Revert that change nobody ever asked for during PoF Betas before it was suddenly introduced.

3.) Rework Staff

That weapon is as bad as 2013 is long ago. In fact its probably even in a worse state than 2launch after all the nerfs to it.Ranger Barrage does now more dmg than meteor shower and every projectile is slow and very underwhelming. This weapon feels out of place atm in every gamemode when it comes to dps. Tempest is the only niche it right now has and thats sad.

• 2 weeks later...

@Axl.8924 said:I got a question: I coulda sworn ele was viable in raids but mini crinis told me eles were rarely taken for much besides fractals.

Tempest DPS was a ble to take staff for large targets in raid and multi-target killing what changed?

Uh Staff DPS Tempest this is along time ago. I think you came just back1.) With the start of PoF the nerfed air overload -40% dmg which was the main dmg skill for Tempest also Staff Weaver got around 48k dps at the start of Pof2.) They nerfed alacrity from 33% to 25% which was the first huge hit to ele also they nerfed a lot of passive traits from other classes like Druids spotter 150-> 100 precision3.) They nerfed Chrono by removing boon share which was another big hit for Ele because until now you had full boons the whole time which enabled you to run with arcane trait line4.) They nerfed 'Glyphe of Storm' ' Meteorshower' and the Aoe skill on the hammer so that they do per pules 10% less dmg means -60% dmg on this skill per single target This was the death sentence for Staff Weaver as raid build. Yeah and somewhere in-between they nerfed 'Ice Bow'5.) We still got the scepter/warhon Tempest for raids and Swordweaver for fractals the problem just is DH and Berserker Warrior got pushed extremely by Arena.NET in the sense you do the same dmg but you have a heavy armour and a super easy rota . There are also other stuff that play in this in fractals Heal Firebrand can gives boons and then switch DH , Warrior can do a similar trick thanks to the changes done to the fractals with GG and the mistlocks resetting skills.(absolute broken mechanic) Renegade and Reaper also became pushed.

On top of that all Reaper, DH &Warrior can instantly push aoes around them while staff weaver would take some time Reaper can also do Aoe in big cycles like Meteorshower or the Overloads effectively replacing the Ele in its home discipline.

In the end it became so because people were crying about how stuck the meta was but in the end it didn't became much better it jut other classes but without the high risk high gain aspect. The other aspect was the GG in fractals because with all the changes and boonshare you could stack boons 4x times giving it a nuts run time in the minutes but this wasn't the fault of boonsharing but the fault of brining in broken mechanic which by the way everyone cried about since the beginning only the got it made worse. (other example is portal for thief fun for a whole zerg in wvw can take you forever to find him)

They shouldn't have touched staff ele for PvE, because they need it for raids n stuff and its good on large targets, I truly don't understand the mentality.

I don't think staff tempest was an issue in raids and fractal, and they are delicate enough that even if they can do a lot of damage, they are vulnerable enough in SPVP to be killed fairly easy.