The Mad King Returns!

• ArenaNet Staff

Next week, Mad King Thorn, maniacal monarch and self-proclaimed master of mischief and mayhem, will be returning from The Mists to serve as host for our yearly Halloween Festival. Look for the fun and games to begin in Lion’s Arch on Tuesday, October 17 and run until November 7. You can read our events page , also released on October 17, for all the details about this year’s event.

Prepare yourself for fun activities, supernatural visitors, and the inevitable bad jokes in Lion’s Arch, and seek Trick-or-Treat bag drops throughout Tyria. Join us -- it will be spooktacular!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Hopefully I'll experience my first Halloween in GW2 this year.Planned in doing so last year but... change of plans last minute.

Anything dead related is always awesome! (Minus certain times with the Risen in Orr...)

I will send you my doubles from last year(s)Mail me in game so I have you.

Thank you very much, and sent.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Ayumi -- you must come, if at all possible. It's positively my favorite time of the year in Tyria! The decorations are wonderful, the drops are tasty, and the whole experience is outstanding. (Labyrinth for the win!)

Don't forget about the maniac skeleton on the loose in there (granted that still exists; been a couple years)!!

I'm looking forward to Halloween, because it always used to be one of my favourite Guild Wars holidays.

But I'm also worried that it's going to include another absurdly expensive mini pet (like Gwynefyrdd and Oxidecimus) which means for me it will come down to farming the Labyrinth as much as possible and then raiding my material storage for gold to make the remainder, none of which is fun. I'm well aware it's my choice to do this, and I do love those minis, I think I'd want them even if I didn't collect mini pets, but it would be really nice if I didn't have to choose between getting the item I want or enjoying the festival.

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm looking forward to Halloween, because it always used to be one of my favourite Guild Wars holidays.

But I'm also worried that it's going to include another absurdly expensive mini pet (like Gwynefyrdd and Oxidecimus) which means for me it will come down to farming the Labyrinth as much as possible and then raiding my material storage for gold to make the remainder, none of which is fun. I'm well aware it's my choice to do this, and I do love those minis, I think I'd want them even if I didn't collect mini pets, but it would be really nice if I didn't have to choose between getting the item I want or enjoying the festival.

If the recent trend holds true, the prior year minis will drop significantly in price while new minis will be added for the high price.

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm looking forward to Halloween, because it always used to be one of my favourite Guild Wars holidays.

You shouldn't do something you don't enjoy - its a game.

That said: good luck with your drops :)

Archived