Top 1 vs 1 impromptu fighter in WvW (End 2019) - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Top 1 vs 1 impromptu fighter in WvW (End 2019)

2>

Comments

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:
    Thief. They stealth and stealth and stealth again... Can take ages. When I see one, I keep running. I lack the interest. But that's most probably because I'm by far too lazy! :3

Thieves can be fun to fight when you find one that's willing to fight, but yes any kiter I'd rather just keep going or die and run back . . .

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

@xDudisx.5914 said:
    What is this OP 1v1 mesmer build that everyone is talking about? Condi or burst shatter?

Condi. Condi Mirage is S-tier cancer. (Whereas power burst shatter is maybe B+ tier)
    Anyone who complains about the annoying things that thieves do obviously haven't run into one of these condi mirages.

~ Kovu

Ranger, Fort Aspenwood.

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior

@Kovu.7560 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:
    What is this OP 1v1 mesmer build that everyone is talking about? Condi or burst shatter?

Condi. Condi Mirage is S-tier cancer. (Whereas power burst shatter is maybe B+ tier)
    Anyone who complains about the annoying things that thieves do obviously haven't run into one of these condi mirages.

~ Kovu

I'm not sure why there are so many votes for mirage tbh.
    With the build templates now, I got one build that is almost full anti-condi and allows me to take on condi mirage on equal terms.
    I don't find them particularly challenging.
    Personally I find Power/Hybrid mirages tougher but still not really OP.

Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭
    Mesmer

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    With the build templates now, I got one build that is almost full anti-condi and allows me to take on condi mirage on equal terms.
    I don't find them particularly challenging.
    Personally I find Power/Hybrid mirages tougher but still not really OP.

Condi Mirage is either a draw because of a high condi cleanse counter or they kill. Any decent condi mirage is nigh unkillable in even numbers because of the multiple teleports, invis, evasion, etc. They can essentially grind down an opponent and run away if it doesn't work out. Killing a good one on equal footing is as much luck as it is skill.

A highly skilled player driving a hybrid always deserves respect because no build is beyond its ability to win unlike condi-mirage. However the build has counters. Hybrids are weak against sustain builds such as evasion thieves, skill reset DE, knockdown warriors, etc and they are susceptible to burst. If they get caught, they go down fast unlike a condi mirage.

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Straegen.2938 said:
    These are the toughest solo builds to win against IMO: Condi Mes, Boon Beast Blowup, Skill Reset DeadEye

The most annoying build belongs to either Condi Mes or Perma Invis DE. Both of these builds should be deleted from the game along with Boon Beast.

Yeah, I'd probably put these 3 builds on the top as well.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

Because its always been the goto complaint of people that dont know how to fight them. Mesmer OP. Despite the fact that when you run around in WvW you'll meet 10, 20, 30 or more of the other classes between each mesmer encounter - and only a fraction of them are worth their salt.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger

@Kovu.7560 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:

~ Kovu

I find thieves annoying and I run a B+ tier build and despite having little to no clears, I still beat condi mirages :p

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:

~ Kovu

I find thieves annoying and I run a B+ tier build and despite having little to no clears, I still beat condi mirages :p

I agree. Thieves are worse. 1v1 mes is rarely a problem . . .

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭
    Mesmer

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

Because its always been the goto complaint of people that dont know how to fight them. Mesmer OP. Despite the fact that when you run around in WvW you'll meet 10, 20, 30 or more of the other classes between each mesmer encounter - and only a fraction of them are worth their salt.

I duel condi mirage builds quite frequently and killing a decent one in a duel regardless of the build is like watching paint dry. They have no direct counters only builds that can push a draw. If someone is beating them consistently it is because they are fighting crappy ones. My dueling variant is absurdly OP, wrecks everything that can be wrecked by condi and is effectively immune to condi and spike damage.

As far as fighting other roamers, all I see are rangers, condi mirage and thieves. I do run into a bit of everything but most other classes seem to be incidental not actually roaming.

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:

~ Kovu

Too each their own, but I find most thieves are pretty easy to tank and blow up if you know when to use your defensive cooldowns and bursts whereas condition mirages have an obscene amount of tools to sustain between evasion frames, stealth uptime, teleports and reflections and are able to apply conditions with lots of cover conditions and are able to do so with more consistently over a longer period of time. Their condition spike isn't as obscene as other professions, sure, but it doesn't need to be (and spike condition bursts are generally easier to cleanse anyway). Unless they screw up bad the best you can hope for against a mirage is a draw if you're able to indefinitely cleanse their conditions, or if you run away.

I run a glass power soulbeast so I have tools that'll allow me to survive for a while, but I still only have a win rate of about 30-40% against condi mirage (I probably win about 60-70% of my fights against other power soulbeasts and thieves and about 50% of the fights I have with boonbeasts, for comparison). I can only imagine how tough it must be for literally any melee-oriented build to deal with assorted tools at condition mirage's disposal.

I feel like if I actually manage to lock down a mirage long enough to burst them into downstate it was done by pure chance.

~ Kovu

Ranger, Fort Aspenwood.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger

@Straegen.2938 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

I duel condi mirage builds quite frequently and killing a decent one in a duel regardless of the build is like watching paint dry. They have no direct counters only builds that can push a draw. If someone is beating them consistently it is because they are fighting crappy ones. My dueling variant is absurdly OP, wrecks everything that can be wrecked by condi and is effectively immune to condi and spike damage.

As far as fighting other roamers, all I see are rangers, condi mirage and thieves. I do run into a bit of everything but most other classes seem to be incidental not actually roaming.

What server are you on good sir and/or madam?

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Engineer

@Straegen.2938 said:
    These are the toughest solo builds to win against IMO: Condi Mes, Boon Beast Blowup, Skill Reset DeadEye

The most annoying build belongs to either Condi Mes or Perma Invis DE. Both of these builds should be deleted from the game along with Boon Beast.

And holobolo and fb and rampage and ...