GW1 favor of gods obtaining mechanism. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

GW1 favor of gods obtaining mechanism.

Hello , hope everything is going well , after playing the game more than 13 years , and seeing the differance in players population , i wanted to suggest that if it is possible to change the way that the Favor of god is obtained , like lowering the number of titles acheived ( e.g. 5 instead of 20 ) , or maybe the old system where it used to be linked to Hero's Ascent , but it does not have to be for a certin region , this is based on the time i play per day is around 4 hours .. and i rarely see that we are blessed with gods favor , which makes me not want to do few farming runs, and i know that my suggestion will not be hard to apply to the game if it was considered , cause you guys are awesome .. still looking forward for a new expantion and everyday i pray that i hear a news about new GW expantion , even if it was a rumor :).

Sorry if it is not the right place for this post.

kind regards,
Pyre

Comments

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

    think the last few devs who were still working on doing dev work on GW1 had left, dont think there is anyone left

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • @crepuscular.9047 said:
    think the last few devs who were still working on doing dev work on GW1 had left, dont think there is anyone left

    Dont think there is no one working on the game , as a player was banned for botting last week , so there is some one monitoring the game , but dedicating 5 or 6 ppl to work on developing the game , if you are not starting from scratch , i dont think you need too much work.

    If a new expantion is released for GW1 and sold for a certin amount of money , how many players do you think will come back to the game ?
    And thats not their only income , as returning players would purchase upgrades to their accounts/storage/ merceneries.

    Which most players missed as many left the game after GW2 was released .

    2 birds .. 1 stone.

    Hopefully my dream come true <3

  • Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

    They have no devs actively working on the game, they have set the game up so that it continues to function automatically, there will be no more content or any new balance patches. An expansion is a lot of work, not just "5 or 6" people.

  • @Lottie.5370 said:
    They have no devs actively working on the game, they have set the game up so that it continues to function automatically, there will be no more content or any new balance patches. An expansion is a lot of work, not just "5 or 6" people.

    Concidering the level of graphics used in gw1 , i think it will not require that much work , like it will not require as much as a gw2 expantion , i will not stop hoping and praying <3

  • There was one Dev, that did some work on Guild Wars...in his spare time. He no longer works at ArenaNet.

    The CS Team/GMs have stated that the only support for Guild Wars is access; they won't even fix bugs, anymore.
    And, that statement was years ago.

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2019

    @Pyre.1835 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    think the last few devs who were still working on doing dev work on GW1 had left, dont think there is anyone left

    Dont think there is no one working on the game , as a player was banned for botting last week , so there is some one monitoring the game

    you do not need developers to ban a botter, all they need is a customer service responding to tickets and multiple botting reports from players

    but dedicating 5 or 6 ppl to work on developing the game , if you are not starting from scratch , i dont think you need too much work.

    they will need to start from the start, there is barely any old timer GW1 devs left at Anet, even if there is, it's gonna take them quite a lot of effort up skill the newbies and going through those spaghetti codes

    If a new expantion is released for GW1 and sold for a certin amount of money , how many players do you think will come back to the game ?
    And thats not their only income , as returning players would purchase upgrades to their accounts/storage/ merceneries.

    Which most players missed as many left the game after GW2 was released .

    2 birds .. 1 stone.

    Hopefully my dream come true <3

    chasing the bigger money was never the reason why Anet moved onto GW2, it was the fact that the game had become extremely complex to maintain due to the massive pool of skills they need to balance, even Anet said so in their interview

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @Pyre.1835 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    think the last few devs who were still working on doing dev work on GW1 had left, dont think there is anyone left

    Dont think there is no one working on the game , as a player was banned for botting last week , so there is some one monitoring the game

    you do not need developers to ban a botter, all they need is a customer service responding to tickets and multiple botting reports from players

    but dedicating 5 or 6 ppl to work on developing the game , if you are not starting from scratch , i dont think you need too much work.

    they will need to start from the start, there is barely any old timer GW1 devs left at Anet, even if there is, it's gonna take them quite a lot of effort up skill the newbies and going through those spaghetti codes

    If a new expantion is released for GW1 and sold for a certin amount of money , how many players do you think will come back to the game ?
    And thats not their only income , as returning players would purchase upgrades to their accounts/storage/ merceneries.

    Which most players missed as many left the game after GW2 was released .

    2 birds .. 1 stone.

    Hopefully my dream come true <3

    chasing the bigger money was never the reason why Anet moved onto GW2, it was the fact that the game had become extremely complex to maintain due to the massive pool of skills they need to balance, even Anet said so in their interview

    Well i am not sure about income part , i think i heared or read somewhere cant remember well , that if the add-ons they added later made a good money , they will think about updating the game/ adding new stuff , but not sure if it was an attempt to encourage people to upgrade their accounts.

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2019

    @Pyre.1835 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @Pyre.1835 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    think the last few devs who were still working on doing dev work on GW1 had left, dont think there is anyone left

    Dont think there is no one working on the game , as a player was banned for botting last week , so there is some one monitoring the game

    you do not need developers to ban a botter, all they need is a customer service responding to tickets and multiple botting reports from players

    but dedicating 5 or 6 ppl to work on developing the game , if you are not starting from scratch , i dont think you need too much work.

    they will need to start from the start, there is barely any old timer GW1 devs left at Anet, even if there is, it's gonna take them quite a lot of effort up skill the newbies and going through those spaghetti codes

    If a new expantion is released for GW1 and sold for a certin amount of money , how many players do you think will come back to the game ?
    And thats not their only income , as returning players would purchase upgrades to their accounts/storage/ merceneries.

    Which most players missed as many left the game after GW2 was released .

    2 birds .. 1 stone.

    Hopefully my dream come true <3

    chasing the bigger money was never the reason why Anet moved onto GW2, it was the fact that the game had become extremely complex to maintain due to the massive pool of skills they need to balance, even Anet said so in their interview

    Well i am not sure about income part , i think i heared or read somewhere cant remember well , that if the add-ons they added later made a good money , they will think about updating the game/ adding new stuff , but not sure if it was an attempt to encourage people to upgrade their accounts.

    Someone on reddit collected the numbers, adjusted for inflation their quarterly earning were on pare with GW2's quarter earnings, especially the fact that GW barely had any micro transactions til EtoN came out; at a stage GW was account for up to 22% of NCSoft's Q earning against the massive pool of title they ran
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7bzor8/arenanet_a_complete_history_of_earnings_since_2005/
    http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/quarterly.aspx

    Anet was capable of pumping out a full standalone game year after year means the earnings were well enough to pay for the development; justifiable enough for NCSoft to cut City of Heroes series instead of Guild Wars

    Guild Wars: Utopia was gonna be the 4th game, but was shelved for GW2 development, the background work for Utopia was rolled into Eye of the North
    here's the statements from the team for the cancellation
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Utopia#Cancellation

    if they are ever gonna spend time on development, the only thing i want is GW2's wardrobe to store the kitten tons of minis, armor and weapons i have

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @Pyre.1835 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @Pyre.1835 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    think the last few devs who were still working on doing dev work on GW1 had left, dont think there is anyone left

    Dont think there is no one working on the game , as a player was banned for botting last week , so there is some one monitoring the game

    you do not need developers to ban a botter, all they need is a customer service responding to tickets and multiple botting reports from players

    but dedicating 5 or 6 ppl to work on developing the game , if you are not starting from scratch , i dont think you need too much work.

    they will need to start from the start, there is barely any old timer GW1 devs left at Anet, even if there is, it's gonna take them quite a lot of effort up skill the newbies and going through those spaghetti codes

    If a new expantion is released for GW1 and sold for a certin amount of money , how many players do you think will come back to the game ?
    And thats not their only income , as returning players would purchase upgrades to their accounts/storage/ merceneries.

    Which most players missed as many left the game after GW2 was released .

    2 birds .. 1 stone.

    Hopefully my dream come true <3

    chasing the bigger money was never the reason why Anet moved onto GW2, it was the fact that the game had become extremely complex to maintain due to the massive pool of skills they need to balance, even Anet said so in their interview

    Well i am not sure about income part , i think i heared or read somewhere cant remember well , that if the add-ons they added later made a good money , they will think about updating the game/ adding new stuff , but not sure if it was an attempt to encourage people to upgrade their accounts.

    Someone on reddit collected the numbers, adjusted for inflation their quarterly earning were on pare with GW2's quarter earnings, especially the fact that GW barely had any micro transactions til EtoN came out; at a stage GW was account for up to 22% of NCSoft's Q earning against the massive pool of title they ran
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7bzor8/arenanet_a_complete_history_of_earnings_since_2005/
    http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/quarterly.aspx

    Anet was capable of pumping out a full standalone game year after year means the earnings were well enough to pay for the development; justifiable enough for NCSoft to cut City of Heroes series instead of Guild Wars

    Guild Wars: Utopia was gonna be the 4th game, but was shelved for GW2 development, the background work for Utopia was rolled into Eye of the North
    here's the statements from the team for the cancellation
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Utopia#Cancellation

    if they are ever gonna spend time on development, the only thing i want is GW2's wardrobe to store the kitten tons of minis, armor and weapons i have

    You literaly killed my dream , thanks for the info , but .. adjusteing few things , like favor of god obtaining mechanism wont hurt and wont require much work , as number of maxed titles required to get gods favor should be adjusted to match the number of active players.