Some advice for DE?

Lurana.7506

Hi, so far this season I only played DE and was ranked in gold 2. After that I climed to gold 3. I'm feeling pretty confident with Deadeye but there are some things I'm struggling with. Sometimes the enemy team don't know what to do against DE so I am able to kill them easily even in outnumbered team fights. But sometimes some of them focus me as soon as I arrive in team fights and try to come close to me. When it's just one that's no problem most of the time. But sometimes it's even three and as soon as condi dmg comes into play I'm done for it. Any advice for situations like that? Also I don't engage in 1v1 fights normally. But sometimes when I want to decap or when an enemy player forces me to fight. 1v1 aren't much of a problem. But when it's a mesmer or engi it's just horrible. I normally run off instead of fighting 1v1 with mesmer/engi but any advice what to do against them? Especially mesmer are a pain. I know which one is the true (no clone) but the clones always come in the way so I can't seem to shoot the true one.I would be really grateful for any advice and some general tips, too. Thank you :)

Hitzer(best de world) said once that if it’s a Mesmer just don’t take the 1v1. 1v1s are possible on thief especially if there’s a skill gap in ranked but it’s not super common in top tier play except against the other teams thief. If your struggling staying alive then that’s possibly a number 1 priority. Thief is a class with decent mobility you don’t have to be the first one in a team fight you could try and keep your distance or even stealth up and try to 1 shot someone who is straggling or even trying to 1v1 on far this way you have impact before you even go to team fight. Then it’s simple stealth again go to team fight and sit back and snipe who ever is the target. If you have few deaths decent kills you did good on thief in a match also if there isn’t anyone team fighting or there isn’t a chance to get a kill you can use that opportunity to decap a node that they aren’t watching. Just stay mobile and do damage on players out in the open when you can

Take Shadow Arts and Stealth utility skills to try to stay in stealth as long as you can. If you are by yourself, mark someone getting near (but don't attack) so they will freak out and spam dodges and skills. They will usually avoiding trying to take a point when this happens. Hide in Shadows and Death's Retreat cure conditions pretty well, so use those to escape when targeted as well as dodging with the Silent Scope trait. For mesmers, take Collateral Damage, which works on clones. They will die quickly, which means you can spam quickness, blind, and aoe damage on anyone around the clones. Switch between decapping points and killing the other team based on your own judgement; if you can't kill anyone, there is no point in staying to attack them. Just because you might want to save someone doesn't mean you should. Sometimes waiting in stealth while your teammate dies is a better option so you can immediately decap a point when they leave.

Bonus tip: queue in as a Daredevil and switch to a Deadeye build at the last second. They won't put anti-projectile skills on their skill bar and instead put condition cleanse skills on it.

Don't take shadow arts. Your dmg would be so tiny it won't be worth it. You want to be able to quickly kill and move on. Not stick around in stealth which helps no 1. Unless you do pp which I ve seen in plat can work but is more of a gimmick Watched dduff on twitch. He's a legendary rank DE

I play a mix of DE and DD. Made p1 from s3 in 2 weeks this past month. I don't play DE if there is a holo or rev. Dmg,cc n reveal too strong.

Never shoot first in a group fight. Hide till your team m8s have the other team's attention and then begin to 1 shot their important players like Necros.

You don't have to entirely finish all the fights. If it's a 4v4. 3 on their team are dead. You can leave. Rifle 4 n decap. Then go back to +1. Also when all your cool downs are burnt, just leave. Unless your team rally depends on it.

Other than knowing when to escape, save your burst. If you know the enemy hasn't burnt any cool downs. If you burst, have no cool downs and don't kill them you are wasting time even if eventually you kill them.

Against mesmers. Alot of DE makes the mistake of using rifle. Port in Pistol whip them. Wait till they burnt their Dodge which reflects as well as ambush or other skills. Once below half u can port out and dj them but most of the time just porting in and out with sword does the trick. You can easily spot the real one because only the real one has deadeyes mark.

Gl

@OddFinrir.6801 said:Take Shadow Arts and Stealth utility skills to try to stay in stealth as long as you can. If you are by yourself, mark someone getting near (but don't attack) so they will freak out and spam dodges and skills. They will usually avoiding trying to take a point when this happens. Hide in Shadows and Death's Retreat cure conditions pretty well, so use those to escape when targeted as well as dodging with the Silent Scope trait. For mesmers, take Collateral Damage, which works on clones. They will die quickly, which means you can spam quickness, blind, and aoe damage on anyone around the clones. Switch between decapping points and killing the other team based on your own judgement; if you can't kill anyone, there is no point in staying to attack them. Just because you might want to save someone doesn't mean you should. Sometimes waiting in stealth while your teammate dies is a better option so you can immediately decap a point when they leave.

Bonus tip: queue in as a Daredevil and switch to a Deadeye build at the last second. They won't put anti-projectile skills on their skill bar and instead put condition cleanse skills on it.

Shadow arts can be a good training wheel for deadeye and it’s kind of fun. Other option is deadly arts which would be probably closer to meta despite have glaring weakness like how it can reveal you. You don’t really have to worry about what’s meta though tbh for one anyone telling me what’s meta on deadeye is getting a good laugh because deadeye is not meta rn no amount of ppl in legend can prove that, also don’t believe anyone who tells you that Mesmer dodge reflects and that only real one has mark that is also laughable. Yes if you cannot possibly find a way of surviving in team fights especially due to conditions then shadow arts might just fix that for you

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@OddFinrir.6801 said:Take Shadow Arts and Stealth utility skills to try to stay in stealth as long as you can. If you are by yourself, mark someone getting near (but don't attack) so they will freak out and spam dodges and skills. They will usually avoiding trying to take a point when this happens. Hide in Shadows and Death's Retreat cure conditions pretty well, so use those to escape when targeted as well as dodging with the Silent Scope trait. For mesmers, take Collateral Damage, which works on clones. They will die quickly, which means you can spam quickness, blind, and aoe damage on anyone around the clones. Switch between decapping points and killing the other team based on your own judgement; if you can't kill anyone, there is no point in staying to attack them. Just because you might want to save someone doesn't mean you should. Sometimes waiting in stealth while your teammate dies is a better option so you can immediately decap a point when they leave.

Shadow arts can be a good training wheel for deadeye and it’s kind of fun. Other option is deadly arts which would be probably closer to meta despite have glaring weakness like how it can reveal you. You don’t really have to worry about what’s meta though tbh for one anyone telling me what’s meta on deadeye is getting a good laugh because deadeye is not meta rn no amount of ppl in legend can prove that, also don’t believe anyone who tells you that Mesmer dodge reflects and that only real one has mark that is also laughable. Yes if you cannot possibly find a way of surviving in team fights especially due to conditions then shadow arts might just fix that for you

Wow. Sounds like you are butt hurt about something.

I disagree with shadow arts. You should not be seen even with out. You get too used to so much stealth when you don't have it you won't know what to do .

Don't make you laugh? I don't really care. I got to plat playing deadeye. And I am just sharing information to how I deal with mesmer 1v1. No where did I say team fight.

Err the guy wants to improve. Not have a good training wheels. Why don't you make constructive comments instead of comings up with crap like don't make me laugh.

Errr Dodge reflect is a real thing. Too many low ranked deadeyes just press all buttons n hope for the best.

Seriously. Get that stick out of your ass.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

The way to survive conditions. Is not to get hit in the first place. If they are able to get condi on you. You should have signet and rifle 4. If you can't use those properly you will never reach upper ranks.

No amount of anything will make de meta? Listen to yourself. My example was dduff because he is legendary. Watching him play is far better than listening to you talk about having fun on a shadow arts DE build that does little dmg and poor mobility.

@TorQ.7041 said:Your comment was and is invalid because it’s false Mesmer doesn’t have reflect on dodge and tbh deadly arts is not much better than shadow arts for ranked its only closer to meta because it has damage which by the way is absolutely useless against good condi Mesmer 1v1 and against bunker firebrand + necro rev meta, which is why it has not 1 time come close to winning a mAT. I don’t really care if dduff is in legend I’ve been in plat3-legend every season( while memeing 90% of the season btw) since coming back from a 6 year break after getting what was rank 1 in core.Edit: also your comment that SA deadeye has worse mobility is bs. You get a very good MS buff on stealth which helps a lot. Not only can stealth greatly improve your sustain the more of it u have the better you move around the map and the more choices you have. You might have made to platinum but your game knowledge is highly incorrect

Thank you very much for all your advices! One last question: In the last couple of days I seemed to get be unlucky with my teams. When I get a good team which plays as a team, then I think I do a good job. But sometimes my team dies very quickly in team fights so I'm not able to help much before I have 3 or 4 enemys against me. Or when my team scatters around (like fighing offpoint somewhere) I am alone most of the time so I'm an easy target. Any advice what I should do then? Because in those "bad" teams I'm not of much use.

@"Lurana.7506" said:Thank you very much for all your advices! One last question: In the last couple of days I seemed to get be unlucky with my teams. When I get a good team which plays as a team, then I think I do a good job. But sometimes my team dies very quickly in team fights so I'm not able to help much before I have 3 or 4 enemys against me. Or when my team scatters around (like fighing offpoint somewhere) I am alone most of the time so I'm an easy target. Any advice what I should do then? Because in those "bad" teams I'm not of much use.

That’s more of a complicated situation especially the fighting off node one. If your team dies mid so quickly, which happens but often they can regroup and try again- you want to obviously survive and most likely you will want to go far and decap to stall or go back home to again stall until your team regroups. That said usually when u do this you are more likely to see 1 player than the whole group so you can use this opportunity to single them out. Just do you best at keeping some map control since you obviously don’t have any options to support your team, unless you have shadow arts then u can usually stealth and Rez anyone they aren’t cleaving. If you are off point team fighting I think stealth can be your best friend since it is very ez to pick on a deadeye during those fights, for this all I can really suggest is something similar to my first comment don’t go in first hang back and from stealth pick off however is low health that’s being focused by your team and again if there’s no way you can burst them down safely go decap an unattended node. I think in those situations it’s gonna depend a good bit of your skill level and how well you position yourself again shadow arts sustain might help you survive these but if your not taking shadow arts or just don’t feel comfy feel free to just go to mid node and full cap since an off node team fight can strain your team points wise and sometimes never end

@"Lurana.7506" said:Thank you very much for all your advices! One last question: In the last couple of days I seemed to get be unlucky with my teams. When I get a good team which plays as a team, then I think I do a good job. But sometimes my team dies very quickly in team fights so I'm not able to help much before I have 3 or 4 enemys against me. Or when my team scatters around (like fighing offpoint somewhere) I am alone most of the time so I'm an easy target. Any advice what I should do then? Because in those "bad" teams I'm not of much use.

Kite with rifle, play with melee set is the best advice i can give,When they catch you, do smoke wall +rifle 4 jump to get more distance+stealthand rotate o/