Tips to carry while in Elo Hell?

rwolf.9571

Anybody have any tips how I can carry while stuck in Elo Hell? I currently main S/S, Staff condi - mesmer.I'm at wits end when I see 4 people wipe to 2 scourge standing in there aoes.... and vice versa.

Was High P1, down to G2. As much as the 1 v 1's have gotten much easier, team fighting is still a major issue. Win rate now at 2/8...

If your team lose teamfight, use your mobility advantage to keep enemy players busy and wait for teammates respawn.

Moa the scourge in teamfight early. Don't give them anytime to free cast as they can destroy your team in 3 seconds. The goal is to create a snowball effect so that you can always zerg down their respawning player.

@Exciton.8942 said:If your team lose teamfight, use your mobility advantage to keep enemy players busy and wait for teammates respawn.

Moa the scourge in teamfight early. Don't give them anytime to free cast as they can destroy your team in 3 seconds. The goal is to create a snowball effect so that you can always zerg down their respawning player.

Hmm what would better, mid at start, or home and leave port?

Team usually ends up the other way around, and starts feeding in 1 by 1 unfortunately.

Games keep snowballing to 150/200-500 matches is making this feel hopeless

No such thing as Elo hell anymore. It only existed in s1-s4 because of regression guards.

If you want to climb, the most reliable way is to have a strong 1v1 far-pushing build. Most teams will spend too long trying to kill you. You just then hope the rest of your team can win an outnumbered fight.

@Exedore.6320 said:No such thing as Elo hell anymore. It only existed in s1-s4 because of regression guards.

If you want to climb, the most reliable way is to have a strong 1v1 far-pushing build. Most teams will spend too long trying to kill you. You just then hope the rest of your team can win an outnumbered fight.

I've experience elo hell 3-4 times now (after about 450 matches this season). I believe it exists when you get 10-20 matches in a row where it's one sided, not even close type games. I've dropped one whole division twice now, and 1 division back up.

I feel pushing far is always bad, unless your running spellbreaker.

@rwolf.9571 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:If your team lose teamfight, use your mobility advantage to keep enemy players busy and wait for teammates respawn.

Team usually ends up the other way around, and starts feeding in 1 by 1 unfortunately.

I think going mid is probably the best currently for chronomancer. If you help win teamfight, then it is really good, you can rotate out and get far.

If you lose teamfight, you can still portal and leave and try to maintain some map presence when your teammates respawn.

@Exciton.8942 said:

@rwolf.9571 said:

I think going mid is probably the best currently for chronomancer. If you help win teamfight, then it is really good, you can rotate out and get far.

If you lose teamfight, you can still portal and leave and try to maintain some map presence when your teammates respawn.

Worth a shot, I've been going home all season.

@rwolf.9571 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:

@rwolf.9571 said:

Worth a shot, I've been going home all season.

Going home is usually not a bad choice either. However, you will probably regret if you see your team melt in 3 seconds to scourges...

S/S is Sword/Shield, I hope. Off-hand sword isn't worth bringing on a condition build. Shield brings more defense and team support. If you're not Chrono, then consider torch or pistol for good condition off-hands. Torch has burn and stealth. Pistol can be traited for bleed and has a more reliable interrupt than off-hand sword. Even focus is better than sword.

Yeah running Sword/Shield chrono.

I FINALLY got out of elo hell, and went on a nice 8 game win streak. Problem is, it was short lived and I'm back in elo hell.... I mean what can you do when you have players that rage quit after losing the first battle? Its. That. Bad... (Sad?)

I wish gold division had some consistency, but it's the new bronze... At least I know the feeling of playing high P1/P2 where you don't hafta constantly monitor other players motives/decisions, and work around them.

Always duo queue if you can.

Run meta builds (scourge/warrior right now)

Only take winnable fights, this is a skill in of its own.

Imo: winning mid initally is the biggest indicator of a win, then I usually watch top streamers hold far most of the game if they're really that much better then every player.

I duo as Core DPS guard + Druid. With Hammer + Gazelle we can burst someone down in a matter of seconds and managed to climb to rank 35(?) on EU by putting ourselves in outnumbered fights and winning them. Get on voice comms and call stuff. Probably your best chance.

@shippage.1983 said:

1. Always duo queue if you can.
  2. Run meta builds (scourge/warrior right now)
  3. Only take winnable fights, this is a skill in of its own.
  4. Imo: winning mid initally is the biggest indicator of a win, then I usually watch top streamers hold far most of the game if they're really that much better then every player.

This.

On point 4, do you think all 5 to mid first then back cap is a valid strategy? I could say I'll go home, pretend too and then just go mid but keep an eye out for quick disengage to home when the time is right.

Happened again. Win 8-10 games in a row, go on a massive losing streak. Wtf is going on?

1. Closest friend that can duo is in silver, so that's out of the question XD.
  2. Running meta Chrono mes.
  3. Been guilty of prolonging fights, been try to get away from that.
  4. Mid always flip flops. Lose mid, win game. Win mid, lose game, vice versa.

I have no idea what works or what doesn't anymore.... I really want to blame the quality of match making, but I know I can only work with what I get.Come to think of it. I don't think Chrono can carry. At least in my own hands. It'll never 1 v 2/3 a spot like spell breaker, or dominate a point like Scourge.

Learned Mes this season, put 700 games in. I don't know if I should give up on mes yet. It did get me close to P2 at one point...

IMO, carry is a myth unless you are a extremely good player. I mean in ELO hell, you can be matched again 5 players who are possibly as good as you or betterHell even 5 players just under you is still going to kick your ass if your team is braindead.The other team has to be pretty braindead to carry most of the time, you cannot hope to hold 3 points alone.

My placement matches were terrible

3 matches = one of my teammate did not play

2 matches = one of my teammate disconnected

2 matches = very close match but my team lost by 490 vs 500

I lost 7 placement matches and I won 3 placement matches = I got placed around 1000 rating

I climbed up to 1400 rating from 1000 rating in 1 week

1000~1200 rating

between 1000~1200 = I am the one who must carry the team

In the beginning of the match I run to Far node (Enemy's home)

I tell my teammates not to follow me

I usually get 2vs1 or 3vs1 at Far node (Enemy's home)

If I get 2vs1 , I kill both of them

While I kill 2 enemies by myself, my teammates are struggling in Mid node

So I run to Mid node and help my team and kill all enemies

After my team capture all 3 nodes

I stay near enemy spawn , and kill them as soon as they jump out of spawn

If I get 3vs1 in the beginning of the match , I just try to stay alive

While I do 3vs1 , rest of my team gets easy fights

While I do 3vs1 at far , usually my team captures other 2 nodes

This is how I carry in 1000~1200 rating

between 1000~1200 rating it was easy to climb

My win rate was 90% in 1000~1200 rating

1200~1400 rating

1200~1400 rating was different,

In the beginning of the match , I run to Mid node , and make sure my team wins Mid fight

In the beginning of the match , usually it is 3vs3 or 4vs4 at the Mid node

If it's 3vs3 , I kill all 3 of them

If it's 4vs4 , I kill all 4 of them

I always watch my teammate's health bar

when one of my teammate gets low , I protect my teammate so that my teammate do not become rally bot

I always carry skills that can protect my teammates

I carry "**Battle Standard" skill , and I drop the banner when one of my teammates go down

**Battle Standard : Place a battle standard that revives fallen allies and grants fury, might, and swiftness to allies.

I make sure my team wins Mid fight in the beginning of the match.

I make sure all of my teammates survive in Mid fight in the beginning of the match

and I make sure 3 or 4 enemies die in the Mid fight so that they must wait for re-spawn.

After I win Mid fight, I run to Far node (Enemy' home)

Enemies re-spawn and they come to Far node (Enemy' home)

If I get 3vs1 , I run away

If I get 2vs1, I stay alive and do 2vs1 for a long time

While I do 2vs1 at Far node (Enemy' home) , my team gets easier fights on other nodes

This is how I carry in 1200~1400 rating

My win rate was 70% in 1200~1400 rating

1400~1600 rating

1400~1600 rating = I do not try to carry the team , I assume that rest of my team can play as well as I can

In 1400~1600 rating , I do not run into outnumbered fights.

In 1400~1600 rating , I carry skills that can help me survive so that I do not become rally bot

I look at the map , and I go to place where I can outnumber the enemy team or get equal number fights

If 3 or more of my teammate are dead , I wait for my teammates to re-spawn , instead of running into outnumbered fights by myself

My win rate is 50% in 1400~1600 rating

Effective Class

1000~1400 rating = spellbreaker and scourge are very effective

1400~1600 rating = spellbreaker is better than scourge

@rwolf.9571 said:Happened again. Win 8-10 games in a row, go on a massive losing streak. kitten is going on?

1. Closest friend that can duo is in silver, so that's out of the question XD.
  2. Running meta Chrono mes.
  3. Been guilty of prolonging fights, been try to get away from that.
  4. Mid always flip flops. Lose mid, win game. Win mid, lose game, vice versa.

I have no idea what works or what doesn't anymore.... I really want to blame the quality of match making, but I know I can only work with what I get.Come to think of it. I don't think Chrono can carry. At least in my own hands. It'll never 1 v 2/3 a spot like spell breaker, or dominate a point like Scourge.

Learned Mes this season, put 700 games in. I don't know if I should give up on mes yet. It did get me close to P2 at one point...

I had success carrying with Chrono last season. Since PoF, it feels drastically weaker compared to the new comps. It simply can't keep up with the amount of condi clense from Scourge/Spellbreaker.

You can win mid, and hold far the entire game and still lose. There really isn't a consistent way to carry, even the pros struggle with it. I try to kill fights faster and rotate smarter/faster. In the end, you are only 1/5th of the team, and can only affect that much, it's still very much rng on the matchmaking if you get good teammates. That's why it's outrageous to see the top player with a literal 20-1 win ratio on the leaderboard, it's impossible in regular play without cheating.

In other games like League of Legends it's easier to carry, because the more successful you are, the stronger you become, leading to more and easier kills. In this game, you are the same power the entire game.

Archived