Light puzzle completions in Bjora Marches not counting for the meta — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Light puzzle completions in Bjora Marches not counting for the meta

Completing the light puzzles in Bjora Marches is not updating or counting for the meta even though they are listed for the meta. Also, I had to complete 3 of them twice to get the achievement for each one. In other words, I got the Luminary achievement before I got the achievement for each puzzle.

<1

Comments

• Ok, update: they do count but the achievement doesn't complete, but the ticker ticks up. Anywho, something is screwy and needs looking at with these.

• edited November 20, 2019

There are two achievements associated with those: the individual, "Light the [area]" achievement, and the collective, "Luminary" achievement. The individual ones are daily achievements and reset at the same time as other dailies. The "Luminary" achievement does not reset and tracks if you have ever done the individual achievements.

Keaven Freeman
    Game Designer

• @Keaven Freeman.6157 said:
    There are two achievements associated with those: the individual, "Light the [area]" achievement, and the collective, "Luminary" achievement. The individual ones are daily achievements and reset at the same time as other dailies. The "Luminary" achievement does not reset and tracks if you have ever done the individual achievements.

The one in the Southern Mountains doesnt seem to work, the 2nd mirror seems to be in the wrong place, no matter what setting i have the mirror at the light just stops, and will not bounce at all, its hitting the frame of the mirror.

Don't say what you mean, it will get you in trouble.

• They definitely all work. I had just made another thread about this a couple minutes ago before seeing Keavan's response. I thought they got rolled back but like he said apparently they just reset daily. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/92534/most-recent-patch-caused-rollback#latest

• Ok I Did It.2854Ok I Did It.2854 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019

@Unholey.3264 said:
    They definitely all work. I had just made another thread about this a couple minutes ago before seeing Keavan's response. I thought they got rolled back but like he said apparently they just reset daily. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/92534/most-recent-patch-caused-rollback#latest

I cannot get it to work at all, the 2nd mirror doesnt bounce the light, it just stops dead on it no matter what position the mirror is in, this is the first time ive tried this achievement aswell.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

What's the point of them resetting daily if you don't get any AP from them nor any other reward?

• I got the 2nd mirror but its horrible to set up, i had to move my camera to a strange position in order for it to appear like it was hitting the mirror and it worked, it was completely RNG for me, Anet really should look at the placement of that 2nd mirror.

• Ceriph.3518Ceriph.3518 Member ✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019

@Keaven Freeman.6157 said:

I did all 4 Lighting the X achievements, got the Luminary title, but the Asgeir one, Lighting the Legacy is now grayed out like I didnt do it
    Proof: https://imgur.com/a/YA5vtbK

• Miss Lana.5276Miss Lana.5276 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    What's the point of them resetting daily if you don't get any AP from them nor any other reward?

There are 5 different achievements - 9 AP in total that you get for doing all of them, and each of them give a chest with minor rewards at the end, which you can only open for about 15 seconds while you have a certain buff on your bar.

Disagreement =/= "negativity"
    Criticism =/= "hate"

• @Ceriph.3518 said:

I did all 4 Lighting the X achievements, got the Luminary title, but the Asgeir one, Lighting the Legacy is now grayed out like I didnt do it

As I said, the individual "Lighting the [area]" achievements reset at the daily-reset time. Therefore, they will display in the achievement panel as not done. However, this does not reset the meta tracking of ever having completed these achievements. The "Luminary" achievement (which tracks the completion of all the light puzzles), and the "Whisper in the Dark Mastery" achievement (which tracks the completion of all episode achievements) do not clear your record of ever having competed these "Lighting the [area]" achievements because they mark off that you've done it at least once.

Keaven Freeman
    Game Designer

edited November 20, 2019

@Miss Lana.5276 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

There are 5 different achievements - 9 AP in total that you get for doing all of them, and each of them give a chest with minor rewards at the end, which you can only open for about 15 seconds while you have a certain buff on your bar.

I'm talking about the achievements, not the chests. Unless the achievement not being completed is a prerequisite for doing the puzzles and opening the chest, I don't see a point for them resetting. Even more so as the chest really isn't any different than those from jumping puzzles, mini dungeons, post-HoT hearts, or even the PoF hero points, which makes it seem like an odd design choice.

• @Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Miss Lana.5276 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I'm talking about the achievements, not the chests. Unless the achievement not being completed is a prerequisite for doing the puzzles and opening the chest, I don't see a point for them resetting. Even more so as the chest really isn't any different than those from jumping puzzles, mini dungeons, post-HoT hearts, or even the PoF hero points, which makes it seem like an odd design choice.

You don't get the chest if you've already done the puzzle that day, correct. I didn't decide what to put in the chests at the end of the light puzzles, so I can't speak to why they give out what they do, but the chests were always intended to be daily reward chests.

Keaven Freeman
    Game Designer

edited November 21, 2019

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Miss Lana.5276 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

You don't get the chest if you've already done the puzzle that day, correct. I didn't decide what to put in the chests at the end of the light puzzles, so I can't speak to why they give out what they do, but the chests were always intended to be daily reward chests.

Just did two of the puzzles after the daily reset and the chests were still open. The second the first orb hit the shrine, the rest of the orbs disappeared. All achievements did reset. Are the chests themselves on a 24 hour cool down?

Edit: I did the southern and forest ones.

@signarokkaos.4035 said:
    Is the idea of the AP that you lose 4 Ap daily ? I can understand daily achievement but losing 4 ap each day doesnt make sense.

You don't lose AP.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019

We're are talking about achievements here, not the chests.

• Lighting the Forest (1AP).
    • Lighting the Frozen Pass (1AP).
    • Lighting the Legacy (1AP).
    • Lighting the Mountains (1AP).

The problem here is that they give us APs and then reset, making us jump from +4APs to -4APs on reset.
    I bet this was not intended and it's a bug, either make the achievements not resetting or remove the APs from them to avoid confusion.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• @Ayrilana.1396 said:

@signarokkaos.4035 said:
    Is the idea of the AP that you lose 4 Ap daily ? I can understand daily achievement but losing 4 ap each day doesnt make sense.

You don't lose AP.

I lost 4 ap at reset then gained 4 back.

edited November 21, 2019

@signarokkaos.4035 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@signarokkaos.4035 said:

You don't lose AP.

Well I didn't lose any AP or at least after yesterday's reset.

• Katreyn.4218Katreyn.4218 Member ✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019

@signarokkaos.4035 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@signarokkaos.4035 said:

You don't lose AP.

Did you notice any doubling of AP? Like I did one of the puzzles again and got the achievement and got 1 AP again. Changed maps and now I have 2 AP instead of one (achievement still only states 1). Have only done daily stuff so far today so no new AP to gain otherwise.

The achievement panel does not really differentiate those achievements from other one time completable achievements, and on top of that they each give 1 AP which is lost upon reset, so the whole system is acting a bit weird.

EIther make those into the daily category and make them 0 AP, or make them into repeatable achievements would be a better UI display.

edited November 21, 2019

I can verify that the chest themselves are on a 24-ish cool down.

As far as losing AP when the achievements reset, I believe this to be false. I just completed one of the achievements again and received no AP. Just because it says 1AP doesn't mean that you're losing 1AP when they reset.

I re-logged into the map and gained 1AP. Looks like something is going on in regards to that.

• Mine AP didn't get deducted until I fully restarted the client.
    I did not try completing the achievement again though.

• Yeah when I booted up Gw2 after reset I noticed I had 4 less ap than yesterday and regained those 4 after doing the puzzles again.

@Ceriph.3518 said:

As I said, the individual "Lighting the [area]" achievements reset at the daily-reset time. Therefore, they will display in the achievement panel as not done. However, this does not reset the meta tracking of ever having completed these achievements. The "Luminary" achievement (which tracks the completion of all the light puzzles), and the "Whisper in the Dark Mastery" achievement (which tracks the completion of all episode achievements) do not clear your record of ever having competed these "Lighting the [area]" achievements because they mark off that you've done it at least once.

In the "Whisper in the Dark Mastery" achievement, they were marked as incomplete for me. Also, I see potential abuse with those AP being added and subtracted to get achievement chests and such.

• Cruzyo.7304Cruzyo.7304 Member
    edited November 21, 2019

@Ceriph.3518 said:

Hello there,

the system appears to not be working as intended.
    Here's some documentation:
    https://imgur.com/a/YJDR20H

EDIT:
    after completing a puzzle and changing the map, the missing AP from that puzzle get added aswell.

• darksome.1697darksome.1697 Member ✭✭
    edited November 22, 2019

Just adding my confirmation that this is indeed bugged. Did the four light puzzles yesterday (proof is that "Luminary" is completed), got +4 AP. Logged in today, they are all incomplete (in the "Whisper in the Dark Mastery" as well as the individual "Lighting the x" achievements), except the "Luminary" achievement, and I lost the 4AP from the individual ones.

Just did one of them again today, that one now shows as complete, but I was awarded no AP, until I switched maps, then I got +1 AP (which will most likely be gone tomorrow). Aaaand yep. Daily reset just happened, the "Lighting the x" achievement I did is reset, and I got -1AP.

Funny thing also: "Luminary" isn't part of the Whisper in the Dark Mastery, but the four individual Lighting the x ones are. Feels like that has something to do with this issue. Like someone deciding there weren't enough achievements for the Mastery and switched "Luminary" for the four "Lighting the x" ones, but forgot they were supposed to part of the daily schedule, and so they reset (and stripping people of the 4AP daily).

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Upon reset they also get shown as not done in the maps meta achievement.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2019

I came here because of the same issue. I had 2/4 puzzles done for Luminary and they all got greyed out and showed 1 AP available. If they're a daily reset, they shouldn't have those AP showing.

I can see a potential issue in people being able to hit a major AP target number twice in two days. Either they get unlocks that should have taken 5 or 10K more AP to get, or their wardrobe gets screwed up.

• Sylvia.7530Sylvia.7530 Member ✭✭
    edited November 22, 2019

Still having this problem. I have completed the Lighting puzzles 3 times now. This time I took screenshots showing my AP before I logged out after having completed them today, and after I logged back in 2 minutes later. They clearly show the 4AP pt loss. So by doing the puzzles 3 times (12 puzzles, 12 AP), I haven't actually earned any of that AP but have apparently just been wasting my time.

Oh also, the rollback of AP happens on logout, log back in, not on daily reset. When you log back in that is also when they show back up as uncompleted achievements, it is not happening at daily reset as intended. Sorry to be salty, I hope this is helpful.

https://imgur.com/gallery/mFa3TD5

@Ceriph.3518 said:

As I said, the individual "Lighting the [area]" achievements reset at the daily-reset time. Therefore, they will display in the achievement panel as not done.

What is the point of them resetting if they don't give any extra AP or any other reward past finishing them the first time? This is like making the JP achievements reset daily. It's completely redundant and needlessly confusing.

Criticism =/= "hate"

• There is actually a bug with the "Lighting the [area]" achievements and the meta achievement.

I did Frozen Pass, Legacy and Mountains yesterday and the day before that. If I look at the meta achievement now (Whisper in the Dark Mastery), these three achievements are no longer completed.

The meta achievement also states that I have completed 15. But if I count the ones that are completed according the the meta achievement, I have only 12.
    So it looks like it tracks the three achievements I mentioned I did yesterday, but reset them on the meta achievement anyway. Which smells like a bug to me.

It also looks like I have lost AP since yesterday, as another person wrote.

Also, if the "Lighting the [area]" achievement resets every day, shouldn't the AP reward say 0 and not 1 if I have done them once already? Shouldn't those achievement state that they are "infinite" aswell, as many other achievements like them?

• it seems like an untidy solution atm.

What happens if i have 4996 Achievements Points and make the Light Achievements to reach 5k Achievements Points. Do I get the 5k Chest with 400 Gems and next Day i am back to 4996 AP and can farm the 5k Chest again?

Free 400 gems per day baby!

And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'not today'.

• @roederich.2716 said:
    it seems like an untidy solution atm.

What happens if i have 4996 Achievements Points and make the Light Achievements to reach 5k Achievements Points. Do I get the 5k Chest with 400 Gems and next Day i am back to 4996 AP and can farm the 5k Chest again?

Free 400 gems per day baby!

Good question. They should fix this ASAP imo...

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's counting for my meta (and did so right away), but my AP vanished. I was now able to redo it, reward chests and all, and got the achievements a second time, but my 4 lost AP have still not returned.

• That's annoying. Completed puzzles on reset and got the 4 AP's back. Logged out and after patch i'm -4 AP's again. Now when I try to do the puzzles again it says "You've completed this light puzzle today. You can do it again but there will be no additional rewards for it." Now I have to wait for reset to get the 4 AP's back!!

• @Daysleeper.5769 said:
    That's annoying. Completed puzzles on reset and got the 4 AP's back. Logged out and after patch i'm -4 AP's again. Now when I try to do the puzzles again it says "You've completed this light puzzle today. You can do it again but there will be no additional rewards for it." Now I have to wait for reset to get the 4 AP's back!!

You won't get the +4AP back, until they fix the bug. You'll just go +4AP during the day, and then -4AP at reset. I'm close to a reward-chest AP score at the moment, so I'll give that a try and see if it does actually reward you with multiple AP reward chests too. If it does, Anet has their hands full to sort this out.

• Ra Ra.9423Ra Ra.9423 Member ✭✭✭

Please label the 'Lighting the [area]' achievements as Repeatable/Infinite, if they are reset daily. I couldn't tell that from looking at the achievement, so just thought it was a bug and it wasn't counted when I did those light puzzles. It should be treated similar to 'Additional Secrets of the Khan-Ur' achievement in Bound by Blood, in my opinion, to keep things consistent.

Admitted Alt-aholic
    Darkhaven, Asuran Gaters[ZPM]

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is what happens when you don't make a separate achievement for the daily completion.

• @Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    This is what happens when you don't make a separate achievement for the daily completion.

Agreed. If it was intended to reset daily (as it seems likely that it is) it should have been labelled as such. There's a "daily" section for a reason. Make it award 1 AP first time, and either set it to repeatable with 0 rewards, or have it reset each day making it clear that it gives 0 AP on subsequent completions.

Criticism =/= "hate"

• Kronos.3695Kronos.3695 Member ✭✭✭

Totally a bug, since I've done them yesterday, gained 4 APs and lost them today.

I suggest not doing them until a fix will be on its way.

Kronos Ledaloth
    Leader and founder of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Visit us at our website or facebook page!

• bugged for me too - I keep doing the puzzles daily but they keep resetting and I assume my lost 4 AP I dont get back as even though I complete them and it says 1AP my AP total does no increase - I have no idea what is going on

The funny thing is that the chests are not dependent on the achievements resetting so there was no reason to have them reset in the first place.

• if the reset is working as intended, can you please add it in the tooltip for the achivement.

As I understand, the light puzzles are meant to be repeated daily, fine. But IMO, for clarity purposes, it would be better to remove the 1 AP from the achievement window upon first completion of said puzzle (just like "Agent of entropy" for instance) ;)

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why do the achievement points still vanish at reset, then be regainable upon completing these achievements again the next day? It's an endless cycle.

Don't get me wrong, I would love this to be a repeatable achievement with a different reward (1 Eitrite Ingot?) - but I want my AP to stay for good.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2019

Lighting achievement done yesterday is reset and unchecked from Whisper in the Dark Mastery meta achievement.

• Trying to tell us THIS is intended? I strongly doubt having to redo 4 achievements on a daily basis to "maintain" a meta achievement is intended.. And why even reset the achievements? They don't come off as daily achievements in any way. :anguished:

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've done the achievments today. Got the 5AP and Title from Luminary, but not the 1AP from each individual puzzle.

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

• GreatWarlock.2350GreatWarlock.2350 Member
    edited November 26, 2019

Is there any news towards fixing this? I got the 4 done, and got Luminary, but I lost the AP.

The image shows before and after daily reset my AP & progress. https://imgur.com/Uoj3E1I
    -> hang on, image link didn't work, give me a min : 3

edited November 26, 2019

@GreatWarlock.2350 said:
    Is there any news towards fixing this? I got the 4 done, and got Luminary, but I lost the AP.

The image shows before and after daily reset my AP & progress.

• hang on, image link didn't work, give me a min :3

Since it’s part of new content there’s a good chance it will. Unfortunately it’s not critical so we’ll have to wait until December 3rd to see.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.