Light puzzle completions in Bjora Marches not counting for the meta - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Light puzzle completions in Bjora Marches not counting for the meta

2>

Comments

  • Yesterday, despite having finished all the light puzzles and having taken the relative achievement points, I find myself today with the achievements of the lght puzzles to be redone and the relative points removed from my total score.

  • same thing as the rest... Please fix this

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Bugged here as well. I had all 4 completed, now they are uncompleted.

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • Oh, so I'm not crazy then! I was sure I had lost some AP's the other day but since I didn't have a screenshot of the previous day, I chalked it up to "I've been playing too much and seeing things".

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    SO I've done them, but they are still saying incomplete and you get 1AP if I do them again. So I need to do them every day to keep getting 1AP? This isn't very clear at all

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Wasn't sure if my AP was affected so I waited a few days to see if it was.

    I started the Lighting achievements with 33,405 AP. As I did each of them I checked to see if my original value changed. It did not change at all while doing the puzzles. Then I logged to a different character, and on my character select screen it said 33,409 AP, which it now also says in-game.

    We'll see if it resets tomorrow but I don't think it's intended to take a while to give you credit for the AP earned.

    Disagreement =/= "negativity"
    Criticism =/= "hate"

  • So, has this been at least recognized as a bug? Because this Penelope's game , doing and undoing achs, is really annoying.

  • Rhea Ravenseeker.7105Rhea Ravenseeker.7105 Member ✭✭
    edited November 30, 2019

    @Keaven Freeman.6157 said:

    You don't get the chest if you've already done the puzzle that day, correct. I didn't decide what to put in the chests at the end of the light puzzles, so I can't speak to why they give out what they do, but the chests were always intended to be daily reward chests.

    There are a few issues here. Firstly, the evidence above of luminary being done and the individual puzzles not counted for the meta is clearly a bug [getting anet to acknowledge bugs seems to be against policy - presumably because they might feel they have to do something about it]. It is, in my opinion, also a design bug. If you have a collective achievement for having done all 4, then why include the individual ones in the meta? the collective suffices.

    Secondly, there is a bug in the way the achievement points are being handled. When you repeat the puzzles [I can't swear for how it worked when you did them the first time] you do not get AP at the time, but as soon as you rezone or relog, you get the 1 AP per puzzle. I have been doing this for days before I realised the next problem. These, however, then get removed at reset. Clearly what happened was that the earning of these additional AP was not intended [at least I really hope so, having 4 puzzles continuously awarding AP until the end of time is very bad design] and so rather than fix it properly they remove the AP at reset [which is also a really bad way of handling things, and may be what is causing a problem with the initial 4 AP that people are reporting].

    Finally, and this is just a design point for Keavan, having a group of 'daily reset' achievements [with or without AP] within a story achievement category is pretty unsatisfying for the way achievements are presented. Those who like to complete all achievements within any category like to be able to switch to the tab and see it complete. Having a few reset daily completely ruins this [note Desert Highlands and 'Breaking the Bank' as another example]. These really should not be achievements in the first place, but if you insist on having them then put them somewhere else, as you ended up doing for festival achievements.

    All in all, poor design which in turn has lead to bugs in implementation, which anet are unlikely to acknowledge but may stealth fix one day. Open communication not really a strong point unhappily.

  • The only reason I've gone to the map since catching this bug has been for the strike mission. It may seem like a little problem, but the fact that Anet hasn't acknowledged the bug within this thread or on the Known Issue Tracker, and it is not mentioned on the 12/3 patch notes... is honestly really disappointing. The forum posts on the achievement bug have 2,500 views, have been up for a week and a half, and they can't bother to write a quick: "Thank you for helping us pinpoint the issue. We are working on a fix and hope to have it fixed for the next patch."

  • It's baffling how you all (players not Anet) don't even use your brains. If you would have checked your achievement point score by hovering over it to see the daily+monthly score and the permanent score, you would've noticed that the +1 AP you get from each Light Puzzle counted towards the daily score, as they are daily reset puzzles. This is why the complainers are 'losing' AP on reset. Because you've already reached the daily cap of 15K and you can't cheat the game to getting more ap over it.

    This repeatable Light puzzle is made for those that haven't reached their 15k daily cap. So essentially , those can get up to 10+4 AP daily. Think of it like a boost to get to your account daily 15k cap faster.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sylvia.7530 said:
    The only reason I've gone to the map since catching this bug has been for the strike mission. It may seem like a little problem, but the fact that Anet hasn't acknowledged the bug within this thread or on the Known Issue Tracker, and it is not mentioned on the 12/3 patch notes... is honestly really disappointing. The forum posts on the achievement bug have 2,500 views, have been up for a week and a half, and they can't bother to write a quick: "Thank you for helping us pinpoint the issue. We are working on a fix and hope to have it fixed for the next patch."

    The 12/3 patch notes thread is a preview of some balance changes. It does not show everything that will be a part of that update.

  • @aleron.1438 said:
    It's baffling how you all (players not Anet) don't even use your brains. If you would have checked your achievement point score by hovering over it to see the daily+monthly score and the permanent score, you would've noticed that the +1 AP you get from each Light Puzzle counted towards the daily score, as they are daily reset puzzles. This is why the complainers are 'losing' AP on reset. Because you've already reached the daily cap of 15K and you can't cheat the game to getting more ap over it.

    This repeatable Light puzzle is made for those that haven't reached their 15k daily cap. So essentially , those can get up to 10+4 AP daily. Think of it like a boost to get to your account daily 15k cap faster.

    Oh they havent said anywere that these would count for daily, I thought it was an achivements that were supposed to be like old jump puzzles but were bugged.

  • Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm at 19/20 to getting the meta achieve for the map. However, I only have 15 showing as complete in the meta-list, so I think it did count those four towards my progress. That moves this to pretty much an annoyance rather than a progress blocker. It's been a holiday week and this isn't a game-killing bug* so I don't take their silence over the past little while as anything sinister, but I hope this gets fixed once they're back in full swing at work.

    *Not game-killing but potentially serious if people can proc multiple 400 gem ap chests by using the 4 AP ping-pong as mentioned in a previous post. Darksome, were you able to test that yet?

  • Miss Lana.5276Miss Lana.5276 Member ✭✭✭

    @aleron.1438 said:
    It's baffling how you all (players not Anet) don't even use your brains. If you would have checked your achievement point score by hovering over it to see the daily+monthly score and the permanent score, you would've noticed that the +1 AP you get from each Light Puzzle counted towards the daily score, as they are daily reset puzzles. This is why the complainers are 'losing' AP on reset. Because you've already reached the daily cap of 15K and you can't cheat the game to getting more ap over it.

    Considering it's not made clear in the hero panel that it counts towards the daily AP cap, I wouldn't say it's unreasonable for people not to have figured it out. I think it's unreasonable to label them as trying to "cheat the game", however.

    There's a "daily" achievements section for daily AP, and the light puzzles were not put there. We should not have to come to the forums to find out that it's not a bug, it's just a daily achievement, when there is a tab labeled dailies that's been in the game for years.

    Disagreement =/= "negativity"
    Criticism =/= "hate"

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2019

    edit: misread dev post

  • Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

    @Keaven Freeman.6157 said:

    @Ceriph.3518 said:

    @Keaven Freeman.6157 said:
    There are two achievements associated with those: the individual, "Light the [area]" achievement, and the collective, "Luminary" achievement. The individual ones are daily achievements and reset at the same time as other dailies. The "Luminary" achievement does not reset and tracks if you have ever done the individual achievements.

    I did all 4 Lighting the X achievements, got the Luminary title, but the Asgeir one, Lighting the Legacy is now grayed out like I didnt do it
    Proof: https://imgur.com/a/YA5vtbK

    As I said, the individual "Lighting the [area]" achievements reset at the daily-reset time. Therefore, they will display in the achievement panel as not done. However, this does not reset the meta tracking of ever having completed these achievements. The "Luminary" achievement (which tracks the completion of all the light puzzles), and the "Whisper in the Dark Mastery" achievement (which tracks the completion of all episode achievements) do not clear your record of ever having competed these "Lighting the [area]" achievements because they mark off that you've done it at least once.

    Why is there even ap added to the 4 achievements that reset. This makes no sense.

  • I don't see anything about this in the patch notes so I guess it hasn't been fixed :-( I didn't have the chance to try and see by myself...

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Probably a very low priority. If it’s not fixed by the 17th with the Wintersday update then chances are it’ll never get fixed and we’ll have to live with it.

  • Broken here too - did all 4 this morning, they reset after the update, 4ap lost (again).

  • Kronos.3695Kronos.3695 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Probably a very low priority. If it’s not fixed by the 17th with the Wintersday update then chances are it’ll never get fixed and we’ll have to live with it.

    It may be a low priority, but we're still talking about four achievements counting towards the completion of the living story journal meta.
    They'll have to find a fix or a solution, because right it's not only broken, but confusionary to the people that are not visiting the forums.

    Kronos Ledaloth
    Leader and founder of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Visit us at our website or facebook page!

  • @aleron.1438 said:
    It's baffling how you all (players not Anet) don't even use your brains. If you would have checked your achievement point score by hovering over it to see the daily+monthly score and the permanent score, you would've noticed that the +1 AP you get from each Light Puzzle counted towards the daily score, as they are daily reset puzzles. This is why the complainers are 'losing' AP on reset. Because you've already reached the daily cap of 15K and you can't cheat the game to getting more ap over it.

    This repeatable Light puzzle is made for those that haven't reached their 15k daily cap. So essentially , those can get up to 10+4 AP daily. Think of it like a boost to get to your account daily 15k cap faster.

    What is really baffling is how some people are prepared to call out others somewhat abusively without actually checking their own facts. But I guess by now you have realised you were being a kitten so there it is.

    For all others, what is happening is this [I have 4 accounts in different stages and have tested this out]:
    1: The four individual puzzles are shown in the meta, when you complete them they show as complete, but then at the end of the day they reset [both as achievements and as part of the meta]. HOWEVER, the total count for the meta is not reduced: they are still being counted for the total: you have not lost progress on the meta, so don't worry about that. This is essentially only a display bug.
    2: When you complete a puzzle, you are given a daily achievement point. If you do not have 15k combined daily and monthly then you will receive this point. Also, you will not lose it at day end. If you do have 15k, then you will not get this point because it is capped and as Keavan said, this is intended to be a daily, however badly it is placed and communicated.
    3: BUT, when you subsequently relog, remap or change character, you will ALSO get 1 AP in your permanent count. This is regardless of whether you are eligible for the daily or not. This is a bug and source of much of the confusion. This 1 AP should not have been given, and will be reversed at daily reset, presumably because they have some sort of daily recon going [yes, it would be really helpful if they would just tell us what's happening, but they are really lousy at communication - hangover from Gayle I believe, but that's only my experience].
    4: Multiply all the above by the number of puzzles you do [1-4].

    In short, you are not losing anything. The meta still counts them, the AP you lose at daily reset are only AP you should not have got in the first place.
    But yes, each of these issues are bugs, but unlikely to be addressed real soon because there is no actual loss. And yes, the myriad design issues behind this imply rushed, not carefully thought through, and not boding well for the future.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kronos.3695 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Probably a very low priority. If it’s not fixed by the 17th with the Wintersday update then chances are it’ll never get fixed and we’ll have to live with it.

    It may be a low priority, but we're still talking about four achievements counting towards the completion of the living story journal meta.
    They'll have to find a fix or a solution, because right it's not only broken, but confusionary to the people that are not visiting the forums.

    You complete all four achievements the same day and get the meta achievement reward. Since there's a workaround, I think that's why it'll be categorized as low priority.

  • Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

    @Rhea Ravenseeker.7105 said:

    @aleron.1438 said:
    It's baffling how you all (players not Anet) don't even use your brains. If you would have checked your achievement point score by hovering over it to see the daily+monthly score and the permanent score, you would've noticed that the +1 AP you get from each Light Puzzle counted towards the daily score, as they are daily reset puzzles. This is why the complainers are 'losing' AP on reset. Because you've already reached the daily cap of 15K and you can't cheat the game to getting more ap over it.

    This repeatable Light puzzle is made for those that haven't reached their 15k daily cap. So essentially , those can get up to 10+4 AP daily. Think of it like a boost to get to your account daily 15k cap faster.

    What is really baffling is how some people are prepared to call out others somewhat abusively without actually checking their own facts. But I guess by now you have realised you were being a kitten so there it is.

    For all others, what is happening is this [I have 4 accounts in different stages and have tested this out]:
    1: The four individual puzzles are shown in the meta, when you complete them they show as complete, but then at the end of the day they reset [both as achievements and as part of the meta]. HOWEVER, the total count for the meta is not reduced: they are still being counted for the total: you have not lost progress on the meta, so don't worry about that. This is essentially only a display bug.
    2: When you complete a puzzle, you are given a daily achievement point. If you do not have 15k combined daily and monthly then you will receive this point. Also, you will not lose it at day end. If you do have 15k, then you will not get this point because it is capped and as Keavan said, this is intended to be a daily, however badly it is placed and communicated.
    3: BUT, when you subsequently relog, remap or change character, you will ALSO get 1 AP in your permanent count. This is regardless of whether you are eligible for the daily or not. This is a bug and source of much of the confusion. This 1 AP should not have been given, and will be reversed at daily reset, presumably because they have some sort of daily recon going [yes, it would be really helpful if they would just tell us what's happening, but they are really lousy at communication - hangover from Gayle I believe, but that's only my experience].
    4: Multiply all the above by the number of puzzles you do [1-4].

    In short, you are not losing anything. The meta still counts them, the AP you lose at daily reset are only AP you should not have got in the first place.
    But yes, each of these issues are bugs, but unlikely to be addressed real soon because there is no actual loss. And yes, the myriad design issues behind this imply rushed, not carefully thought through, and not boding well for the future.

    Thanks for the excellent explanation for what is happening. To be honest, I'm not really sure why ANet decided to make these four light puzzles be dailies (since Daily AP is not exactly hard to come by and caps out eventually, and I believe you still get the daily chests from completing the puzzles each day anyway), but fine, whatever. I'll just do these four to get Luminary and then ignore their uncompleted status in the meta tracker.

  • Vanne.9061Vanne.9061 Member
    edited December 5, 2019

    Has anyone tried them since patch? Will we keep our ap?

  • @Zaxares.5419 said:

    @Rhea Ravenseeker.7105 said:

    @aleron.1438 said:
    It's baffling how you all (players not Anet) don't even use your brains. If you would have checked your achievement point score by hovering over it to see the daily+monthly score and the permanent score, you would've noticed that the +1 AP you get from each Light Puzzle counted towards the daily score, as they are daily reset puzzles. This is why the complainers are 'losing' AP on reset. Because you've already reached the daily cap of 15K and you can't cheat the game to getting more ap over it.

    This repeatable Light puzzle is made for those that haven't reached their 15k daily cap. So essentially , those can get up to 10+4 AP daily. Think of it like a boost to get to your account daily 15k cap faster.

    What is really baffling is how some people are prepared to call out others somewhat abusively without actually checking their own facts. But I guess by now you have realised you were being a kitten so there it is.

    For all others, what is happening is this [I have 4 accounts in different stages and have tested this out]:
    1: The four individual puzzles are shown in the meta, when you complete them they show as complete, but then at the end of the day they reset [both as achievements and as part of the meta]. HOWEVER, the total count for the meta is not reduced: they are still being counted for the total: you have not lost progress on the meta, so don't worry about that. This is essentially only a display bug.
    2: When you complete a puzzle, you are given a daily achievement point. If you do not have 15k combined daily and monthly then you will receive this point. Also, you will not lose it at day end. If you do have 15k, then you will not get this point because it is capped and as Keavan said, this is intended to be a daily, however badly it is placed and communicated.
    3: BUT, when you subsequently relog, remap or change character, you will ALSO get 1 AP in your permanent count. This is regardless of whether you are eligible for the daily or not. This is a bug and source of much of the confusion. This 1 AP should not have been given, and will be reversed at daily reset, presumably because they have some sort of daily recon going [yes, it would be really helpful if they would just tell us what's happening, but they are really lousy at communication - hangover from Gayle I believe, but that's only my experience].
    4: Multiply all the above by the number of puzzles you do [1-4].

    In short, you are not losing anything. The meta still counts them, the AP you lose at daily reset are only AP you should not have got in the first place.
    But yes, each of these issues are bugs, but unlikely to be addressed real soon because there is no actual loss. And yes, the myriad design issues behind this imply rushed, not carefully thought through, and not boding well for the future.

    Thanks for the excellent explanation for what is happening. To be honest, I'm not really sure why ANet decided to make these four light puzzles be dailies (since Daily AP is not exactly hard to come by and caps out eventually, and I believe you still get the daily chests from completing the puzzles each day anyway), but fine, whatever. I'll just do these four to get Luminary and then ignore their uncompleted status in the meta tracker.

    Honestly, so much confusion could've been avoided if these achievements were simply placed in the DAILY BJORA MARCHES category rather than under the permanent Whisper in the Dark achievements.
    I hate the incomplete look of achievement tabs.. Ugh. Hope for a fix sooner rather than later.

  • Kronos.3695Kronos.3695 Member ✭✭✭

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/93364/game-update-notes-december-3-2019#latest

    Fixed an issue that caused the completion of Light Puzzle achievements to reset daily.

    Kronos Ledaloth
    Leader and founder of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Visit us at our website or facebook page!

  • @aleron.1438 said:
    It's baffling how you all (players not Anet) don't even use your brains. If you would have checked your achievement point score by hovering over it to see the daily+monthly score and the permanent score, you would've noticed that the +1 AP you get from each Light Puzzle counted towards the daily score, as they are daily reset puzzles. This is why the complainers are 'losing' AP on reset. Because you've already reached the daily cap of 15K and you can't cheat the game to getting more ap over it.

    This repeatable Light puzzle is made for those that haven't reached their 15k daily cap. So essentially , those can get up to 10+4 AP daily. Think of it like a boost to get to your account daily 15k cap faster.

    It's actually more baffling the way you somehow interpret this bug into something related to the AP limit. In any case, the bug was fixed in today's patch, so we can all move on now.

  • @Rhea Ravenseeker.7105 said:
    For all others, what is happening is this [I have 4 accounts in different stages and have tested this out]:
    1: The four individual puzzles are shown in the meta, when you complete them they show as complete, but then at the end of the day they reset [both as achievements and as part of the meta]. HOWEVER, the total count for the meta is not reduced: they are still being counted for the total: you have not lost progress on the meta, so don't worry about that. This is essentially only a display bug.
    2: When you complete a puzzle, you are given a daily achievement point. If you do not have 15k combined daily and monthly then you will receive this point. Also, you will not lose it at day end. If you do have 15k, then you will not get this point because it is capped and as Keavan said, this is intended to be a daily, however badly it is placed and communicated.
    3: BUT, when you subsequently relog, remap or change character, you will ALSO get 1 AP in your permanent count. This is regardless of whether you are eligible for the daily or not. This is a bug and source of much of the confusion. This 1 AP should not have been given, and will be reversed at daily reset, presumably because they have some sort of daily recon going [yes, it would be really helpful if they would just tell us what's happening, but they are really lousy at communication - hangover from Gayle I believe, but that's only my experience].
    4: Multiply all the above by the number of puzzles you do [1-4].

    In short, you are not losing anything. The meta still counts them, the AP you lose at daily reset are only AP you should not have got in the first place.
    But yes, each of these issues are bugs, but unlikely to be addressed real soon because there is no actual loss. And yes, the myriad design issues behind this imply rushed, not carefully thought through, and not boding well for the future.

    Well, you're wrong in your assumption too, these are 4AP no matter what, and has nothing to do with the AP limit, just like we've all been saying - us confused players not using our brains. Even those who had not hit their AP limit lost their 4AP at reset, so I have no idea where this guesswork of linking this bug to the AP limit comes from, but it's simply not true. Fix is in today, and we can all get our 4AP now, regardless of AP limits.

  • Rhea Ravenseeker.7105Rhea Ravenseeker.7105 Member ✭✭
    edited December 5, 2019

    @darksome.1697 said:

    Well, you're wrong in your assumption too, these are 4AP no matter what, and has nothing to do with the AP limit, just like we've all been saying - us confused players not using our brains. Even those who had not hit their AP limit lost their 4AP at reset, so I have no idea where this guesswork of linking this bug to the AP limit comes from, but it's simply not true. Fix is in today, and we can all get our 4AP now, regardless of AP limits.

    You really did not read what I wrote, did you? The 4AP that you got in the daily count was not lost, the 4 AP you got in the permanent section was reversed. If you had not reached the daily limit you were receiving 8AP, 4 in the daily and 4 in the permanent, and then 4 were reversed out of permanent at daily reset. If you had reached the 15k limit for dailies, you were only receiving 4 in permanent, which were reversed out, and which you were presumably never meant to receive in the first place. And by the way, none of this was "guesswork". As I stated, I tested it out thoroughly, everything I said was observed.

    Who knows what happens now that it has been 'fixed', but I will test and see.

    EDIT: The immediate update is that the AP are now immediately in the permanent, and remapping / reloading has no effect. No AP is given in the daily, regardless of whether you have reached the cap or not. Will need to wait for reset to test 2 things: 1: does reset affect anything, and 2: will the puzzles reset again allowing additional AP to be earned.

  • darksome.1697darksome.1697 Member ✭✭
    edited December 5, 2019

    @Rhea Ravenseeker.7105 said:

    @darksome.1697 said:

    Well, you're wrong in your assumption too, these are 4AP no matter what, and has nothing to do with the AP limit, just like we've all been saying - us confused players not using our brains. Even those who had not hit their AP limit lost their 4AP at reset, so I have no idea where this guesswork of linking this bug to the AP limit comes from, but it's simply not true. Fix is in today, and we can all get our 4AP now, regardless of AP limits.

    You really did not read what I wrote, did you? The 4AP that you got in the daily count was not lost, the 4 AP you got in the permanent section was reversed. If you had not reached the daily limit you were receiving 8AP, 4 in the daily and 4 in the permanent, and then 4 were reversed out of permanent at daily reset. If you had reached the 15k limit for dailies, you were only receiving 4 in permanent, which were reversed out, and which you were presumably never meant to receive in the first place. And by the way, none of this was "guesswork". As I stated, I tested it out thoroughly, everything I said was observed.

    Who knows what happens now that it has been 'fixed', but I will test and see.

    EDIT: The immediate update is that the AP are now immediately in the permanent, and remapping / reloading has no effect. No AP is given in the daily, regardless of whether you have reached the cap or not. Will need to wait for reset to test 2 things: 1: does reset affect anything, and 2: will the puzzles reset again allowing additional AP to be earned.

    I'm sorry but your tests and observations were wrong. I hit the 15k AP limit a long long time ago. And I'm talking about the individual +1AP for each of the four puzzles here, nothing else. Before the patch, I did the four puzzles, got the +1AP for each (for a total of +4AP). Then at reset I lost the +1AP for each I had gotten (for a total of -4AP), and the puzzles were reset.

    Did the 4 puzzles today after the fix, again, and got the +1AP for each, working just like it should. I actually did one yesterday before reset, which I usually did do during this time just to see if they had stealth fixed it or not - and that +1 AP was not lost when I logged on after the patch today, and the puzzle had not reset, so now it works. You get +1AP for each puzzle, and won't lose -1AP for each puzzle at reset. This has nothing to do with the AP limit whatsoever, or I would not have received the AP. Simple as that.

  • Kronos.3695Kronos.3695 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2019

    @Rhea Ravenseeker.7105 said:

    @darksome.1697 said:

    Well, you're wrong in your assumption too, these are 4AP no matter what, and has nothing to do with the AP limit, just like we've all been saying - us confused players not using our brains. Even those who had not hit their AP limit lost their 4AP at reset, so I have no idea where this guesswork of linking this bug to the AP limit comes from, but it's simply not true. Fix is in today, and we can all get our 4AP now, regardless of AP limits.

    You really did not read what I wrote, did you? The 4AP that you got in the daily count was not lost, the 4 AP you got in the permanent section was reversed. If you had not reached the daily limit you were receiving 8AP, 4 in the daily and 4 in the permanent, and then 4 were reversed out of permanent at daily reset. If you had reached the 15k limit for dailies, you were only receiving 4 in permanent, which were reversed out, and which you were presumably never meant to receive in the first place. And by the way, none of this was "guesswork". As I stated, I tested it out thoroughly, everything I said was observed.

    Who knows what happens now that it has been 'fixed', but I will test and see.

    EDIT: The immediate update is that the AP are now immediately in the permanent, and remapping / reloading has no effect. No AP is given in the daily, regardless of whether you have reached the cap or not. Will need to wait for reset to test 2 things: 1: does reset affect anything, and 2: will the puzzles reset again allowing additional AP to be earned.

    I'm sorry, but as I said earlier for me the bug was clear: the achievements were resetting and threated like dailies, but the 4APs weren't given as dailies at all.
    I was one the first in the game to hit the dailies cap years ago and, as expected, these achievements got fixed giving me 4APs outside the dailies.

    You've built your theory/explanation around nothing.

    Kronos Ledaloth
    Leader and founder of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Visit us at our website or facebook page!

  • @Kronos.3695 said:

    ...... but the 4APs weren't given as dailies at all. ......
    .... You've built your theory/explanation around nothing.

    The point is that yes they were. As I clearly explained, people like you [and 2 of my accounts] who had reached 15K were not getting daily AP, but anyone who had not reached 15K [including my other 2 accounts] were receiving daily AP on completion of the puzzle in addition to the permanent AP that was given on remapping. Everything that I explained as happening was happening, this was not theory, it was observation of facts. Possibly not of use to you but useful to anyone who had not reached 15K.

    The only 'theory', then, is whether anything that was happening was actually intended or not. Specifically whether we were intended to receive and retain the permanent AP. Early in this thread we have an arenanet employee stating quite categorically that the individual puzzle achievements are intended to be daily and will reset at daily reset. I have based any conclusion of what should happen on a statement from anet, the only information we received from them on this topic. I've not just made it up. I also made several observations that if this was the intended design it is really bad design.

    Now that they have patched it, I agree with darksome's observation about what is now happening. The achievements are being treated as permanent achievements, AP is given on completion, the AP persist and the achievement is not repeatable [although the puzzle is].