I'm randomly losing gold for no reason!

Starting just a couple days ago my account has been losing gold for no apparent reason. For instance, today I logged in at 2:30pm. I had 33 gold. I went and did bounties for 30 minutes. I used my Elonian teleport scroll to go back to Lily of the Elon, checked my gold amount and had 28g! I haven't spent gold on anything in the trading post for 3 days. How can I of suddenly lost 5 gold in 30 minutes? Something is wrong here. I'm just randomly losing gold for no reason! Please help!

Also, yes I have changed my password. I don't think someone has gotten into my account because it would notify me both by email and text if someone had tried to log in. Not to mention my password is like 11 characters long with random letters and numbers.

You lose gold from waypointing. Other thing is mbe at a vendor you accidentally clicked something....It could be many things tbh. Could be a delay in your mouse or the game made you click something without knowing. Unfortunately everyone has to start with telling you somehting like that.....we can only trust that you mean what you say, not whether it is true or not.Its hard to believe someone else could be logged into your account siphoning your gold while you yourself are logged in playing.

Good way to confirm is to record. Or just in general go about your daily business but snapshot ur gold at the start.....then see what you end up with at the end of your session and see if it adds up and snapshot that. And in general you should try logging in and not interacting with npc or waypointing....and see if after a while ur gold goes down or not.

I believe we are having occasional rollbacks. There are a zillion patches to the new PoF addon, some happening several times in a nights play and I have anecdotal evidence of rollbacks between them. However, I have one certain example.

I play wvw only for the daily, and sometime the past week got a random ascended chest (Zintl). Later, when clearing bags for then night, I delightedly opened and eqipped the weapon. It was on a 2nd account, so no crafters to make one, and only one character, built just for a druid healer, so I clearly remember getting an Ascended healer staff correctly. I intended to make the converter part on another account, pass it over, and turn it into a full healer staff in the mystic forge.

A day later, I played the character again, and it was back to it's exotic staff. There in my inventory was my unopened Zintl chest. I considered it a skate save that I got rolled back to only before the chest opening, and not to before the acquisition. (I didn't recognize it when I got it, only later when I cleared bags for the night.)

I would never have noticed if it were random junk loot, or gold either, because I have been in the game a long time and don't pay attention to that level of detail any more.

Archived