xxxxxxxxxx — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

xxxxxxxxxx

Flandre.2870Flandre.2870 Member ✭✭✭
edited May 7, 2020 in PVP

xxxxxxxxxx

Comments

  • dDuff.3860dDuff.3860 Member ✭✭✭

    Am I allowed to change amulet/rune/sigils and weaponsets?

  • Tharan.9085Tharan.9085 Member ✭✭✭

    @dDuff.3860 I guess yes because it was allowed in their last tournament

  • Flandre.2870Flandre.2870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2020

    xxxxxxxxxx

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Please tell us which class is the eventual winner

  • FyzE.3472FyzE.3472 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Please tell us which class is the eventual winner

    I doubt that it will not be one certain pink butterfly using one.

  • asterix.9614asterix.9614 Member ✭✭✭

    Rampage pretty much ruined everything last time, saw some skilled people in the match as well using non meta builds. It was nice that out of all that pool of rampage using wars (including Tramadex) you could see the skilled people would outplay the brainless rampage users.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Such racism and discrimination towards our overlords, the mirage.

  • Flandre.2870Flandre.2870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2020

    xxxxxxxxxx

  • dominik.9721dominik.9721 Member ✭✭✭

    Do we have to be well known wintraders and alt acc abusers like miaz to participate?

  • >

    Usage of rampage is banned
    
    Usage of condition amulet while playing mirage is banned.
    

    What about engi elixir X? Perma stealth DE? There are more than 2 toxic builds that ruin competitive 1v1s.

  • Actually not bad content, thx.

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So what class was the winner playing?

  • s/f condi weaver

  • Guessing no one played a sage s/d weaver to knock him out the tournament then:)

  • Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

    He played Earth traitline, so with Diamond Skin and Stone Heart he had counters against both power and condi that he could switch between.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Weaver eh
    Not surprising in the least.

  • bighead.3465bighead.3465 Member ✭✭✭

    @Falan.1839 said:
    He played Earth traitline, so with Diamond Skin and Stone Heart he had counters against both power and condi that he could switch between.

    It was cute seeing you complain about weaver, a class that actually requires intelligent rotations, while you played braindead holosmith. You got rocked lmaoooo

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @bighead.3465 said:

    @Falan.1839 said:
    He played Earth traitline, so with Diamond Skin and Stone Heart he had counters against both power and condi that he could switch between.

    It was cute seeing you complain about weaver, a class that actually requires intelligent rotations, while you played braindead holosmith. You got rocked lmaoooo

    Hey! Why didn't u join and dominate this comp?
    :)

  • bighead.3465bighead.3465 Member ✭✭✭

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @bighead.3465 said:

    @Falan.1839 said:
    He played Earth traitline, so with Diamond Skin and Stone Heart he had counters against both power and condi that he could switch between.

    It was cute seeing you complain about weaver, a class that actually requires intelligent rotations, while you played braindead holosmith. You got rocked lmaoooo

    Hey! Why didn't u join and dominate this comp?
    :)

    I play BDO nw's at this time and Im currently banned perm NA and temp banned for one more week EU, which I guess is because of my video footage? haven't used the account in over two months yet it shows me as banned for offensive language.
    I've beaten your main.
    And I've beaten your alt.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @bighead.3465 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @bighead.3465 said:

    @Falan.1839 said:
    He played Earth traitline, so with Diamond Skin and Stone Heart he had counters against both power and condi that he could switch between.

    It was cute seeing you complain about weaver, a class that actually requires intelligent rotations, while you played braindead holosmith. You got rocked lmaoooo

    Hey! Why didn't u join and dominate this comp?
    :)

    I play BDO nw's at this time and Im currently banned perm NA and temp banned for one more week EU, which I guess is because of my video footage? haven't used the account in over two months yet it shows me as banned for offensive language.
    I've beaten your main.
    And I've beaten your alt.

    Uve beaten my main and alt? I think u meant that for someone else cuz I dont compete so lol.
    What do u play on bdo? I just started a musa.

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So is Weaver the strongest 1 vs 1 class now?
    Or is it just a matter of difference in skill level between the winner and the rest?

  • @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    So is Weaver the strongest 1 vs 1 class now?
    Or is it just a matter of difference in skill level between the winner and the rest?

    There were at least 2 Fire Weavers in the tournament who lost their duel: one lost to core necro, and the other lost to warrior.

    The guy who won the tournament was Sikieki, member of the top team that regularly wins EU monthly ATs. He could've played any current meta class and still have a very high chance of winning that tournament.

    So to answer your question: he won due to difference in skill between him and other less experienced players. The weaver is one of the better 1v1 classes right now but not the best, it's on the same level as other meta-builds like Warrior, Holo, Mirage, Symbolbrand, etc. etc. and can be easily countered, outplayed due to skill difference, or punished for mistakes.

  • Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2019

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    So is Weaver the strongest 1 vs 1 class now?
    Or is it just a matter of difference in skill level between the winner and the rest?

    It is the hardest to kill simply, and the map forces an end after 2 minutes with gas mechanic. In an actual conquest map that build would just stall a lot of 1v1s. Also 1v1 is a lot about counters, I suspect a Core Warr could probably beat the build (at least until Tuesday when the anti barrier trait is nerfed), but he didn't face that. He faced a warr, but since traitline switching wasn't allowed the warr had to remain on SPB, which doesn't do great against that build.