why can i not leave a public strike mission — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

why can i not leave a public strike mission

toucan.6358toucan.6358 Member ✭✭

do i have to lay on the ground for 5 min doing f all, let me leave the instance wtsf

Comments

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can't you waypoint out?

• its instanced so dont think u can, we were all dead and we had this 1 guy trying to solo the kitten thing for 3 minutes

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Did you try logging out? There are some logistics that need smoothing our with public missions I agree

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Isnt there a portal you can take that allows you exit? I joined a public by accident (miss click) and was able to turn right around and walk out the same portal.

@Roamer.3259 said:
    Isnt there a portal you can take that allows you exit? I joined a public by accident (miss click) and was able to turn right around and walk out the same portal.

Yes but not when dead

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Randulf.7614 said:

@Roamer.3259 said:
    Isnt there a portal you can take that allows you exit? I joined a public by accident (miss click) and was able to turn right around and walk out the same portal.

Yes but not when dead

Ah, wasn't aware of that, good to know for future reference.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Roamer.3259 said:

Yes but not when dead

Ah, yeah you can't res during the fight presumably to stop people corpse rushing the boss.

So the only thing you could do is open the world map and waypoint out of the zone? You can always waypoint to another zone I think. You most likely won't be able to get back to a public strike though.

edited November 20, 2019

You can prob use a map scroll, home instance portal, guild hall port, wvw port

• Yargesh.4965Yargesh.4965 Member ✭✭✭

You are in combat while dead, so you cannot wp out.

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

You can't usually use these while dead.

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭✭

OP, didn you try logging out and back in? that usually works for instances.

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

You can't usually use these while dead.

Good point. Not sure why I thought you could

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Taygus.4571 said:
    OP, didn you try logging out and back in? that usually works for instances.

Dont work you get put right back in the public squad after reloging.

Happened to me when trying to command a strike and accidently joined public instead of squad one.

• Nunya.4920Nunya.4920 Member ✭✭
    edited January 18, 2021

@toucan.6358 said:
    do i have to lay on the ground for 5 min doing f all, let me leave the instance wtsf

Still can't get out of them without logging out, then back in with a Different Character. I logged out and back in with the same character, and it put me Right Back in the same instance that I had left. Also trolls clicking the npc to start second part in public missions, like in clicking on Caithe in BW, then not helping.

• I don't use public instances of the DRM's anymore. Too many people like to enter and then go AFK.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

@toucan.6358 said:

In the minimap if you click on the portal icons it asks if you want to leave.

So far, Icebrood Saga weapon collections cost 3845 Gold to craft!
    *Does not include Volcanic Stormcaller set, Runic Armor, or Icebrood Infusion.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@toucan.6358 said:

In the minimap if you click on the portal icons it asks if you want to leave.

There is nothing like this in public strike missions or dragon response missions.

• Cuks.8241Cuks.8241 Member ✭✭✭

You should be able to use the waypoints in an instance to ress.

@Cuks.8241 said:
    You should be able to use the waypoints in an instance to ress.

They did not want to revive they wanted to leave instance.

• Solitude.2097Solitude.2097 Member ✭✭
    edited January 20, 2021

Should there be a waypoint outside the instance , for those who want to leave

• a (majority) vote , (while dead -after 45 sec) to reset boss , in order to avoid a single player stalling
    • stacks of "The graspaing Dead" that as long you are not doing enought dps/heal /stay afk you get kicked
    • If you die you will respawn constatly as a "critter or ghost " that does 1/5 of the damage damage (still learning the mechanics) for 30 sec with 60 cd , and when the enrage mechanics starts >you can no longer respewn , or you must bring somebuffs around the map , otherwise you get kicked ?

Little pissed at some1
    I will wait 1,5 mnth for his answer...
    Otherwise in November ...