Unable to get Ice-Bound achievement to trigger — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Unable to get Ice-Bound achievement to trigger

I'm unable to get the Ice-Bound achievement to work. All the tooltip says is I need to begin an episode of the Icebrood Saga, which I've done. I've completed both the prologue and the new story. I restarted my game and tried a second playthrough but still nothing. On Reddit when I asked, I was told it pops around the point that you have to touch the raven pillar in the first part of the story, but after trying twice now, nothing has triggered. I submitted a bug report, but has anyone else had this issue or know what could be happening?

For 1 AP I couldn't care less... but for 1 mastery point that is already hard to come by? I want it. :anguished:

Comments

• I got the AP and the Mastery but when I try to use the Raven Pillar to open the door to exit, it tells me I need to explore some more. I have investigated every body and collected all of the items I can and still can't get out.

• @Aerial Melodies.4938 said:
    I'm unable to get the Ice-Bound achievement to work. All the tooltip says is I need to begin an episode of the Icebrood Saga, which I've done. I've completed both the prologue and the new story. I restarted my game and tried a second playthrough but still nothing. On Reddit when I asked, I was told it pops around the point that you have to touch the raven pillar in the first part of the story, but after trying twice now, nothing has triggered. I submitted a bug report, but has anyone else had this issue or know what could be happening?

For 1 AP I couldn't care less... but for 1 mastery point that is already hard to come by? I want it. :anguished:

There was another person who reported the same thing in a different location on the forum. Anet is aware and looking into it.

• @Talondir.4965 said:
    I got the AP and the Mastery but when I try to use the Raven Pillar to open the door to exit, it tells me I need to explore some more. I have investigated every body and collected all of the items I can and still can't get out.

Try loading out of this chapter into a previous chapter and then going back and doing it again (that's what some people on the other post have found that works). Anet is aware of the problem and will be putting in a fix.

• Thanks, all! I didn't see another post. They asked me for some screenshots so I sent them along and, despite trying this on multiple characters and going in/out of different stories, nothing seems to get it to proc for me. Hopefully they fix soon! I'll have to find a different final mastery to get in the meantime to complete the current ones we can do.

• Well... the patch didn't fix the achievement progress.

• I also have the same problem... :'(

• yep sadly new patch didnt fix it it seems.

• To the extent that it is useful at all, I just wanted to pop in and say that I am also having this problem; no mastery or AP pop despite fully completing both the Prologue and the first episode (and getting the mastery for completing the first episode).

• Ana.2415Ana.2415 Member ✭✭✭

I did full story and I didnt get the achivement nor the mastery point.

• I also did full story and i didnt get the achivement nor the mastery point

• yep sadly new patch didnt fix it it seems. :s

• its been days now. zero fix. its starting to get on my nerves.

• For what it's worth, support got back to me and said Anet is aware of the issue and is trying to work through a fix. Doesn't say when, but hopefully soon. I wound up doing some other things for the mastery points I still needed, but it'd be nice to get the easy freebie. :)

• I have the same problem. Tried it on 3 different charcters, also tried the "start episode then exit and re-enter" without any success.
    I worked around the missing mastery point by crafting the weapons, but that can hardly be considered a solution.

• @Aerial Melodies.4938 said:

Yes same issue here

• Might have been easier, or less costly, to have completed one of the other available extra Mastery Points as there are 10 available, and you need only 8.

• same to me, couldn't get achievement "ice-bound" - did story twice

• fenrir.1629fenrir.1629 Member
    edited November 23, 2019

There are 11 available, 2 inside the weapons collection (first one for 4 weapons, rank3, second for all of them), one for 15 times the meta, so if one of the other ones is missing and 15 times meta is a bit much, this is the only option.

• I think you are mistaken. There are 10 Mastery Points available; any Achievement that awards a Mastery Point has the Mastery Point icon at the bottom.

• I have the first MP from that collection and it still shows another one.

• @fenrir.1629 said:
    I have the same problem. Tried it on 3 different charcters, also tried the "start episode then exit and re-enter" without any success.
    I worked around the missing mastery point by crafting the weapons, but that can hardly be considered a solution.

Same here. I too crafted the weapons to finally be able to finish the masteries. I don´t think this is a minor bug and contacted the support who told me that this is a known problem they are working on... :p

• Same problem. You are not alone.

• Keeping this thread alive. Same here as well. Tried all of the above suggestions and nothing. Still waiting for a fix.

• Icyfer.1647Icyfer.1647 Member
    edited November 26, 2019

I have the same problem too,
    I thought it was a bug because this is what I did:
    I used teleport to a friend just to enter the map, got a few mastery points, used them on the first few mastery tracks(Raven Attunement)
    then I started the episode for the first time, didn't get "Ice-Bound" when I pick up the scepter.

edit: I tried this on a few more of my characters, same result.

• @Icyfer.1647 said:
    I used teleport to a friend just to enter the map, got a few mastery points, used them on the first few mastery tracks(Raven Attunement)
    then I started the episode for the first time, didn't get "Ice-Bound" when I pick up the scepter.

Same thing happened to me and I think it could have something to do with the bug. I always do the new story with friends, but two of them can't start until an hour after reset usually. I'm home earlier, so I port to another friend who has already done story and is on the new map. It's never caused trouble before, but there's a first time for everything... I'm the only one in my group to NOT get the achievement, so my guess is porting to the map prior to doing the story is one issue.

• @Icyfer.1647 said:

Arenat, please read this!
    This seems to be the issue that triggered the bug. I had a problem with starting the story because there where no NPCs to interact with at the Black Citadel.
    Therefore I used a teleport to friend to enter the new map and began levelling the masteries.
    I hope we will have a solution to this, soon. Anet, please let me not lose ALL hope in you!

• @Lindoniel.1726 said:

@Icyfer.1647 said:

Arenat, please read this!
    This seems to be the issue that triggered the bug. I had a problem with starting the story because there where no NPCs to interact with at the Black Citadel.
    Therefore I used a teleport to friend to enter the new map and began levelling the masteries.
    I hope we will have a solution to this, soon. Anet, please let me not lose ALL hope in you!

I just have the same problem by the same reason, i used teleport to a friend and then got a few masteryes and used them for mastery tracks. Then i did the story and didnt get Ice-Bound achiv and mastery.

• Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2019

I did not get the Ice-Bound achievement even though I have finished the story. I started it in a party with another person, and they got the achievement as soon as we finished the first part. They were the person who started the story. I am now up to "The Invitation". There is a green story "use this device" active on the Raven, but I have the normal purple "Replay" options showing as well. I can't interact with the Raven as the "Replay" options are taking priority. I am unable to use the statute at all, even when I "Close" the "Replay" dialog box.

I have taken a screenshot so you can see the problem: https://imgur.com/qQDPy8y

That one easy mastery point eludes me. :(

• If you are looking for assistance, you will need to contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

I managed to activate the green story star by standing on the rock next to it, and did the rest of the story. Because I had already done it, I got the completed shield and crossed swords for the end, with no items (as per normal). And it's still not crediting me with that achievement. And when I try to replay it, it asks me if I'm sure because I'll lose some progress. :(

I've opened a support ticket, as you suggested. I am interested if anyone else has experienced this problem.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2019

Yes, there's a thread(s) about the achievement.

Here's a walkthrough:

After some introductory dialogue, enter the northern building with Braham. The door will lock behind you. To escape, wait for the door into General's Quarters to open and pick up the Ancient Scepter on the table; this will complete the Ice-Bound achievement (see below), granting you an Icebrood Saga mastery point. Use it to unlock the Raven Bond mastery, then interact with the Raven Totem to unlock the exit.

It always says you will lose progress, if you've not completed every chapter first.

Yes, done all that. I managed to interact with the scepter the second time through. Still no AP or mastery point.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2019

Bump: any bugfix coming for this one? No response from support and no replies from Anet in this thread.

• @Hesione.9412 said:
    Bump: any bugfix coming for this one? No response from support and no replies from Anet in this thread.

I got an answer from the support that states that "they are still working on solving the problem and that a patch would be coming soon." That was on December, 1.
    There have been 2 patches since then and I am beginning to lose hope… :o

@Lindoniel.1726 said:
    I got an answer from the support that states that "they are still working on solving the problem and that a patch would be coming soon." That was on December, 1.
    There have been 2 patches since then and I am beginning to lose hope… :o

Same, I'm also waiting on the broken Domain of Istan bounty, along with a bunch of other people. :(