Fun with screenshots — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Community Creations

Fun with screenshots

I stopped playing for months because my old computer couldn't handle the expansions, but recently I went back to my old screenshots and started poking fun at them. Here is a test. Please post yours too :P

Comments

  • Love it:)! Thumbs up from me!

    Speedylord
    (UwU OwO)

  • @Leo.3428 said:
    @Speedylord.2798 - Thanks! Do you have any funny screenshots to share? Or shots that could be turned funny by adding some text?

    Here is another one:

    I got two screens worth sharing I think:)
    https://imgur.com/a/Hr1mUe6
    The second one was intended to be a "beam me up Scotty" joke:D

    Speedylord
    (UwU OwO)

  • Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019

    @Speedylord.2798 said:
    I got two screens worth sharing I think:)
    https://imgur.com/a/Hr1mUe6
    The second one was intended to be a "beam me up Scotty" joke:D

    Hehe, the "chilling in Grothmar Valley" postcard :]
    I'd been trying to make a beam-me-up image with my funny asura warrior in a vista beam but yours is epic.
    You know, you can make your images display directly on the forum by using the second URL that imgur provides and pasting it into the image tool of the forum editor.
    Do you want me to have a go at editing your images and insert some text, and what text? I picture some funny dialog between the characters and also the bear on the first one. And do you imagine the beam-me-up image cropped vertically?
    Unfortunately the forum now displays the images no more than 400 pixels high with no click function to display them full size. One has to "Open in new tab" on the context menu.

  • @Leo.3428 said:

    @Speedylord.2798 said:
    I got two screens worth sharing I think:)
    https://imgur.com/a/Hr1mUe6
    The second one was intended to be a "beam me up Scotty" joke:D

    Hehe, the "chilling in Grothmar Valley" postcard :]
    I'd been trying to make a beam-me-up image with my funny asura warrior in a vista beam but yours is epic.
    You know, you can make your images display directly on the forum by using the second URL that imgur provides and pasting it into the image tool of the forum editor.
    Do you want me to have a go at editing your images and insert some text, and what text? I picture some funny dialog between the characters and also the bear on the first one. And do you imagine the beam-me-up image cropped vertically?
    Unfortunately the forum now displays the images no more than 400 pixels high with no click function to display them full size. One has to "Open in new tab" on the context menu.

    Thx, I'm glad you like them!
    Feel free to edit/add text to them if you want:)!
    For the beam me up picture I used the piece of land underneath the Fractals of the Mists portal in Lion's Arch btw^
    I would insert the picture link if I still had the links, but I posted them without an imgur account so I don't really know If I'm able to insert them anymore hehe

    Speedylord
    (UwU OwO)

  • Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2019

    @Speedylord.2798 - I think you can recover the image URL from the imgur page by opening the image in a new tab and copying the URL in the URL bar.
    I haven't started editing your images yet. When I do, I'll send you the links in a PM so you can post them yourself.
    PS: I'll stop posting images until that new auto sizing is removed or they add an easy way to display them full size.

  • Speedylord.2798Speedylord.2798 Member ✭✭
    edited December 10, 2019


    Beam me up!

    Speedylord
    (UwU OwO)

  • Gryphon.2875Gryphon.2875 Member ✭✭✭

    This one is... right off the game.


  • Chilling with Charr!

    Speedylord
    (UwU OwO)

  • ieva.5497ieva.5497 Member ✭✭




    Here are mine (more screens at GW2 Style)

  • Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2020

    Thank you all for posting your shots!
    @anninke.7469 - Wow, the text takes it to the next level!
    @ieva.5497 - I checked your link and realized these are totally unedited.
    I'm so glad the forum now displays the images larger than tiny thumbnails. Here is one more:

  • Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭

    That's one disconcerting fern silvari centaur hound thing :D

    Here's a recent one (also, guess the place):

  • anninke.7469anninke.7469 Member ✭✭✭

    I think this one speaks for itself

    Do not fear difficulty. Hard ground makes sore feet.
    All things...grow. And the blossom bothers the weed.
    Act with wisdom and axe.

  • Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭

    @anninke.7469 said:
    I think this one speaks for itself

    I'm having a hard time untangling this one :D

    Talking of entanglement, here are the adventures of Zatsit the tiny warrior who wanted to be big:

  • Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭

    A new adventure begins...

    Page 1

    Page 2

    Page 3

  • Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭

    Fifth scroll:

  • Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2020

    Sadly, I can't find the amazing flying bristleback I screenshotted long ago, but here's some stuff:

    Ice Fishing in Bitterfrost Frontier: where the fish hunt you.

    New Mount: The Wheelogriff!

    Can you guess where this is taken?

    Nothing weird about this one, I just really like it somehow. Anyone have a great caption for it?

  • Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭

    @Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 - The wheelogriff also looks like a winged snail, awesome!
    The mystery shot I would guess some remote corner of HoT but I haven't completed it yet.
    What's the context behind the last one? This can help come up with a caption.

  • @Leo.3428 said:
    @Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 - The wheelogriff also looks like a winged snail, awesome!
    The mystery shot I would guess some remote corner of HoT but I haven't completed it yet.
    What's the context behind the last one? This can help come up with a caption.

    The mystery shot is not in HoT, but it's somewhere I'm sure VERY few players have ended up in. Happened by accident. B)
    Pretty sure the last one was a key farmer doing the Level 10 story: I have no idea exactly what part or why I screened it, but love the grin on the char and the little sparklies.

  • Nothing weird about this one, I just really like it somehow. Anyone have a great caption for it?

    Your time is up, sparkleboy!

  • @Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 said:

    Can you guess where this is taken?

    Okay, guess I will address the mystery pic before this thread vanishes to the back pages...

    One day I was in Dry Top doing the event where you fight mordrem while the destroyed Vine Bridge is re-planted. So, I was standing on the cliff edge, just in the wrong/right place when the event ended, and the new vine sprouted around me and I was stuck inside the vine! I was like, "Wow, I'll probably never be able to get in here again, even if I want to," so I made some screenshots to commemorate the weirdness before waypointing out.
  • Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭

    @Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 said:
    Pretty sure the last one was a key farmer doing the Level 10 story

    OK. I would venture: "The key's mine! Mwahahaha!"
    With some charr lore added there must be a way to make a funnier caption.

    @Coeruleum.9164 said:
    Your time is up, sparkleboy!

    As in "ending the farmer before the key?"

    @Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 said:
    The mystery shot is not in HoT, but it's somewhere I'm sure VERY few players have ended up in. Happened by accident. B) (...)
    Okay, guess I will address the mystery pic before this thread vanishes to the back pages...

    Thanks for revealing it. I was trying to remember some hidden tunnels around the Grove, but that wasn't it. So can we conclude that the inner side of the some 3D faces have textures too? That's some attention to detail.

  • Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭

    Sixth scroll:

  • Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭

    Seventh scroll:

    Eighth scroll: