Help beating Weavers — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Help beating Weavers

Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

Lately I've been having issues winning these fights.

At least a 95% uptime on 25 might, awesome mobility, awesome damage, barrier and heals for days (i would get them to like 10% and next thing ya know, back up to 100%) and cleanses.

A condi mirage and a DPS ranger couldn't take them down. There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

Any idea how to fight these god mode weavers?

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
twitch.tv/TRMC
Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

<1

Comments

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Lately I've been having issues winning these fights.

    At least a 95% uptime on 25 might, awesome mobility, awesome damage, barrier and heals for days (i would get them to like 10% and next thing ya know, back up to 100%) and cleanses.

    A condi mirage and a DPS ranger couldn't take them down. There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

    Any idea how to fight these god mode weavers?

    using best food?

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Interrupts. Lots and lots of interrupts. There is a particular kind of melee combo weaver that is practically impossible to beat - even if you get them low in hp they just heal up to 100 in seconds, tons of evades, reflects and teleport. Unless you got bursts on very low cd, you're never keeping up with that.

    The trick is to interrupt them when low and keep doing it. When I run on my core engie, I can handle most of them ok - even if I'm condi and they are anti-condi and anti-range - but for the ones that are really good you basicly got one shot with moa to beat them and thats it. If you miss (or moa yourself huehue) you may as well disengage cause cd is too high to do it again.

    If you fight them with multiple people never ever stack. The AoE combo fields will be what kills you. You'll want to have someone very good at facetanking up front and the rest kite.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019

    Boon strip. I wreck them using an interrupt thief with Absorption and Draining on P/P along with boon strip on steal. Sword thieves make short work of boon builds thanks to Larcenous Strike. Let them build up the boons then steal them. Unlike every other boon steal, LS gets the full set of stacks meaning they just loaded up the thief with 25 stacks of might on a spammable burst build.

    Stun lock warriors can get it done as well but timing has to be impeccable. Boon Beast builds have a similar weakness.

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Full glass DPS build or you're never going to kill a good one.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • enkidu.5937enkidu.5937 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019

    prone to hard CC / interrupt -> spike damage

    Tbh, thats how it usually goes in WvW roaming these days vs. most builds. The sustain part might be different: stealth (thief), ports (mes), evades (DD), unvulns + blocks (warrior), boons (SlB) or all of this together (Holo :# ). And your best bet is to apply a hard hitting spike during a short window after you made the enemy to waste his / her dodges etc. Cant tell the best moment when to strike a weaver though (actually, I stopped fighting them :3 ), maybe after he / she left water attunement?

    PS: I only see few roaming weavers, because of the high skill floor, and the ones that remained are good players, so its harder than vs. most SlBs or such, but not because of the class, its because of the better players

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

    snow leopard?

  • Auburner.6945Auburner.6945 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019
    1. Well timed CC: Usually as they use Fire #2 which locks them in animation, abusive CC as a SpB or interrupting their healing combo (that hurts the most)

    2. Constant pressure to force them into healing, then follow by bursts.

    3. Kiting if you have the damage, like a Rifle DE or a Sic'em soulbeast. Also kiting if you don't have enough cleanses.

    4. Boon control: S/d thief or Absorption sigil.

    5. Power builds. I use Antitoxin on Weaver and Condi builds are a joke.

    6. Some classes can't take down a Weaver. Some Weaver builds can neither take down or be taken down

    Pull the strings. Watch them dance.

  • Giant rocks kill people

    So why wouldnt IT on Weavers?

  • Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

    One of the most boring fights in the game tbh. When I see Soothing Mist pop up when they attune to water, I just disengage because I'd rather not waste my time. If I am roaming on condi, it is such a snooze because of how difficult it is to stick damage onto them, especially if they are using Antitoxin runes (which a lot seem to) because of the extremely strong synergy it has with Ele/Weaver.

    However, when I choose to fight them, immobs and chill are extremely potent if I am playing a build/class that has access to them. In my experience, trying to pressure them after they attune to water and use Riptide is a good time to attempt this, before they have time to attune to earth and double blast the water field, or denying them the ability to do so via CC/immob/chill. Usually I only can do anything with that if I have already baited out both Twists of Fate though.

  • Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

    snow leopard?

    Also could have reflected a Hunter's Shot if there was a Ranger there and the Weaver was running focus.

  • @Pterikdactyl.7630 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

    snow leopard?

    Also could have reflected a Hunter's Shot if there was a Ranger there and the Weaver was running focus.

    If you were fighting near water, I believe they have an aquatic skill that's a Smoke Field. You can Stealth by dropping it near the surface and leaping or blasting it after exiting the water.

    As for how to beat it, I've found the most consistent way to do so is with a power Spite Necro/Reaper or a core condi Necro. Core condi Necro has enough armor and health to soak up most of it's damage and a number of ways to send conditions back. Every one I've ever fought as a condi Necro has eventually been forced to run or eventually ran out of cleanses and died. Corrupt Boon, Feast Of Corruption, Spiteful Spirit, Path Of Corruption and Enfeebling Blood are more than enough corrupts to overcome their cleanses. The trick is not to spam them all while the Weaver is spamming their evades. Wait for them to commit to an attack, maintain Chill and corrupts on Stability, always reapply pressure as soon as they cleanse, and spend a lot of your time auto attacking and using minor skills like Grasping Dead and Mark Of Blood. The game is to wear them down and force cleanses so you can reapply your big hitters after they finish a cleanse.

    Necromancer | Maguuma/Anvil Rock | Diamond Legend
    "The Gods gave you two hands, and you use them both for your weapon. I can respect that."

  • ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    CC them.

    Then walk away and just let them prance around with their heal.

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Lately I've been having issues winning these fights.

    At least a 95% uptime on 25 might, awesome mobility, awesome damage, barrier and heals for days (i would get them to like 10% and next thing ya know, back up to 100%) and cleanses.

    A condi mirage and a DPS ranger couldn't take them down. There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

    Any idea how to fight these god mode weavers?

    Eles, Engineers, Mesmers, Thieves. Pew pew them from afar, and preferably from a rampart.

    Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

    They have smoke field if from water and can blast it, or also some npc allies can have a field they can blast, can't remember which, I think the scouts (the fields don't seem to be visible, but they are there). I don't think there are any runes left that can give stealth procs aside from trapper which they can't use.

  • Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭

    The weaver probably got stealth from reflecting Hunter's Shot off that "DPS ranger".

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭

    Condition Revenant of any form can easily deal with Weavers, if you want the easy kill. Just go for that.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Clownmug.8357 said:
    The weaver probably got stealth from reflecting Hunter's Shot off that "DPS ranger".

    Oh yeah forgot there was a ranger

  • spam as much weakness and cripple as you can, dodge fire cc water, don't forget you have to kite sometimes, having a ranged option will help.

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yeah I find fighting weavers are boring. Done so on my druid many times, is a stalemate almost every time. I feel like I should avoid but the dueler in me wants to keep fighting.

    As for the Hunters Shot, it went stealth before I got involved. It was fighting the condi mirage first....was also not near water.

    On a side note, came across a symbol core guard that was using DH LB and traps and it moved around the general map wayyyyy too fast imo. Rekt my face, hurt like heck amd was very fluid in its abilities (almost too fluid). Would also stow its weapon randomly

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    On a side note, came across a symbol core guard that was using DH LB and traps and it moved around the general map wayyyyy too fast imo. Rekt my face, hurt like heck amd was very fluid in its abilities (almost too fluid). Would also stow its weapon randomly

    Something similar has been brought up in the past. There was a lot of discussion of whether the player was using tools not available to everyone that plays legally.

    It’s been over a year since I saw it in one of the threads.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Yeah I find fighting weavers are boring. Done so on my druid many times, is a stalemate almost every time. I feel like I should avoid but the dueler in me wants to keep fighting.

    As for the Hunters Shot, it went stealth before I got involved. It was fighting the condi mirage first....was also not near water.

    On a side note, came across a symbol core guard that was using DH LB and traps and it moved around the general map wayyyyy too fast imo. Rekt my face, hurt like heck amd was very fluid in its abilities (almost too fluid). Would also stow its weapon randomly

    yes indeed. I forget what server he is from. I have talked to him before. He can even use scrapper traits while running as a DH, lol
    Not sure how he does it. I use to fight him every chance I got because he was the only person I couldn't beat 1v1 after more than one try so I friended him and talked for a while. I doubt he cares if he gets banned. He just roams and takes NWC and holds it so people will come fight him.
    And no, i never beat him. :(

    A true friend of the crown

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Acheron.4731 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Yeah I find fighting weavers are boring. Done so on my druid many times, is a stalemate almost every time. I feel like I should avoid but the dueler in me wants to keep fighting.

    As for the Hunters Shot, it went stealth before I got involved. It was fighting the condi mirage first....was also not near water.

    On a side note, came across a symbol core guard that was using DH LB and traps and it moved around the general map wayyyyy too fast imo. Rekt my face, hurt like heck amd was very fluid in its abilities (almost too fluid). Would also stow its weapon randomly

    yes indeed. I forget what server he is from. I have talked to him before. He can even use scrapper traits while running as a DH, lol
    Not sure how he does it. I use to fight him every chance I got because he was the only person I couldn't beat 1v1 after more than one try so I friended him and talked for a while. I doubt he cares if he gets banned. He just roams and takes NWC and holds it so people will come fight him.
    And no, i never beat him. :(

    Well I know what server/guild they are from as I streamed 1 fight. I had a hunch this person was tool assisted (been seeing them more and more from people in specific servers actually). Ran into another a while ago who changed specs while in combat (also a guard/DH...diff server/guild...also remember the guild tag for this one as well).

    Also came across a popular guild tag in a server who ran mirage and you could def tell was tool assisted (I usually main DPS mirage). Sad to see that people cant win themselves so they cheat.

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Kite and then cc + burst them when twist of fate is on cd. Watch their attunement swaps and keep track of their buffs. Weaver has so many visual effects its hard to see when they are using skills.

  • @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Full glass DPS build or you're never going to kill a good one.

    This.

    OT: Players forget that Weavers basically are compelled to run water with high healing power. Weavers HAVE to run a healing power build to engage in melee combats otherwise they would be melted away. So the duel will be long. Funny how some say its boring. Expect to just press 1? Oh boy.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Castiel.9048 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Full glass DPS build or you're never going to kill a good one.

    This.

    OT: Players forget that Weavers basically are compelled to run water with high healing power. Weavers HAVE to run a healing power build to engage in melee combats otherwise they would be melted away. So the duel will be long. Funny how some say its boring. Expect to just press 1? Oh boy.

    This.

    And many of these same players complain about the ones shot builds’ which aren’t...,

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Castiel.9048 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Full glass DPS build or you're never going to kill a good one.

    This.

    OT: Players forget that Weavers basically are compelled to run water with high healing power. Weavers HAVE to run a healing power build to engage in melee combats otherwise they would be melted away. So the duel will be long. Funny how some say its boring. Expect to just press 1? Oh boy.

    This.

    And many of these same players complain about the ones shot builds’ which aren’t...,

    If you arent running their build, its broken

  • rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2019

    Besides the obvious points:

    • Avoid Fire 2
    • Avoid Earth 5
    • Keep distance after they use stance

    I find the most efficient tactic is to wear them down. Weaver's signature playstyle is 25% attack, 50% controlling and 25% recovering - and they will cycle through all of these as the fight drags on.

    The best way to deal with them, is to first wait out their attack phase (fire att and stances), then you start pressuring. Once they go earth/water you start unloading your conditions (even if full zerker) as they will stick during their evades, and then you only need to auto-attack. Repeat until you get them below 50%, but now use their vulnerable attack phase to deal your biggest burst. No need to rush when fighting a weaver, that's how you lose.

    25 might makes no difference if they don't land Fire 2 or their stance while in Fire attunement.

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

    @Acheron.4731 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Yeah I find fighting weavers are boring. Done so on my druid many times, is a stalemate almost every time. I feel like I should avoid but the dueler in me wants to keep fighting.

    As for the Hunters Shot, it went stealth before I got involved. It was fighting the condi mirage first....was also not near water.

    On a side note, came across a symbol core guard that was using DH LB and traps and it moved around the general map wayyyyy too fast imo. Rekt my face, hurt like heck amd was very fluid in its abilities (almost too fluid). Would also stow its weapon randomly

    yes indeed. I forget what server he is from. I have talked to him before. He can even use scrapper traits while running as a DH, lol
    Not sure how he does it. I use to fight him every chance I got because he was the only person I couldn't beat 1v1 after more than one try so I friended him and talked for a while. I doubt he cares if he gets banned. He just roams and takes NWC and holds it so people will come fight him.
    And no, i never beat him. :(

    Well I know what server/guild they are from as I streamed 1 fight. I had a hunch this person was tool assisted (been seeing them more and more from people in specific servers actually). Ran into another a while ago who changed specs while in combat (also a guard/DH...diff server/guild...also remember the guild tag for this one as well).

    Also came across a popular guild tag in a server who ran mirage and you could def tell was tool assisted (I usually main DPS mirage). Sad to see that people cant win themselves so they cheat.

    The second one you mention might be the guy I am thinking of. He said he could literally change from DH to scrapper in fight and would keep doing it until ANET fixed it. It was hilarious but he played it really well. He is actually a pretty nice guy. I don't have anything against him, really. I just thought that was a fascinating exploit :)

    A true friend of the crown

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think I know this one as well, and this isn't confined to NA either just so you guys know :o

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Acheron.4731 said:
    He said he could literally change from DH to scrapper in fight and would keep doing it until ANET fixed it. It was hilarious but he played it really well.

    Literally changing class in combat would be pretty hilarious, yes.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Blood Red Arachnid.2493Blood Red Arachnid.2493 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2019

    @Castiel.9048 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Full glass DPS build or you're never going to kill a good one.

    This.

    OT: Players forget that Weavers basically are compelled to run water with high healing power. Weavers HAVE to run a healing power build to engage in melee combats otherwise they would be melted away. So the duel will be long. Funny how some say its boring. Expect to just press 1? Oh boy.

    That is... not necessarily true. There's the occasional marauder weaver. I have one myself, and we're quite deadly. You'd be surprised how much damage Quantum Strike and Pyro Vortex does on an air + water + weaver build. The marauder build doesn't have that needling un-killable quality that the marshall sword build has, but it does have that scary oh-kitten-my-face-is-melting vibe to it. They're rare, and usually you see the marauder build in zergs, but don't be surprised if you get hit for 14k out of nowhere from a weaver.


    Anyway, as it would happen, I've been doing WvW on my weaver, and I acquired a full set of marshalls to play on it. I'm only a mediocre player, but I know some of the inns and outs of how it works. Here's a few tips:

    1. We lose the auto attack war. We're much more frail than you'd think. The Marshall set gives healing power, but nothing else. The few celestial pieces give only paltry amounts of toughness and vitality. When it comes to an straight up brawl, the weaver loses against most other classes. So long as you avoid pyro vortex, quantum strike, fire grab, and churning earth, then you'll be fine. Stay close, stay aggressive, you'll win.
    2. If you can fight at long range, do it. The weaver has to use their skills to get close and do damage. So long as you can maintain distance, a sword weaver is at a disadvantage. You have a weapon swap and we don't, so take advantage of that fact.
    3. Weavers have dodges, not invulnerability skills. Take advantage of this by using Endure Pain, Shield of Courage, Signet of Stone, etc. to simultaneously attack and be immune to damage. This will force a sword weaver to disengage and use their dodge skills on your auto attacks. If you see a burst of health, it means that they've attuned to water. Their offensive skills in water are greatly reduced, so ramp up aggression when they go water.
    4. Likewise, stability and stun breaks are a necessity. The way a sword weaver generally wins is by stunning the hell out of you before laying down some big, beefy hits. If you can prevent that, then the fight becomes much easier.
    5. You don't have to be glass, but having high offenses really helps. Don't run a tank build, or else the fight will never end.
    6. Sword Weavers have poor control over spacing, and are easily discouraged by competing AoE. Traps, Sand Shades, any kind of lingering damage field greatly inhibits a weaver's offense. I've personally found that I'm almost hard-countered by high damage dragonhunters.
    7. Conditions are generally ineffective. Most weaver's run water, which comes with a lot of condi cleanses ambient sustain. A full marshall weaver heals about 830 health per second, not counting all of the barrier and additional healing from skills. This means that, unless you've got a lot of condis, they'll just outright ignore them.

    I can only give advice for sword weaver, because that is the only one I play. Scepter weaver's are a bit of a different bag. One that I've chosen not to open.

    All in all I've found them quite fun to play, especially after all the revenant nerfs. There's a lot of tactics involved, and I no longer just chase people down auto attacking. Sometimes I have to pull back, wait for an opening, plan my moves in advance, etc. I'm not good at it, but darn it if I don't try. Also, Meteor Storm on full DPS is a zerg killer. I love it, especially when they're brave and try to stay in place.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

    As a frequent ele player weavers are extremely annoying to fight (and soo boring to play actually. I prefer old school dd ele) if we are talking about sword dagger water type of build. Ranged dmg and kiting would keep them away. Cc or boon corrupt will kill it easily. The tanky versions are designed for prolonged combat but the damage is really meh. Relies on same specific combos usually. Watch some game plays and learn the combos. Interrupt them and you can win easily.

    If you have an invul skill just facetank the fire opening and hit back. That usually works wonders with general population.

  • i kill them as vanilla core necro.

    corrupt, fear, burst in shroud, kite, marks, rinse and repeat.
    important is get rid of their boons quickly, leave shroud if corrupt is needed again, corrupt with scepter 3 and focus 5 and corrupt boon utility if they come close while you left shroud, use staff 5 to fear them off again, keep an dodgelength distance at least, if you have no lifeforce quickly kite them and drop your staff marks behind you, enter shroud again on 50% lifeforce, dark path , doom, life transfer tainted shackles.

    classical emergency fleshwurm and spectralwalk.

    running in a circle makes them go insane it seems ;)

    And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'not today'.

  • Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

    IMO hit 'em with power, damaging conditions will do nothing. (Still bring control effects!)
    They're like the opposite of a warrior. X3

    ~ Kovu

    Ranger, Fort Aspenwood.

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Great ideas...lots of play necro suggestions. I main DPS mirage and DPS druid and find their barrier, invulns/evades and the heals hard to get around. Mobile little things they are too lol.

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2019

    A ton of corruptions and saving the burst for the right moment then it's a walk in the park. While they are in water I just do nothing as every skill used is a wasted skill.

    Necro main here, so I can only imagine how frustrating is has to be to face that build without being able to corrupt. Clearly overpowered as it basically has one single hardcounter which is a corruption focused (spite + curses + the corrupt boon utility skill) necro.

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @KrHome.1920 said:
    A ton of corruptions and saving the burst for the right moment then it's a walk in the park. While they are in water I just do nothing as every skill used is a wasted skill.

    Necro main here, so I can only imagine how frustrating is has to be to face that build without being able to corrupt. Clearly overpowered as it basically has one single hardcounter which is a corruption focused (spite + curses + the corrupt boon utility skill) necro.

    almost perma 25 stacks of might can hurt lol. May try with Arcane Thievery next time....not as good or as frequent, but its a way to adapt.

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Or you could do what the Bouncy, bouncy thief did to my Weaver last night after I downed him: rally off the Vet Wurm and kill me while my cooldowns were out.

    No I didn't swear much, nope, nope f**#$%%%. :) C'est la Guerre.

  • primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019

    There is a lot of trash builds out there atm simply balancing would fix this clown fiesta

  • Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I suppose we will see more of these weavers popping up in wvw after this was shared.

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Btw, never run condi builds. Go for power. Too much sustain and cleansing for condi to become effective.

  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019

    @primatos.5413 said:
    There is a lot of trash builds out there atm simply balancing would fix this clowns fiesta

    +1

    clown fiesta is the correct name for it

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    I suppose we will see more of these weavers popping up in wvw after this was shared.

    I posted this video elsewhere the other day. Fighting this would make me rage quit the game lol

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

    @Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    I suppose we will see more of these weavers popping up in wvw after this was shared.

    I posted this video elsewhere the other day. Fighting this would make me rage quit the game lol

    Why? If anything, this build has one stunbreak if i am not mistaken (airsig). Any half decent class that knows to chain cc would kill that build on a well timed burst. I hope.

  • @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Lately I've been having issues winning these fights.

    At least a 95% uptime on 25 might, awesome mobility, awesome damage, barrier and heals for days (i would get them to like 10% and next thing ya know, back up to 100%) and cleanses.

    A condi mirage and a DPS ranger couldn't take them down. There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

    Any idea how to fight these god mode weavers?

    i just leave. 10 minute duels that end with you making the smallest mistake and getting an instant 4k dmg per second condi burn placed on you along with 7k crits killing you instantly because this spec is ridiculously broken and should be nerfed hard.

  • Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Forty Keks.9620 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Lately I've been having issues winning these fights.

    At least a 95% uptime on 25 might, awesome mobility, awesome damage, barrier and heals for days (i would get them to like 10% and next thing ya know, back up to 100%) and cleanses.

    A condi mirage and a DPS ranger couldn't take them down. There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

    Any idea how to fight these god mode weavers?

    i just leave. 10 minute duels that end with you making the smallest mistake and getting an instant 4k dmg per second condi burn placed on you along with 7k crits killing you instantly because this spec is ridiculously broken and should be nerfed hard.

    A good one will wait out and see you out of your condi clears then dump Signet of fire on you.
    Think i need to invest in some cleansing sigils on weapons.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Forty Keks.9620 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Lately I've been having issues winning these fights.

    At least a 95% uptime on 25 might, awesome mobility, awesome damage, barrier and heals for days (i would get them to like 10% and next thing ya know, back up to 100%) and cleanses.

    A condi mirage and a DPS ranger couldn't take them down. There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

    Any idea how to fight these god mode weavers?

    i just leave. 10 minute duels that end with you making the smallest mistake and getting an instant 4k dmg per second condi burn placed on you along with 7k crits killing you instantly because this spec is ridiculously broken and should be nerfed hard.

    Hyperbole much? Ridiculously broken?
    🙂

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Fought 2 weavers today (1 DPS, 1 condi) and the DPS one was tough but I beat it. Condi one surprised me. Didnt think weavers could stack Torment (had like 5ish stacks on me). Beat me the first time but beat them after a couple times. Those heals/barrier tho.

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Fought 2 weavers today (1 DPS, 1 condi) and the DPS one was tough but I beat it. Condi one surprised me. Didnt think weavers could stack Torment (had like 5ish stacks on me). Beat me the first time but beat them after a couple times. Those heals/barrier tho.

    Most likely using the torment sigil and mirage runes..

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Mirage

    That one second cooldown, and with all the evaded in the build..

    Thank You for the {MEME}

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.