Maybe Kralkatorrik had no intention to kill Glint at first? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Maybe Kralkatorrik had no intention to kill Glint at first?

In EoD novel, he had just woke up, if he was actually rational before being tormented by too much magic. Then he should be fine during awakening.

If Glint didn't fight him, maybe he would not kill her?

Comments

  • Kralkatorrik was tormented by mixing magic eons ago. He wasn't "rational" during EoD. Or during the previous dragonrise.

    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.

  • Aaron Ansari.1604Aaron Ansari.1604 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's worth noting that Kralk beelined straight to Glint the instant he awakened (and ripped the roof off her house). The other three whose movements we know- Zhaitan, Mordremoth, Jormag- were content to sit on the spot they'd awakened in, consolidating their hold, but not Kralkatorrik.

    R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aaron Ansari.1604 said:
    It's worth noting that Kralk beelined straight to Glint the instant he awakened (and ripped the roof off her house). The other three whose movements we know- Zhaitan, Mordremoth, Jormag- were content to sit on the spot they'd awakened in, consolidating their hold, but not Kralkatorrik.

    That is a very good point I've never thought about before. Kralk movement on awakening highlights his existing rage and torment very well although it should be noted Jormag did move South and Primordus did move around widely underground, it just they did that as part of reclaiming their down their control over an area. It's unclear what Kralk considered his territory - eg Ascalon into Crystal Desert? - but his initial movement was clearly motivated by a singular venegful purpose rather than consolidation of power.

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • While Jormag and Primordus did move sometime after waking up, we don't know when Primordus began his movement (there's a 200 year gap of "what did Primordus do?"), especially in respect to when he woke up, and Jormag took four years to march onto the norn territory. Kralkatorrik, however, flew across Ascalon in mere hours tops, and took flight immediately upon waking up.

    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.

  • ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    While Jormag and Primordus did move sometime after waking up, we don't know when Primordus began his movement (there's a 200 year gap of "what did Primordus do?"), especially in respect to when he woke up, and Jormag took four years to march onto the norn territory. Kralkatorrik, however, flew across Ascalon in mere hours tops, and took flight immediately upon waking up.

    Well considering as far as we know the dwarves are still fighting against Primordus's minions underground my guess would be that if he has been doing anything its possibly trying to deal with and or avoid them right?

    It also sounds like Jormag is still sleeping even now as he is starting to make his moves he has yet to truely or fully wake which makes him possibly the most powerful dragon we have come across so far based on what his influence is already doing?

    I thought Kralk was as high as the bar could be set for elder dragon power... I guess i was way wrong... seems like jormag and pimordus could prove to be on even higher scales of power.

  • @ZDragon.3046 said:

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    While Jormag and Primordus did move sometime after waking up, we don't know when Primordus began his movement (there's a 200 year gap of "what did Primordus do?"), especially in respect to when he woke up, and Jormag took four years to march onto the norn territory. Kralkatorrik, however, flew across Ascalon in mere hours tops, and took flight immediately upon waking up.

    Well considering as far as we know the dwarves are still fighting against Primordus's minions underground my guess would be that if he has been doing anything its possibly trying to deal with and or avoid them right?

    It also sounds like Jormag is still sleeping even now as he is starting to make his moves he has yet to truely or fully wake which makes him possibly the most powerful dragon we have come across so far based on what his influence is already doing?

    I thought Kralk was as high as the bar could be set for elder dragon power... I guess i was way wrong... seems like jormag and pimordus could prove to be on even higher scales of power.

    The dwarves are pretty much all wiped out, and Primordus has moved across the Depths of Tyria over the centuries since waking up ~200 years prior to GW2. The reason why destroyer pockets are finally breaching the surface was stated to be because the stone dwarves are pretty much all destroyed/"dead" now, and if any remain, they'd be small pockets like Rhoban's group before Primordus moved to the Ring of Fire.

    Jormag is sleeping again, not still. Season 3 saw Jormag and Primordus put back into a psuedo-hibernative state, similar to Kralkatorrik's state at the end of the Dragonfall meta, due to their injuries caused by Balthazar's use of Taimi's Machine. Jormag's not the first Elder Dragon to be capable of commanding minions while in a psuedo-hibernative state - Mordremoth did this with Scarlet during Season 1, and Kralkatorrik did this at the end of S4 though not nearly to the degree of Mordremoth or Jormag. Had Mordremoth some active minions in the world while in that Season 1 state, I'm sure he'd be fully capable of what we see Jormag doing - the two always had very similar secondary powers.

    As to the bar of power - Kralkatorrik was a threat due to being able to pop into the Mists and literally consume the makeup of reality. Jormag and Primordus can't do that, but that doesn't make them lesser threats. But at the moment, Jormag isn't really a direct threat like Kralkatorrik was.

    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.

  • ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

    @ZDragon.3046 said:

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    While Jormag and Primordus did move sometime after waking up, we don't know when Primordus began his movement (there's a 200 year gap of "what did Primordus do?"), especially in respect to when he woke up, and Jormag took four years to march onto the norn territory. Kralkatorrik, however, flew across Ascalon in mere hours tops, and took flight immediately upon waking up.

    Well considering as far as we know the dwarves are still fighting against Primordus's minions underground my guess would be that if he has been doing anything its possibly trying to deal with and or avoid them right?

    It also sounds like Jormag is still sleeping even now as he is starting to make his moves he has yet to truely or fully wake which makes him possibly the most powerful dragon we have come across so far based on what his influence is already doing?

    I thought Kralk was as high as the bar could be set for elder dragon power... I guess i was way wrong... seems like jormag and pimordus could prove to be on even higher scales of power.

    The dwarves are pretty much all wiped out, and Primordus has moved across the Depths of Tyria over the centuries since waking up ~200 years prior to GW2. The reason why destroyer pockets are finally breaching the surface was stated to be because the stone dwarves are pretty much all destroyed/"dead" now, and if any remain, they'd be small pockets like Rhoban's group before Primordus moved to the Ring of Fire.

    hmmm i see

    Jormag is sleeping again, not still. Season 3 saw Jormag and Primordus put back into a psuedo-hibernative state, similar to Kralkatorrik's state at the end of the Dragonfall meta, due to their injuries caused by Balthazar's use of Taimi's Machine. Jormag's not the first Elder Dragon to be capable of commanding minions while in a psuedo-hibernative state - Mordremoth did this with Scarlet during Season 1, and Kralkatorrik did this at the end of S4 though not nearly to the degree of Mordremoth or Jormag. Had Mordremoth some active minions in the world while in that Season 1 state, I'm sure he'd be fully capable of what we see Jormag doing - the two always had very similar secondary powers.

    Well i knew that the dragons could command minions while in a hibernate state but usually its super limited seems like. Jormags power scaling compared to what it was seemingly when he woke up previously and in Bound by blood to the more recent episode is just like Omga buffed. You would think he is well awake with just how much he is doing right now.

    As to the bar of power - Kralkatorrik was a threat due to being able to pop into the Mists and literally consume the makeup of reality. Jormag and Primordus can't do that, but that doesn't make them lesser threats. But at the moment, Jormag isn't really a direct threat like Kralkatorrik was.

    Im starting to feel like the threat of Jormag initially is going to be much worse than what Kralkatorrik was initially but thats just me personally. Maybe its because at the time kralk was not showing any form of humanity or personality where as Jormag is doing so explicitly. Perhaps its this that makes him feel more powerful and threatening than Kralk did initially