ballance patch?

monded.7016

@LetoII.3782 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:I'll translate for you guys... New guy joins the WvW team and talks a big game and does nothing is what he said. It's just like Alliances.. get you hyped up without having to do anything Anet 101.

Well, Cal is like new lead #4 and they all make a thread then never reply again after day one.. So yeah pretty by the book

Except he's been replying to threads a bit more.

Were ya'll expecting some gigantic, massive, ginormous balance patch that was going to flip and reinvent the meta and pvp gameplay on day one of the announcement of his new position? That isn't how that works. I'm just as annoyed at the current state of things as well, maybe more so considering I don't really play anymore because of it, but I'm reserving judgment until I see the big balance patch thats been hinted at and what they do in terms of balance release cadence afterwards.

Keep giving feedback on the current state of things, real feedback, with information, reasons, etc and give them the opportunity to parse through it. The changes GW2 needs to see in terms of PvP balance are not an overnight thing, as much as we might like them to be, and we found out about Cal being in his new position only a month ago.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:I'll translate for you guys... New guy joins the WvW team and talks a big game and does nothing is what he said. It's just like Alliances.. get you hyped up without having to do anything Anet 101.

Well, Cal is like new lead #4 and they all make a thread then never reply again after day one.. So yeah pretty by the book

They did make lance unblockable though so...

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Were ya'll expecting some gigantic, massive, ginormous balance patch that was going to flip and reinvent the meta and pvp gameplay on day one of the announcement of his new position? That isn't how that works. I'm just as annoyed at the current state of things as well, maybe more so considering
I don't really play anymore because of it
, but I'm reserving judgment until I see the big balance patch thats been hinted at and what they do in terms of balance release cadence afterwards.

Keep giving feedback on the current state of things,
real
feedback, with information, reasons, etc and give them the opportunity to parse through it. The changes GW2 needs to see in terms of PvP balance are not an overnight thing, as much as we might like them to be, and we found out about Cal being in his new position only a month ago.

Cal may be fine.

Point is, and has been, that for this area of the game it’s ‘here are some ideas’ then radio silence. And in some cases for years. Literally years.

And have you read through the forum? I mean spent some time on this particular section?

Feedback has been voluminous. To say the feedback now would be better than a year ago, or five is disingenuous at best. And that feedback has been all kinds of jumbled. Asking for more won’t help. It will be the same jumbled mess.

Playing the mode regularly and experiencing the issues is what is needed and has been needed for years. A one hour stream once a week on occasion by people who barely know how to play their class is at best, laughable and at worst, insulting to be honest.

Cal appears to be someone who has put some playtime in on the PvP side. That is appreciated.

But the track record of people placed has been, well, sketchy would be a compliment compared to how it’s been.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"hunkamania.7561" said:I'll translate for you guys... New guy joins the WvW team and talks a big game and does nothing is what he said. It's just like Alliances.. get you hyped up without having to do anything Anet 101.

Were ya'll expecting some gigantic, massive, ginormous balance patch that was going to flip and reinvent the meta and pvp gameplay on day one of the announcement of his new position? That isn't how that works. I'm just as annoyed at the current state of things as well, maybe more so considering
, but I'm reserving judgment until I see the big balance patch thats been hinted at and what they do in terms of balance release cadence afterwards.

real
feedback, with information, reasons, etc and give them the opportunity to parse through it. The changes GW2 needs to see in terms of PvP balance are not an overnight thing, as much as we might like them to be, and we found out about Cal being in his new position only a month ago.

Cal may be fine.

Point is, and has been, that for this area of the game it’s ‘here are some ideas’ then radio silence. And in some cases for years. Literally years.

And have you read through the forum? I mean spent some time on this particular section?

Feedback has been voluminous. To say the feedback now would be better than a year ago, or five is disingenuous at best. And that feedback has been all kinds of jumbled. Asking for more won’t help. It will be the same jumbled mess.

Playing the mode regularly and experiencing the issues is what is needed and has been needed for years. A one hour stream once a week on occasion by people who barely know how to play their class is at best, laughable and at worst, insulting to be honest.

Cal appears to be someone who has put some playtime in on the PvP side. That is appreciated.

But the track record of people placed has been, well, sketchy would be a compliment compared to how it’s been.

I'm aware of the radio silence problems.

However my point isn't that feedback now is going to be any different, or better, its that posts like this are wholly unhelpful. I understand the impatience, I understand the frustration and I have been someone who is more than willing to throw ANet under the bus and be critical of their approach to balance updates and their contents. But I'm not going to go and continue that trend until I see what will happen under the new management. I want to see what the upcoming balance updates will do, and if things at that point will change, and all I am doing is echoing that sentiment to the people who are making these posts; posts that do literally nothing. Its like posting "I ate bread today" on Twitter.

If people want to post feedback and have it be seen, ideally so that the devs don't have to go digging for actual relevant and coherent feedback threads on these forums as they get completely buried under the even more numerous threads like this...then I highly suggest that people do so in an actual helpful way. Not this "ball ents potch wen?" stuff. Which that is exactly the problem, it is all jumbled, its all lost in the forums under everything else. Those kinds of threads get buried pretty quickly, and some even devolve into petty nonsense between specific individuals.

Don't get me wrong, my expectations are low in terms of what will be seen, as they usually are and have been with this game over the past several years. I know people just want to see their complaints echoed and a post like mine will get scoffed at as "fanboy" because, in essence, I'm suggesting for people to be patient for something that has taken years to still not happen and we still don't know much more about it.

Make threads that will actually be helpful and are able to be noticed, makes their job easier when looking for feedback.

If the game is bothering people that much, as it has bothered me for such a long time, do what I'm doing and take a break...play something else and wait for the balance patch to hit to see how much of an impact it makes, or begins to make but also temper your expectations as I get the feeling it might just be the start of iterative changes over time, though hopefully with a faster release schedule.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@"hunkamania.7561" said:I'll translate for you guys... New guy joins the WvW team and talks a big game and does nothing is what he said. It's just like Alliances.. get you hyped up without having to do anything Anet 101.

real

Cal may be fine.

However my point isn't that feedback now is going to be any different, or better, its that posts like this are wholly unhelpful. I understand the impatience, I understand the frustration and I have been someone who is more than willing to throw ANet under the bus and be critical of their approach to balance updates and their contents.
But
I'm not going to go and continue that trend until I
see
what will happen under the new management. I want to
see
what the upcoming balance updates will do, and if things at that point will change, and all I am doing is echoing that sentiment to the people who are making these posts; posts that do
literally nothing
. Its like posting "I ate bread today" on Twitter.

If people want to post feedback and have it be seen, ideally so that the devs don't have to go digging for actual
relevant
and
coherent
feedback threads on these forums as they get completely
buried
under the even more numerous threads like this...then I highly suggest that people do so in an actual
helpful
way. Not this "ball ents potch wen?" stuff. Which that is exactly the problem, it
is
all jumbled, its all lost in the forums under everything else. Those kinds of threads get buried pretty quickly, and some even devolve into petty nonsense between specific individuals.

Don't get me wrong, my expectations are
low
in terms of what will be seen, as they usually are and have been with this game over the past several years. I know people just want to see their complaints echoed and a post like mine will get scoffed at as "fanboy" because, in essence, I'm suggesting for people to be patient for something that has taken
years
to still
not
happen and we still don't know much more about it.

Make threads that will actually be helpful and are able to be noticed, makes their job easier when looking for feedback.

If the game is bothering people that much, as it has bothered me for such a long time, do what I'm doing and take a break...play something else and wait for the balance patch to hit to see how much of an impact it makes, or begins to make but also temper your expectations as I get the feeling it might just be the start of iterative changes over time, though hopefully with a faster release schedule.

you are speaking for the devs?

@Sovereign.1093 said:

real

Cal may be fine.

However my point isn't that feedback now is going to be any different, or better, its that posts like this are wholly unhelpful. I understand the impatience, I understand the frustration and I have been someone who is more than willing to throw ANet under the bus and be critical of their approach to balance updates and their contents.
But
see
see
what the upcoming balance updates will do, and if things at that point will change, and all I am doing is echoing that sentiment to the people who are making these posts; posts that do
literally nothing

If people want to post feedback and have it be seen, ideally so that the devs don't have to go digging for actual
relevant
and
coherent
buried
under the even more numerous threads like this...then I highly suggest that people do so in an actual
helpful
way. Not this "ball ents potch wen?" stuff. Which that is exactly the problem, it
is
all jumbled, its all lost in the forums under everything else. Those kinds of threads get buried pretty quickly, and some even devolve into petty nonsense between specific individuals.

low
in terms of what will be seen, as they usually are and have been with this game over the past several years. I know people just want to see their complaints echoed and a post like mine will get scoffed at as "fanboy" because, in essence, I'm suggesting for people to be patient for something that has taken
years
to still
not

In what way am I speaking for the devs? I'm giving my own perspective on it and simply offering a suggestion(s). That is it.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

real

Cal may be fine.

But
see
see
literally nothing

relevant
and
coherent
buried
helpful
is

low
years
to still
not

In what way am I speaking for the devs? I'm giving my own perspective on it and simply offering a suggestion(s). That is it.

how does your suggestion help?

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Has he then?You'll have to link which thread because I only see the standard red tag count

@Sovereign.1093 said:

real

Cal may be fine.

But
see
see
literally nothing

relevant
and
coherent
buried
helpful
is

low
years
to still
not

I'm confused. Are you implying that me suggesting for people to continue to give feedback and to have a little patience for the upcoming large balance patch is wrong or unhelpful? As opposed to the numerous threads that appear that literally just start with "Why have they not released a balance patch yet?"

Was something lost in translation with my post? I feel like, even if it was a longer read, that was consistently the message I was conveying.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Has he then?You'll have to link which thread because I only see the standard red tag count

You can check his post history. He's actually communicated in the threads.

Like I said...the dude has been in his position for a month. I'm all for being critical of ANet, yet again repeating myself on that fact, but I also recognize that in reality nothing hugely substantial was going to take place in terms of balance of the game, or WvW content, within this singular month.

I understand people are impatient, I understand they are frustrated, I'm frustrated...but there is a reality you have to accept in these cases and its unfortunate but there is nothing you can do about it. You have to give it some time, give them some time to assess and review and tweak and develop and then we'll see what happens. People, I guess, expected something immediate to happen. Not how that works. I also guess that people might not have realized that its only been one month since they announced Cal's position. That is it. It hasn't been 2, not 3, not 4, not 6...its been 1.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

real

Cal may be fine.

But
see
see
literally nothing

relevant
and
coherent
buried
helpful
is

low
years
to still
not

I'm confused. Are you implying that me suggesting for people to
continue
to give feedback and to have a little patience for the upcoming large balance patch is wrong or unhelpful? As opposed to the numerous threads that appear that literally just start with "Why have they not released a balance patch yet?"

Was something lost in translation with my post? I feel like, even if it was a longer read, that was consistently the message I was conveying.

Three posts since Nov 5th. And none in the WvW section.Again, not about Cal. It’s about the standard operation process that ANET has in place for WvW.

Like I said...the dude has been in his position for a month. I'm all for being critical of ANet, yet again repeating myself on that fact, but I also recognize that in reality nothing hugely substantial was going to take place in terms of balance of the game, or WvW content, within this singular month.

I understand people are impatient, I understand they are frustrated, I'm frustrated...but there is a reality you have to accept in these cases and its unfortunate but there is nothing you can do about it. You have to give it some time, give them some time to assess and review and tweak and develop and then we'll see what happens. People, I guess, expected something immediate to happen. Not how that works. I also guess that people might not have realized that its only been one month since they announced Cal's position. That is it. It hasn't been 2, not 3, not 4, not 6...its been 1.

That’s the thing: people aren’t impatient. To say we are, is not keeping all the facts together.

Again, the frustration isn’t with Cal. He is, new to this process.

The frustration/apathy is related to the consistent process of not dealing with items especially as it relates to WvW.

Please don’t ask me to list the unfinished items that have literally been in play for years.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Were ya'll expecting some gigantic, massive, ginormous balance patch that was going to flip and reinvent the meta and pvp gameplay on day one of the announcement of his new position?

I think the question is more when should we expect the scourge changes to happen. Cal already mentioned that it wasn’t going to be a massive ginormous patch, but just focusing on scourge after reviewing feedback. So people asking for timing on this isn’t to absurd considering it isn’t a ginormous patch with all professions, it’s one. The way it was worded implied it was happening relatively soon, possibly with the next patch.

I believe some ppl were expecting the patch to happen on Tuesday and are just curious when we should expect it. I personally, even though I haven’t played since August, thought it would come out this week. It would be nice if it was stated along the lines of : within the next week, next month, next year to give players an idea of when we might see such changes.

I can’t speak for others but for myself it isn’t impatience. I’m genuinely curious when it will come out so I can read feedback from players. I main scourge in WvW and I’m not about to come back and play until the dust has settled a bit after the nerfs. Then I’d be more than willing to pick up the class again or move on, depending of course on Anets communication with the community.

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

Well, for that matter Gaile also "communicated in the threads".. Just not here, she mostly stuck to getting her behind smooched in general discussion. The WvW section on the other hand is reliably devoid of dev participation both historically and currently.

Doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.. It's a sign of something

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

real

Cal may be fine.

But
see
see
literally nothing

relevant
and
coherent
buried
helpful
is

low
years
to still
not

I'm confused. Are you implying that me suggesting for people to
continue
to give feedback and to have a little patience for the upcoming large balance patch is wrong or unhelpful? As opposed to the numerous threads that appear that literally just start with "Why have they not released a balance patch yet?"

Three posts since Nov 5th. And none in the WvW section.Again, not about Cal. It’s about the
standard operation process
that ANET has in place for WvW.

Like I said...the dude has been in his position for a month. I'm all for being critical of ANet, yet again repeating myself on that fact, but I also recognize that in
reality
nothing hugely substantial was going to take place in terms of balance of the game, or WvW content,
within
this
singular
month.

I understand people are impatient, I understand they are frustrated,
I'm
frustrated...but there is a reality you have to accept in these cases and its unfortunate but there is
nothing
you can do about it. You have to give it some time, give them some time to assess and review and tweak and develop and then we'll see what happens. People, I guess, expected something immediate to happen. Not how that works. I also guess that people might not have realized that its
only
been
one
month since they announced Cal's position. That is it. It hasn't been 2, not 3, not 4, not 6...its been 1.

That’s the thing: people
aren’t
impatient. To say we are, is not keeping all the facts together.

Again, the frustration isn’t with Cal. He is, new to this process.

The frustration/apathy is related to the
consistent
process of not dealing with items especially as it relates to WvW.

Please don’t ask me to list the unfinished items that have literally been in play for years.

I mean okay yeah, fair, people have been patient to some extent but I think the frustration is leading to further impatience with the whole situation. So I'm agreeing with you, but what I've been saying is people should just give it a bit more time, as unfortunate of a suggestion as that might be, and see what happens with whatever the big balance patch holds and what they do after that. You don't need to list the unfinished items, I know and thats why I've said I am right there with you in the frustration. I've said it across multiple posts here. I get it, but to imply that I'm not understanding the situation because I'm suggesting for people to not bury actual feedback threads or posts with actual nonsense akin to "are we there yet?" wouldn't be accurate. If it had been more than a month since they got their new lead, and if the holidays weren't happening around these times I would probably be on that train as well if we'd have heard nothing for like 3 to 4 months, or within that span of time, about the balance patches and other things. However that isn't the case so I'm still "waiting and seeing" what will happen come the new year. My only expectation after seeing the information being posted on the forums was that we wouldn't see anything, substantial that is, until at least January or February. Maybe a smattering of balance hotfixes inbetween but probably not.

This is anecdotal but I legit know people, friends, who jumped back onto the game after a prolonged break, for some reason thinking that things were going to change quickly and immediately and my only response to them was "No. You're dumb."

@Calisanna.8732 said:

Were ya'll expecting some gigantic, massive, ginormous balance patch that was going to flip and reinvent the meta and pvp gameplay on day one of the announcement of his new position?

I think the question is more when should we expect the scourge changes to happen. Cal already mentioned that it wasn’t going to be a massive ginormous patch, but just focusing on scourge after reviewing feedback. So people asking for timing on this isn’t to absurd considering it isn’t a ginormous patch with all professions, it’s one. The way it was worded implied it was happening relatively soon, possibly with the next patch.

I believe some ppl were expecting the patch to happen on Tuesday and are just curious when we should expect it. I personally, even though I haven’t played since August, thought it would come out this week. It would be nice if it was stated along the lines of : within the next week, next month, next year to give players an idea of when we might see such changes.

I can’t speak for others but for myself it isn’t impatience. I’m genuinely curious when it will come out so I can read feedback from players. I main scourge in WvW and I’m not about to come back and play until the dust has settled a bit after the nerfs. Then I’d be more than willing to pick up the class again or move on, depending of course on Anets communication with the community.

I'm curious too, and I'm sure others are as well, but like I said it really shouldn't get to the point where it just looks like they are in the back seat of a car going "ARE WE THERE YET?" especially with the bad habit of these forums where stuff like that quite literally buries the actual feedback discussions and threads. Some of the good ones I've seen in the past, and I'm talking recently, nowhere on the first page of this forum section or they get locked or closed because of people and their petty back and forth stuff and not being able to have a productive discussion.