So Jormag and Almorra [spoilers] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

So Jormag and Almorra [spoilers]

Did Jormag animate Almorra's body to sent the initial call for help on the comms? Cause that seemed to be the hushed implication between the characters after the final cutscene.
But, at the same time, I remember Jhavi saying that the Svanir had taken their comms. So, did he just have some random Svanir do some voice acting?

Comments

• I suspect that Almorra Killed the Svanirs with the coms but died of her wounds. Then Jormag called the Commander, probably to lure him/her in and try to corrupt him. But when it didn't work, they changed tactic and actually talked to us. in the creepiest and yet best GW2 cinematic so far.

• Aaron Ansari.1604Aaron Ansari.1604 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's also possible the Svanir just handed back the comm when Jormag decided they'd speak through her.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is this the method that Jormag is using in regards to taking advantage of the Death Magic spectrum that it acquired, using corpses to speak to people and communicate?

• Kalavier.1097Kalavier.1097 Member ✭✭✭

Tinfoil hat theory: Raven called the commander north. The voice of Almorra in the comm reminds me a bit of the way Raven speaks, inside the sanctum trials.

• Kalavier.1097Kalavier.1097 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2019

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    In the Guild Chat, devs confirmed that Jormag called the Commander via possessing Almorra's corpse.

Ah. interesting. I haven't always watched the guild chats but that's a neat detail. It also adds another level of creepy, as Almorra was not icebrood, or partially corrupted like higher level Svanir. And yet Jormag was able to possess her body.

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kalavier.1097 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    In the Guild Chat, devs confirmed that Jormag called the Commander via possessing Almorra's corpse.

Ah. interesting. I haven't always watched the guild chats but that's a neat detail. It also adds another level of creepy, as Almorra was not icebrood, or partially corrupted like higher level Svanir. And yet Jormag was able to possess her body.

My guess is it’s because Jormag acquired Death Magic after Zhaitan died and this is the way that Jormag uses this spectrum, maybe not creating Deathbrood, but using the dead to communicate. Kinda like how Kralkatorrik used Mind spectrum in a different capacity than Mordremoth.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2019

i still not understand the "jormag strategy",,

a) why commmander need be lured? hes already not going there because of Bangar?
    b) if commander not intended goes after Bangar, why Jormag want bring to there someone who could stop Bangar?

hipotesis c) Jormag had fear of Bangar and wants Commander to defend itself by causing a "proxy war", but still make no sense, if this is the case its just a matter of let commander do his job that is stop anyone who wants mess up the magic balance of Elder Dragons.

d) the real fear of Jormag is Aurene? all this mess is just to setup a lure to bring Aurene into the party?

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• @ugrakarma.9416 said:
    d) the real fear of Jormag is Aurene? all this mess is just to setup a lure to bring Aurene into the party?

This is probably what Jormag is doing. Jormag is luring us to it, and Aurene will likely sense something is wrong and come flying at mach speeds. Jormag knows better than anybody (by being in our heads) that we don't control Aurene. We're just being used as bait to pull Aurene in for a chat, and possibly also as a "bargaining chip". Jormag puts us under its spell, agrees to let us go, if, and ONLY if, Aurene does what it wants.

• edited November 24, 2019

@RyuDragnier.9476 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

This is probably what Jormag is doing. Jormag is luring us to it, and Aurene will likely sense something is wrong and come flying at mach speeds. Jormag knows better than anybody (by being in our heads) that we don't control Aurene. We're just being used as bait to pull Aurene in for a chat, and possibly also as a "bargaining chip". Jormag puts us under its spell, agrees to let us go, if, and ONLY if, Aurene does what it wants.

I think you're on point with that! During the Guild Chat session, it's been indicated that there's a 'hidden message' in the Fraenier-Jormag speech. While Jormag's voice says "I want to help her", the Fraenier's voice goes "I want her." Pretty dang cool