Nice build for Hearth of Thorns?

BioDio.3476

Hey, I will have some time during the next few months, so, wanted to get back to my lovely ranger.However, since I'm playing solo PVE, in the 1st expansion, what builds do you guys recommend?

I don't need the number 1 best build for everything, just one that is good overall, one I can use to progress in the game since this expansion is proving to be a bit difficult.Any tips also welcome.(don't tell me to go to Path of Fire to get my mount or wtv else, I love GW lore, and don't want to do the story in any different way)

Thanks

Do you have both expansions or just HoT?

I can recommend going hybrid A/A & Staff druid with lots of AoE or going marauder LB/GS ranger.Wilderness survival is a must for both due to condi cleanses, life regen and good protection uptime.

When you have PoF I would go boonbeast all the way due to high burst and high survivability.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Do you have both expansions or just HoT?

I can recommend going hybrid A/A & Staff druid with lots of AoE or going marauder LB/GS ranger.Wilderness survival is a must for both due to condi cleanses, life regen and good protection uptime.

When you have PoF I would go boonbeast all the way due to high burst and high survivability.

I have both, but I haven't started PoF and don't want to until I'm done with HoT.However, please ^^ can you be more specific? I dunno what AA means and marauder GS and such... (I'm not pro or hardcore, I just enjoy GW since the first game)

@BioDio.3476 said:

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:Do you have both expansions or just HoT?

I have both, but I haven't started PoF and don't want to until I'm done with HoT.However, please ^^ can you be more specific? I dunno what AA means and marauder GS and such... (I'm not pro or hardcore, I just enjoy GW since the first game)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAceZlFwYYUsN2JWqOpt9Sm2ZA-zRIUV09PIo54pQkKw3A-e

This would be a simple budget condition damage druid build with good amounts of Crowd Control (CC), bleed application and sustain.Use staff for resustain and repositioning and for break bars.Use A/A (Axe+Axe) for more damage and AoE burst.

Pets can be changed if you like, I just slapped in some decent damage dealers.

Marauder is a stat combination for gear.Good advice is to look into metabattle for open world builds. I can also recommend wooden potatoes open world build series.Don't have to follow them to a T but maybe you get some better understanding and have a point of reference.

If you need any further builds just ask.

@BioDio.3476 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Do you have both expansions or just HoT?

With A/A he means Axe/axe for one weaponslot (and he also mentions staff for the other slot)Going marauder LB/GS ranger means using Longbow/Greatsword as your weapons and mainly using marauder stats (Major Power & precision bonus, minor vitality & ferocity attribute bonus) on your gear, and Core specializations for your build (if you complete PoF you can get Soulbeast, awesome elite specialization as well in my opinion:) )