Boon Reaper WvW Roaming Video

miguelsil.6324

This build was not created by me but so far is the best one to solo roam and not get instantly shot down, with perma protection and a lot of sustain from other boons is really fun specially if playing with a group of guildies.

It allows you to use different utilities and CELE trinkets can be used for more damage at the cost of a litle less boon duration.

Comment and share ideas if you please.

build : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAEd3lJw4YNMPWJW0OrtcA-zVJYgRN/pkpQIWRQvSgoVAasgCEQ2SgXaA-w

That build is terrible. Commander on reaper is inferior to celestial, soldier and wanderer. Death magic is useless on reaper. You don't generate big amounts of might (no spite) which would at least grant you some more damage. Your critical damage is too low to be a threat to thieves and against everthing else you better pick some toughness+vita gear and run a spite+curses corrupt overload build. Longbow rangers and power shiros will destroy you before your death magic buffs are built up. Weavers, boonbeasts and scrappers will outsustain you.

You can duell roaming core guardians (not symbol firebrands - they will outsustain you too) and have a chance... but nothing else.

(As usual: I am talking about encounters that know what they are doing.)

Actually I have tried a similar build with less boon duration. Death magic with poison trait works well with poison cloud and shroud 4. You get 30 carapaces in 3 seconds that gives you bonus stats. It works really well until you encounter a heavily mobile or a ranged profession.

@KrHome.1920 said:You don't generate big amounts of might (no spite) which would at least grant you some more damage.

Just to clarify, the might comes from the food, the dumplings. It’s usually 25 constant might so long as your hitting more than one target. If your hitting one target you can stack about 9-20 depending on how many attacks your landing. The boon duration actually helps you stack the might from the food easier.

Your critical damage is too low to be a threat to thieves

He has 90-100% crit chance. You are forgetting that the curses tree brings Fury, and that his conditions give him 2% each. Not to mention that the boon duration increases Fury uptime.

I usto run a more optimized version of this build a looonnng time ago. I know exactly how it functions and his build is fine. He could use a bit more optimization, but it works.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:You don't generate big amounts of might (no spite) which would at least grant you some more damage.

Just to clarify, the might comes from the food, the dumplings. It’s usually 25 constant might so long as your hitting more than one target. If your hitting one target you can stack about 9-20 depending on how many attacks your landing. The boon duration actually helps you stack the might from the food easier.Good point. Didn't notice the food.

He has 90-100% crit chance. You are forgetting that the curses tree brings Fury, and that his conditions give him 2% each. Not to mention that the boon duration increases Fury uptime.

I usto run a more optimized version of this build a looonnng time ago. I know exactly how it functions and his build is fine. He could use a bit more optimization, but it works.The chance is not the problem, the damage is (150% out of shroud and 170% in shroud). And vs. thieves the food and the 20% in shroud don't help you as you can not built up the might and you will get kited when you enter shroud. You need burst right from the first second of the fight with your axe2/focus5 combo.

No matter what: pesky staff evade spammers, S/D thieves, deadeyes... they all will have an easy time dealing with that build. Which would be okay if it had so much sustain, that it could move along for a few seconds to get to cover after being attacked. But 20k health and 13k life force on 2700 armor is shredded in the blink of an eye by a thief in wvw (spvp is a different story since the damage is much lower).

In general base health builds without soul reaping are problematic outside of pve as they have a very low life force pool which has a huge impact in sustain.

You can create reaper builds that can sustain thieves for about 20 seconds without fighting back (just keep on moving to the nearest tower or no teleport spot) and that are still capable of killing everything else. This build has a hard time against lots of encounters and is weak to thieves. I would not run it in wvw.

@KrHome.1920 said:

Just to clarify, the might comes from the food, the dumplings. It’s usually 25 constant might so long as your hitting more than one target. If your hitting one target you can stack about 9-20 depending on how many attacks your landing. The boon duration actually helps you stack the might from the food easier.Good point. Didn't notice the food.

I usto run a more optimized version of this build a looonnng time ago. I know exactly how it functions and his build is fine. He could use a bit more optimization, but it works.The chance is not the problem, the damage is (150% out of shroud and 170% in shroud). And vs. thieves the food and the 20% in shroud don't help you as you can not built up the might and you will get kited when you enter shroud. You need burst right from the first second of the fight with your axe2/focus5 combo.

No matter what: pesky staff evade spammers, S/D thieves, deadeyes... they all will have an easy time dealing with that build. Which would be okay if it had so much sustain, that it could move along for a few seconds to get to cover after being attacked. But 20k health and 13k life force on 2700 armor is shredded in the blink of an eye by a thief in wvw (spvp is a different story since the damage is much lower).

In general base health builds without soul reaping are problematic outside of pve as they have a very low life force pool which has a huge impact in sustain.

You can create reaper builds that can sustain thieves for about 20 seconds without fighting back (just keep on moving to the nearest tower or no teleport spot) and that are still capable of killing everything else. This build has a hard time against lots of encounters and is weak to thieves. I would not run it in wvw.

Care to elaborate on one of those power builds that sustain for so long and share it? That being said a thief of same skill level and even lower always has the upper hand. At least with boons it may take them a litle while to strip them all.

Just to clarify, the might comes from the food, the dumplings. It’s usually 25 constant might so long as your hitting more than one target. If your hitting one target you can stack about 9-20 depending on how many attacks your landing. The boon duration actually helps you stack the might from the food easier.

I usto run a more optimized version of this build a looonnng time ago. I know exactly how it functions and his build is fine. He could use a bit more optimization, but it works.

Mind sharing the optimized version?

@"Mikhael.2391" said:Mind sharing the optimized version?

The optimized version is well, old now. Lots of updates have passed and many things that were once optimized are no longer the case.

Here is the build in my discussion archives, which had the most recent version that i shared (Even then, that isn't the most optimized version of the build). I'd no longer even use that just because traits/runes/sigils that were once bad are now good and traits/sigils/runes that were good are now bad.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/58879/the-command-boonmancer-wvw

Frankly, i'd just go and perfect that build you are currently using. You're on the right track, and to optimize just means pushing all the value you can into every trait/gear/sigil/rune choice, so that each choice benefits your entire build, and your entire build benefits from each choice.

For example, your utilities feature a lot of shouts, and thus you are using Augury of Death to compliment that. But if you are utilizing boon duration, which extends quickness outside of your shroud, are your shouts gaining any value from that quickness that you've built your build around? So a feature of the optimization process, would be to utilize the quickness that your build is sort of based around.

So imo, if your build has a lot of instant cast utilities, why go for quickness or boon duration in the first place? That's why you might want to try and go for other utilities, that may have been less useful to you because of cast time, which is now more useful with a decreased cast time, such as Consume Conditions or Flesh Wurm.

In the same vein, your build can also be optimized for more damage. There's many ways you can actually opt for more damage, by dropping things that might be redundant, or dropping things that can be better utilized elsewhere. For example; "Chilling Victory" seems to be a good source of Might and Life force for you. But the question is can you get these things elsewhere so that you can take the 10% damage mod instead? Your food should already be providing you 25 stacks of might most of the time. So can you gain life force elsewhere? Chilling Victory can ideally net you anywhere from 16% Lifeforce to 80% life force in 16 seconds. That's okay. But you can also net 20%-80% life force with spectral grasp, or a combination of Focus 4/Summon Minions, or a variety of other ways to gain the same amount in either the same or less amount of time.

If you go chilling victory, perhaps its not useful to you to even take that food, if chilling victory alone can give you 25 might stacks. You might be able to use a more useful food/rune/sigil combination that might help you out with sustain more. If chilling victory is based on smacking chilled allies, it might be useful to you to take a food/sigil or rune choice that inflicts chilled more often

So ya, the build you are using now is just fine. Try your best to optimize it for the things it might be lacking like damage. Find out the things you don't need, and find out where the weaknesses are and focus on reallocating your selections to accommodate that in addition to what you already have.

As for what i run right now, it's this build here : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSDFgE252YFGnZZTKBP/rz2NA-z1gY7wIBbiK4EpwhkpUoXRQPLAJfQCk9wbpIxN-w

This build isn't a boonmance build, but it is the resulting evolution of what i found to fully optimize my reaper for roaming. Immunity to CC's and near immunity to conditions, Access to automatic disengage, Pretty tanky, hits pretty hard, and has great life force generation. I don't really solo roam anymore on reaper, but when i do i normally just face-keyboard through anything because it has a wide variety of ways to deal with all types of roamers. If you want me to explain it in further detail just feel free to message me.

@"Mikhael.2391" said:Mind sharing the optimized version?

The optimized version is well, old now. Lots of updates have passed and many things that were once optimized are no longer the case.

Here is the build in my discussion archives, which had the most recent version that i shared (Even then, that isn't the most optimized version of the build). I'd no longer even use that just because traits/runes/sigils that were once bad are now good and traits/sigils/runes that were good are now bad.

Frankly, i'd just go and perfect that build you are currently using. You're on the right track, and to optimize just means pushing all the value you can into every trait/gear/sigil/rune choice, so that each choice benefits your entire build, and your entire build benefits from each choice.

For example, your utilities feature a lot of shouts, and thus you are using Augury of Death to compliment that. But if you are utilizing boon duration, which extends quickness outside of your shroud, are your shouts gaining any value from that quickness that you've built your build around? So a feature of the optimization process, would be to utilize the quickness that your build is sort of based around.

So imo, if your build has a lot of instant cast utilities, why go for quickness or boon duration in the first place? That's why you might want to try and go for other utilities, that may have been less useful to you because of cast time, which is now more useful with a decreased cast time, such as Consume Conditions or Flesh Wurm.

In the same vein, your build can also be optimized for more damage. There's many ways you can actually opt for more damage, by dropping things that might be redundant, or dropping things that can be better utilized elsewhere. For example; "Chilling Victory" seems to be a good source of Might and Life force for you. But the question is can you get these things elsewhere so that you can take the 10% damage mod instead? Your food should already be providing you 25 stacks of might most of the time. So can you gain life force elsewhere? Chilling Victory can ideally net you anywhere from 16% Lifeforce to 80% life force in 16 seconds. That's okay. But you can also net 20%-80% life force with spectral grasp, or a combination of Focus 4/Summon Minions, or a variety of other ways to gain the same amount in either the same or less amount of time.

If you go chilling victory, perhaps its not useful to you to even take that food, if chilling victory alone can give you 25 might stacks. You might be able to use a more useful food/rune/sigil combination that might help you out with sustain more. If chilling victory is based on smacking chilled allies, it might be useful to you to take a food/sigil or rune choice that inflicts chilled more often

So ya, the build you are using now is just fine. Try your best to optimize it for the things it might be lacking like damage. Find out the things you don't need, and find out where the weaknesses are and focus on reallocating your selections to accommodate that in addition to what you already have.

As for what i run right now, it's this build here :

This build isn't a boonmance build, but it is the resulting evolution of what i found to fully optimize my reaper for roaming. Immunity to CC's and near immunity to conditions, Access to automatic disengage, Pretty tanky, hits pretty hard, and has great life force generation. I don't really solo roam anymore on reaper, but when i do i normally just face-keyboard through anything because it has a wide variety of ways to deal with all types of roamers. If you want me to explain it in further detail just feel free to message me.

I may try this but... Why the 2 bone minion?

@Mikhael.2391 said:I may try this but... Why the 2 bone minion?

The bone minions are life force generators. The way I play them is to set the utility to auto attack so that every 16 seconds I gain 30% life force. This is pretty useful in out of combat situations for having full life force upon entering any engagement, and it happens to be a pretty good life force generator in combat as well, as it has no trade offs associated with it. You can always change that utility to something like spectral grasp for a more instant version of LF generation (as well as a pull, which is very useful for kiting foes) but it does occasionally fail if you don’t have that many targets or if the projectiles misses or is blocked.

The bone minions are life force generators. The way I play them is to set the utility to auto attack so that every 16 seconds I gain 30% life force. This is pretty useful in out of combat situations for having full life force upon entering any engagement, and it happens to be a pretty good life force generator in combat as well, as it has no trade offs associated with it. You can always change that utility to something like spectral grasp for a more instant version of LF generation (as well as a pull, which is very useful for kiting foes) but it does occasionally fail if you don’t have that many targets or if the projectiles misses or is blocked.

You should post a gameplay video for us to see ;)