Need help picking class to pair w/ druid.

Kryzen.6584

Hey guys,

Me and a buddy are looking to start playing GW2 and I need help picking a class that will pair well with a druid. We are looking to queue up together for PvP as well as roam open world as a duo. Also we want to do the PvE content but we probably won't raid. For me it would be nice if I could also solo roam open world pvp if he isn't on but it isn't a top priority. Ideally I would like just once class because I really do not have time to focus on multiple characters. At least not right now.

Thanks!

Well if by Druid you mean one of you will be support then the Second class should be DPS. Doesn't really matter what class you'll pick for that, but I'd suggest Warrior. Thief would do well too, but especially in PvP the Thief would have to move around a lot, so the Druid would not get to support the Thief as much as if you had a Warrior instead, that would have to stay in fights along with Druid a lot more, so you'd basically get to play with each other more as well.For PvE, Warrior will also be more desired than Thief in Fractals for its Might stacking capabilities and high DPS.For WvW, the Thief would be much better choice than Warrior, because you will be able to Stealth together and the Thief will be able to stay with you and burst targets instead of having to constantly run around as it would in sPvP. Thief is also probably the best Class to solo-roam in WvW.Apart from that you can of course go Condi DPS, too.What's important is to not go Double Support, cause you'd make that work only with decently experienced Duo, otherwise you'd end up healing/ saving each other but doing absolutely no dmg nor posing any threat to Enemy.

You might do well to double up on support and run Guardian if you don’t mind a heavy class. Dragonhunter has some nice damage and easy access to helpful buffs, which will ease up on the demands for your Druid Friend’s Celestial Avatar. There isn’t really a way for one person to deal the damage for a pair in this game. Having guardian keep the edge off and leaving the Druid’s Celestial Aura for emergencies les you keep hitting together longer.

Honestly, just play what you want on that second character. All the classes can do good DPS, and all the classes offer some level of support. Your role depends on your gear stats, and what weapon and utilities you choose. So better to play something you enjoy rather than something you think will be 'useful'

@Kryzen.6584 said:Thanks man :) Sounds like Thief will be best choice for us overall.

I wouldn't recommend Thief for a beginner. It really does not matter which profession you choose, as GW2 does not have the classic triangle of tank, damage dealer and healer. Your Druid friend can be a damage dealer with his elite specialization as much as a supporter - it all depends on the build. Thief has very low health, though, and as long as you have not fully mastered the GW2 mechanics, you might want to reconsider your choice. (You could play a Ranger as well, by the way. There is no reason why two Rangers cannot travel and fight alongside. Condition Ranger is currently one of the most powerful builds out there.)

I find condition Necromancer a lot of fun to play, but there are so many interesting professions and builds. Check this out (does not include Path of Fire builds yet):http://metabattle.com/

Archived