Suggestion : Simple Change in Warrior’s UU Blocking skills

Ourasa.7306

Warriors have 3 blocking weapon skills, Mace 2, Sword 5, and Shield 5.

However, shield is the only one that fully grants control of how long the player wishes to block for. The other two stop blocking automatically to retaliate when an enemy is near melee range, but this makes it so that the player is vulnerable way earlier than they expected.

Suggested change: Keep the player’s ability to end their sword and mace blocks early, but do not force them to stop blocking when an attacker is in range during a block. Instead, when they successfully block an attack, their ability to end it early is replaced by their retaliation attack, which stays for a few seconds after the block.

This would make it very similar to the Daredevil’s utility block.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:Id also like if they made sword offhand scale with ad, so i could use it in a powerbuild.

Um... It already does though?

Yea... But bad scaling or never hits, try to hit the throw AND the rip. Even the counterattacks from mace and sword are so hard to hit, when they get triggered.

Wouldn't really say it has bad scaling, but maybe I'm missing something and you can explain."never hits" is not a part of scaling, but ok . :p

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:Id also like if they made sword offhand scale with ad, so i could use it in a powerbuild.

Yea... But bad scaling or never hits, try to hit the throw AND the rip. Even the counterattacks from mace and sword are so hard to hit, when they get triggered.

Wouldn't really say it has bad scaling, but maybe I'm missing something and you can explain."never hits" is not a part of scaling, but ok . :p

Yeah the scaling on them is fine, its the execution that is the problem. I'd frankly like for them to redo OH sword at this point. No one takes it for condi, because torch is better for that, so just make OH sword power focused. I'd even take two brand new skills.

@Sobx.1758 said:

I never said that its part of scaling, but ok :p

@RedShark.9548 said:

I never said that its part of scaling, but ok :p

Ok, then why mention it after complaining about power scaling of OH sword? Landing the skills is a seperate issue which is why I didn't see the connection."I wish it had power scaling" -it does -"but it's bad and never hits"... You kind of lost me somewhere along the way of those 3 posts :D

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah the scaling on them is fine, its the execution that is the problem. I'd frankly like for them to redo OH sword at this point. No one takes it for condi, because torch is better for that, so just make OH sword power focused. I'd even take two brand new skills.

They might, but what would you even want OH sword to be at this point to get picked over other available options while not being overly oppressive?

Did they change forum quotes to always be expanded for some reason? I hate it.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

They might, but what would you even want OH sword to be at this point to get picked over other available options while not being overly oppressive?

I have been wanting some sort of sword based CC, call me nostalgic over some old GW1 sword and strength line skills. I'd also take a simple skill that does good damage, gives a boon like retaliation, fury, and/or quickness and doesn't cleave (for some balance).

I guess I'd like OH sword to be a strong single target Power based OH. OH mace is still a CC weapon, and OH Axe is AoE DPS, so I'd like OH sword to be higher DPS than Axe OH, but only versus 1 target, _maybe _allow it to hit 2-3 targets, just not the amount of cleave that Axe has.

Did they change forum quotes to always be expanded for some reason? I hate it.

There is a certain limit I think? I'm just removing the quote chain, both for simplicity, and in the event someone in the chain gets their post removed by a moderator my commentary to at least a portion of the conversation doesn't get removed as well.