Eyo, thanks for the second chance Anet.

Oglaf.1074

When I first started playing shortly after the launch of the game I was being an annoying and rude late-teenager and promptly got banned from the forums for it. Now that I got back in the game a month or so ago after a few years of hiatus, I didn't expect to be able to use the forums ever again. Real decent of you guys to give everyone a fresh start with the new forums.

Welcome back!

I was thinking earlier today that it's an interesting move to unban everyone. I can imagine some people will get themselves re-banned fairly quickly, but others may well have learned from the experience. On another forum I'm on a guy got banned when he was about 16...basically for being a typical argumentative teenager, came back a few weeks later on a new account and for 2 years he pretended to be a girl from the next town over without the mods realising it was the same guy. I forget what gave him away eventually, but by then they decided he'd shown he could play by the rules and "Alice" was not only allowed to stay but allowed a name change to get his original username back.

Archived