Echoing Eruption vs Sevenshot

Hooglese.4860

I am just going to do a quick comparison of Echoing Eruption and Sevenshot. Now most people would say Sevenshot is underpowered, and I'm here to prove those people right. For base assumptions, weapons are lvl 80, mace is paired with an axe, all seven projectiles hit the target, there are no modifying effects (like a thief venom), PvP stats and the corruption trait line is active.

1. Damage: Echoing eruption does 5 stacks of torment for 12s and 350-800 dmg depending on your power. Sevenshot does 7 stacks of torment for 4.75s and 770-1800 dmg depending on power. Even with high power and condition damage, the added duration of Echoing Eruption is better than Sevenshot. With viper stats (no runes/sigils) , Echoing Eruption does 728+15.75s of 5 torment (6000-12000dmg) and Sevenshot will do 1528 dmg and 6.25s of 7 stacks of torment (3000-6000 dmg). Net dps for Echoing Eruption will out do Sevenshot as you can get 10 stacks of torment by only using Echoing eruption (8s cooldown and ~16s duration) and you can't pass 7 stacks with Sevenshot (7s cooldown and 6.25s duration).Winner - Echoing Eruption
  2. Range: You may have read the last point and said "but Sevenshot is ranged!" So is Echoing Eruption, and it goes farther. Echoing Eruption has 1200 range, Sevenshot has 900. Winner- Echoing Eruption
  3. Effect: Echoing Eruption is a blast and Sevenshot is a 20% chance projectile. Probability of all 7 activating as a projectile is 0.00128% whereas the chance of none hitting is 20%. Sevenshot is also reflectable/destroyable by abilities. Winner - Echoing Eruption
  4. Cost: Echoing Eruption costs 5 energy and 8s cd, Sevenshot is 7 and 7. Winner - Echoing Eruption

I'd say Echoing Eruption is a hell of a lot stronger than Sevenshot. You could argue I'm not taking condition cleanse or the rest of the kit into factor but condition cleanse is really only a thing in PvP, and you wont land more than 3 shots in PvP. As for the rest of the kit, that's not very easy to account for, but the way I look at it is "would you ever use the skill instead of auto attacking?" Considering Echoing Eruption gives a solid 1200 range to the mace and a large burst of damage it definitely is worth using but Sevenshot has to compete with Shattershot, which is also ranged and does comparable damage (sevenshot provides 1600 dps on vipers and moving target and shattershot gives 1300).

To clarify to anyone who thinks I'm saying Echoing Eruption is OP, it is not. I am saying Sevenshot is provably underpowered.

I am thinking sevenshot is used to build kalla's fervor and that is it. I personally don't use it more than once.

I saw a suggestion that each shot could leave a trail that applies a condition like burning or chill. I think that is the best suggestion I've seen on this skill. It would give the skill more options in combat that's for sure.

It would be awesome if each shot counted as a projectile finisher. So awesome for comboing with other people's fields. I'd use it all the time.

I want to just point out that Echoing Eruption has very wonky operation for accurate aiming, since the leap still doesn't track selected targets like it used to, not to mention you have a chance at flinging yourself into AoEs that you won't want to be in. Sevenshot is alright it can be fired behind you, and you can easily line up and hit all the shots on stationary targets, or if you're just that good with gauging skillshots and there's the minor bit too for combo finishers from fields, like fire from Spiritcrush for burning bolts and such. So really it depends on the situation you use the skills. SB has very good breakbar power for a ranged weapon, and you'll be using Sevenshot and AAs when you need some space to not bathe in undesirable damaging AoEs. Putting it plainly Echoing Eruption is bread and butter for melee, but if you're at risk of dying or can't stay in melee for that time, Sevenshot and bow AAs are the best for keeping your DPS/pressure up, but when getting the chance to get back into melee, back to mace and Echoing Eruption.

@messiah.1908 said:you want anet to nerf mace.... common delete this thread :D

They'll do it anyways. There's nothing anyone can do to stop them. They will probably also nerf SB and Kalla just to confuse the player base.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:I want to just point out that Echoing Eruption has very wonky operation for accurate aiming, since the leap still doesn't track selected targets like it used to, not to mention you have a chance at flinging yourself into AoEs that you won't want to be in.This is true. Was there a reason they changed it or was it just arbitrary as usual? You can aim it decently well with the action camera but that's never fun to deal with. As wonky as it is to hit with, Sevenshot is at least as wonky. Also you say it's good for keeping up pressure but AA+Skill 2 are better and more cost effective and give you more energy for utility skills.

@Hooglese.4860 said:Also you say it's good for keeping up pressure but AA+Skill 2 are better and more cost effective and give you more energy for utility skills.

If you are kissing your target, mace 2 > mace 3 will blast might twice. That's 6 stacks of might for 20 seconds just by doing the combo.

Archived