What is your "go to" reward track and why? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What is your "go to" reward track and why?

I need to new reward track and I am curios what other players pick and why. <3

Comments

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

For me the GoB track,

Then some of the LW season 3 tracks if I want trinkets.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Any of the LWS4 tracks, decent amount of mats as well as a metal an leather shipments, also rewards lws4 currency which I consume to buy trophy shipments which I either flip for profit or keep if I'm making something that requires t6 mats.

• Triumphant Armor Reward Track (Having a set of stat selectable gear on hand can be helpful sometime, maybe)
    Gift of Battle Item Reward Track (For stocking up on GoB or Clovers)
    Temporary tracks (Event related while events are going)
    After those 3, I just let it go unless there is something specific I want.

[KnT] Knights of the Temple

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

In addition, it just depends on what you are working on.

As I noted above, The GoB track for me as I worked on all three weights of legendary armors which amounts to 18 GoBs. Any legendary weapon takes one, (at least the ones I craft and sell do.,)

Sometimes if there are specific gifts that take a particular item I.e. dungeon tokens. Also, skin related tracks.

But yeah, the most likely one for me is the GoB.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zikory.6871 said:
    Triumphant Armor Reward Track (Having a set of stat selectable gear on hand can be helpful sometime, maybe)
    Gift of Battle Item Reward Track (For stocking up on GoB or Clovers)
    Temporary tracks (Event related while events are going)
    After those 3, I just let it go unless there is something specific I want.

I use those exact 3, however I main Triumphant Armor, then Temp tracks, then GoB track (Same reason as well)

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mine has been random circulating for a few months now, I just don't care tbh.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Maguuma Wastes Reward Track to finish the Ambrite Weapons mostly for 50 AP's that come with completion and ya do get a Ascended Armor chest not that I need another one but eh.

Leader of Phoenix Battalion [PB]
    400K wvw kills
    25,642 Hours played

• Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

Same here. Simply don’t care. Don’t even concern myself with pips anymore. Just do what I do and clean bags now and then.

Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

Same here. Simply don’t care. Don’t even concern myself with pips anymore. Just do what I do and clean bags now and then.

To be fair, I did cash out my potions on holoween tot bags which I sold on trading post. Slow grinding gold for t6 mats.

Make me good at game!

• Liston.9708Liston.9708 Member ✭✭✭

I always save my potions for special events / new zones / or dungeon reward tracks (if needed for runes). I tend to run crystal desert otherwise

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

Im doing the maguuma one, to do the chak and plated weapon collections. Done the gift of battle one 6 times just incase i need some for a set of armor or for a weapon.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sandswept isles for least clutter

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LetoII.3782 said:

But the sand gets everywhere.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• @Dawdler.8521 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

Ew

• Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭

Mine defaults to Gift of Battle track unless I have some other specific goal in mind.

• len.7809len.7809 Member ✭✭✭

Bloodstone fen one, is a MUST

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

Yes, Anakin.
    And it's coarse.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am hoarding 50+ LWS3 chests which should be sufficient for some ascended trinkets and backpack.
    I am also hoarding 30+ stat selectable armor boxes (mostly maguuma) for sets of exotic armors when needed.

Those are for when I buy new character slots and have access to ready armor/trinkets to equip them when created.

Otherwise I am currently invested in LWS4 chests for T6 mats to craft my 4th and last legendary sigil.

Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

• I always do the dungeon ones for the skins. Don’t really need anything else.

• @wey daw ming.5784 said:
    Maguuma Wastes Reward Track to finish the Ambrite Weapons mostly for 50 AP's that come with completion and ya do get a Ascended Armor chest not that I need another one but eh.

Wait -- you get a selectable Acended armor Chest at the end of this track?? Do you mean a choosable chest, or an actual chest piece?

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

It had been Gift of Battle, but I have like 100 or so of them and have been doing Bloodstone lately. The backpiece from this zone can be stat changed easily, so I have been replacing my other back pieces with this one.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

• DAN.7314DAN.7314 Member ✭✭

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:

@wey daw ming.5784 said:
    Maguuma Wastes Reward Track to finish the Ambrite Weapons mostly for 50 AP's that come with completion and ya do get a Ascended Armor chest not that I need another one but eh.

Wait -- you get a selectable Acended armor Chest at the end of this track?? Do you mean a choosable chest, or an actual chest piece?

Not from the end of the reward track, but from completing the achievement. That would require doing the reward track a bunch of times. Need to unlock/craft all 16 weapons or something.

• Ahh, ok. I got excited for a moment...

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    I am hoarding 50+ LWS3 chests which should be sufficient for some ascended trinkets and backpack.
    I am also hoarding 30+ stat selectable armor boxes (mostly maguuma) for sets of exotic armors when needed.

Those are for when I buy new character slots and have access to ready armor/trinkets to equip them when created.

Otherwise I am currently invested in LWS4 chests for T6 mats to craft my 4th and last legendary sigil.

How do I get t6 mats from lws4 chests? Just the loot boxes or currency exchange?

Make me good at game!

• @Justine.6351 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

How do I get t6 mats from lws4 chests? Just the loot boxes or currency exchange?

Consume the item
    Buy trophy shipments
    Convert the t5 to t6. (Just look on wiki for the recipes)

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

The final chest of the reward track gives a choice of 50 map currency.
    For example the Jahai Bluffs Cache gives 50 lumps of mistonium.
    Consume all the mistonium for volatile magic.
    Use the volatile magic to buy Trophy Shipment from Trader Hyacinth

These trophy shipments has a chance to give T6 mats and usually its worth the investment.

Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

The final chest of the reward track gives a choice of 50 map currency.
    For example the Jahai Bluffs Cache gives 50 lumps of mistonium.
    Consume all the mistonium for volatile magic.
    Use the volatile magic to buy Trophy Shipment from Trader Hyacinth

These trophy shipments has a chance to give T6 mats and usually its worth the investment.

Ok ty

Make me good at game!

• neven.3785neven.3785 Member ✭✭✭

Generally I go for the current living story zone until I build up 500 of the currency, pop in the zone to see what I can buy, then build it back up to 500. If in not interested in that zones currency any more I work on maintaining other zone currencies.

Whenever I have all the living world zone currencies at 500, I then move on to skins. Making utility consumables or gearing alts with zone accessories/resets does deplete them a bit. I have completed all dungeon skins through reward tracks in wvw. I also have completed the legacy track skins as well, much of the HoT ones. I tend to sell off the ascended mats I get from the mist wrapped packages to the TP and that alone maintains the cost of WvWng

• @nomak.8693 said:
    I always do the dungeon ones for the skins. Don’t really need anything else.

Same here. I'm oldschool, so I still like all of the dungeon themed weapons and armors. But, getting regular dungeon runs can be difficult, so I use those tracks to get the skins.

Though I also sit on the Gift of Battle Track a lot. I need a large number of those, surprisingly.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• I do not have a go to track. The track active depends on whatever it is I am working on. Armor tracks, dungeon tracks, lw3 tracks, GoB... it really depends on what I need/want.