hammer guard

Amityel.5324

@Exciton.8942 said:Yup, it is mighty strong. But it is no where as close to the kitten level of ventari rev.

We should focus our effort to get the biggest unfun factor out of PvP.

you see the problem you are created. you cant handle one build you scream for a nerf. than you gonna scream the next nerf based on what you cant handle.maybe start to focus your effort to build a counter and play it

@messiah.1908 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:Yup, it is mighty strong. But it is no where as close to the kitten level of ventari rev.

you see the problem you are created. you cant handle one build you scream for a nerf. than you gonna scream the next nerf based on what you cant handle.maybe start to focus your effort to build a counter and play it

you are happy your ventari rev is viable and i understand that. but for u to argue that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and that 2 v 1''ing it constitutes as a hardcounter, or anything else about is absurd.

not every ventari rev is a bad rev that will stand on point and camp it the whole match. not every comp has 2 condiditions specs, co-ordinating rotations in solo queue is much harder even if u suggest it there is no guarantee the team u are with will listen or has viable roamers.

they have been videos even in platinum in which ventari rev can still surfice a good 1 v 2 against actual competent players. And I'm not talking about 1500 skill rating plat but close to 1650 and higher.

no need to increase energy cost, counter cc's are part of it's sutain. change the knockback to knockdown or stun+cripple. So that it doesn't just bully people of point while bieng t h i c c enough to hold it like big mama for an eternity. having an bunker is already big enough of an advantage and i am happy we got one now.

@messiah.1908 said:

I have to agree, every time the meta starts to shift, people cry for nerfs instead of adapting.

There's nothing wrong with hammer guard build either, I gave it a few runs and it feels like any other power house build that relies on ganking people who don't pay attention.

I'm a staff Ele player and have no issue against these hammer guards, vent revs or condi thieves as long as I tweak my traits accordingly in the prematch timer and my assumption is the people complaining have no intention of doing anything except clicking "ready" during that set up time.

@Amityel.5324 said:this build https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Radiant_Hammer

should be toned down anet.....it can basically one shots pple. Almost every guard runs it nowadays guess why :)

PS: let ventari be viable

Hey, thanks for this. I've been running the old standard meditrapper or zeal symbolic, now I get to play around with something new.

@Omcrazy.4756 said:

@Amityel.5324 said:this build

should be toned down anet.....it can basically one shots pple. Almost every guard runs it nowadays guess why :)

Hey, thanks for this. I've been running the old standard meditrapper or zeal symbolic, now I get to play around with something new.

Go scout enemy's team to see if some necro is holding a Greatsword (hide your hammer while doing so).The build suffer greatly from pulsing corruption and general dispel, if you see a GS necro running meditrapper is safer.

I love that you started making these threads in response to people complaining about Ventari revs lol. Classic case of trying to shift attention away from the thing you don't want nerfed by getting people riled up about a different build. Hammer Guard is in no way OP. This is meditrapper all over again where once you learn what you are looking at you will realize there is plenty of counterplay to hammer guard. I will add that I don't think Ventari needs any real nerfs either, maybe a small increase on knockback CD to make them less gimmicky, but that's all.

I played hammer guard before HoTs (before the talent build changes). I stopped playing when HoTs was released, and only recently started playing again a few weeks ago. I never changed my build upon returning, and voila, here it is getting some recognition. It's an incredibly fun build and the great thing about it is, you can utilize it with a free account :smile:

@Aspen Tie.5084 said:I played hammer guard before HoTs (before the talent build changes). I stopped playing when HoTs was released, and only recently started playing again a few weeks ago. I never changed my build upon returning, and voila, here it is getting some recognition. It's an incredibly fun build and the great thing about it is, you can utilize it with a free account :smile:

You may want to doublecheck your traits and amulet though. Before HoT hammer guards used honor and marauder amulet, now they take radiance and valkyrie.

@witcher.3197 said:

@Aspen Tie.5084 said:I played hammer guard before HoTs (before the talent build changes). I stopped playing when HoTs was released, and only recently started playing again a few weeks ago. I never changed my build upon returning, and voila, here it is getting some recognition. It's an incredibly fun build and the great thing about it is, you can utilize it with a free account :smile:

You may want to doublecheck your traits and amulet though. Before HoT hammer guards used honor and marauder amulet, now they take radiance and valkyrie.

I was actually using zerk, but having since returned, I'm using valk with rune of the traveler(same as before HoTs). I also use mace instead of sword - protector's strike can hit pretty hard and i like the auto attack. My traits are essentially a mirror of what's on metabattle.

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

@messiah.1908 said:

you are happy your ventari rev is viable and i understand that. but for u to argue that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and that 2 v 1''ing it constitutes as a hardcounter, or anything else about is absurd.

not every ventari rev is a bad rev that will stand on point and camp it the whole match. not every comp has 2 condiditions specs, co-ordinating rotations in solo queue is much harder even if u suggest it there is no guarantee the team u are with will listen or has viable roamers.

they have been videos even in platinum in which ventari rev can still surfice a good 1 v 2 against actual competent players. And I'm not talking about 1500 skill rating plat but close to 1650 and higher.

no need to increase energy cost, counter cc's are part of it's sutain. change the knockback to knockdown or stun+cripple. So that it doesn't just bully people of point while bieng t h i c c enough to hold it like big mama for an eternity. having an bunker is already big enough of an advantage and i am happy we got one now.

i am happy with any new build that come up to shift the meta builds. true i am between the firsts who play ventari even before the change in EE. but before ppl start to QQ and scream for nerf please learn and try to come up with a counter build or rotations. if the build so strong as you say i am sure anet will see that by flooding revenanat in pvp matches. and hammer guards. atm i hardly see both.

@Aspen Tie.5084 said:

@witcher.3197 said:

I was actually using zerk, but having since returned, I'm using valk with rune of the traveler(same as before HoTs). I also use mace instead of sword - protector's strike can hit pretty hard and i like the auto attack. My traits are essentially a mirror of what's on metabattle.

Try Lynx, it's like Traveler but the stats are better ^^

I am fine with this build because:

1. Dealing that big burst requires the use of multiple high CD skills.
  2. Missing the burst is hugely punishing,
  3. Focus 5 is being sacrificed for damage so you lose some of your sustain.
  4. Mobility isn't that high, I'd actually use Scepter because at least then you have range.

I would take this build over trap DH any day. Playing it well has a higher risk/reward factor than most of the builds in the meta. Also, Warriors with Signet of Strength can destroy this. Spellbreaker will as well because there's even more unblockable attacks.

@messiah.1908 said:

LOL when did I last time ask for nerf a spec? I remember I said a few specs might be too strong but ventari rev is probably the only spec I am asking for nerf actively. Th

Your problem is that you keep inferring from other ppl's intention w/o any evidence.

@messiah.1908 said:

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

@messiah.1908 said:

i am happy with any new build that come up to shift the meta builds. true i am between the firsts who play ventari even before the change in EE. but before ppl start to QQ and scream for nerf please learn and try to come up with a counter build or rotations. if the build so strong as you say i am sure anet will see that by flooding revenanat in pvp matches. and hammer guards. atm i hardly see both.

Sorry but this is such an shortsighted response, the LP2 argument, nerf QQ argument kinda becomes moot when u have Olruntheblade having issues with this build, when u have brazil 1v2ing people for an eternity in platinum even with the supposed and no i'm not saying olrun is the grand arbiter of what constitutes balance before u get my intention wrong again and accuse me of an appeal to authority fallicy. after he pushed them off a full capped point in the first place even with necro's involved.wich were supposed to be the saviour to this all will take time against a ventari rev.

Not sure how having issues with a build that Tanks, Supports and can push of people of point and have me argue to just get rid of the damned knockback which is fair is somehow equal to nonsensical crying is absurd. Infact I find Olrun's suggestion of improving it's support capabilities in exchange for the knockback removal a fair point to make. But yeah sure ''Ya just gotta L2P brah''

I started playing Radiance Guard the moment the patch hit. Its a great change for guardian, completely robust and covers sustain, cleanse, and burst, extremely well. I don't use hammer though, I like it Sw/Sh, Sc/Fo much better, with a dolyaks signet and cleanse on F2 trait. Much better than Hammer imo!

Honestly, I don't find this build op. I've played against it as a thief few times and all of these guards with hammers barely dealt more than 3k dmg to me, it requires a lot of precision to land whole combo at once without missing anything, otherwise your enemy just heals the damage you just dealt. Burning guardian is much stronger in my opinion, even though it does damage with just one condition - people struggle cleansing it all the time, and there were many situations when I fought 1v3 as guardian with this build and I killed all of them. I'm not being cocky right now, I just want to tell that this build is really strong if enemies don't have condi-removals.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@Blue.1207 said:So for the first time in... 5 years (?) the hammer is ACTUALLY taken in a base build and we're calling for nerfs? My goodness.

Hammer medi guard was meta pre hot. For instance Orng used it when they won WTS 2 in Cologne.

The same hammer guard tried using a burn burst build and completely butchered it :((Never giving that up Tage!)

Only met 1 hammer guard.. didn't have any issues... maybe try running condi bursts. That usually does the trick because They're Hammer Guard - literally 0 range and condi cleanse options.

This is not comparable to Vent Rev. Only reason Hamguard (I guess is a thing?) is around is because Vent Rev has no CC's so that's 1 class it (maybe?) counters efficiently than other DH builds.

..which wouldn't be a bad idea except you don't know who's Bunk and who's not.

@Amityel.5324 said:this build https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Radiant_Hammer

Don't delete/nerf this build lol, this is literally the most fun i've had fighting guardian in like 6+ months, you have to outplay each other for once. The first person who makes a mistake gets hit for 5k. This is way more fun than current dragonhunter matchups, which is basically me (a power ranger) waiting for 30 seconds kiting around until all of their invulns are down to actually do damage. That's just boring, the same reason why I dislike ventari rev. Sure it's beatable and there is counterplay against it, but it's so damn boring to fight against.

Archived