Should movement speed be nerfed?

Eurantien.4632

nah, movement speed is the one thing in this game that's fine. Even with rune of speed it takes three and a half seconds to run 1200 rangewith just a move speed rune it's four and a halfand with nothing it's almost six.which is a hilariously long time to spend to walk up to someone who's hitting you. especially with all the teleports and such in this game that can move you there instantly.

Per-profession nerf, I would say no. But overall, movement speed is too high in the game, though not as bad in PvP as PvE/WvW.

Someone mentioned in another thread that between all the movement speed buffs and fair access to Quickness in the last few years, the game has essentially entered "hyper-speed", which I think is at the root of alot of balance problems.

@"Zexanima.7851" said:I would say it's fairly well balanced. Movement speed across profession might(maybe?) need a few tweaks here and there but I never really feel "too slow" or "too fast" on a profession as long as I'm not playing a weird build.

To many classes can run away from combat...it’s idiotic.

Skill movement needs a nerf profession wide speed for its speed it is fine.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"Zexanima.7851" said:I would say it's fairly well balanced. Movement speed across profession might(maybe?) need a few tweaks here and there but I never really feel "too slow" or "too fast" on a profession as long as I'm not playing a weird build.

Yeah I had that too the last couple of days warriors and core guards with perma swiftness and weapon with jump/dash skill . What they do is basically drying to kite people away from the group so that the rest can kill them .... I can only say too many of my groups had fallen for that

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

Yeah I had that too the last couple of days warriors and core guards with perma swiftness and weapon with jump/dash skill . What they do is basically drying to kite people away from the group so that the rest can kill them .... I can only say too many of my groups had fallen for that

@Gamble.4580 it has started man haha

@Aeolus.3615 said:

As long as movement is proportional (I say proportional here, not even) between professions then it doesn't really matter how much or fast movement is. Sure, the enemy team can rotate between points faster and run from fights but you can also rotate to points just as fast and chase them down if they run. I for one enjoy the the faster pace that more movement brings, as long as it stays proportional between professions.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Literally everything can if they build for it except guardians at this point.

@Eurantien.4632 said:Shouldn't we just get rid of all of those?

No.

Making the game slower won't make it more fun. If you're having trouble catching or running from X or Y if you build for it, then you need a mobility buff.Dont nerf every class in the game in an effort to guarantee that a class -NEEDS- to stay in combat if it doesn't want to, because one class can catch you.

Be mindful that in your attempts to suggest balance you don't shoot yourself in the foot. Swiftness removal or nerfing is going to do more than just nerf FB. Itll make matches longer, put baseline slow classes at the mercy of thieves even more than they are , put those same classes at the mercy of ranged dps, and generally set off a new wave of nerfs.

Leave the MSI alone.