Wintersday Charity! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Wintersday Charity!

Greetings all grateful players of GW2!!

During Wintersday and Christmas in real life, not everyone is as fortunate as we are. Whether it's poverty, college, or just a hard time, there are always people during the holidays that could use a very well deserved helping hand. Because of this, I am proposing a charity event for all of us again this Wintersday!

As of December 7th, 2018 through January 16th, 2019 we managed to raise $185 dollars for our towns homeless shelter - the RMH Women's Shelter - but this year, I feel like we can do so much more! Recently I have taken about a years hiatus from the game in pursuit of my career in engineering, moving up North to further improve my knowledge in post-secondary. However I couldn't help but notice and worry that no matter where I went, poverty and homelessness seemed to follow in abundance; but worry no more! This year I hope to raise at least $500 for Edmonton's homeless shelter, Hope Mission, by the end of January 16th 2020!

Now you might be asking how this works, of course.

This year, I am hoping to work on two separate ways that players can donate, both in game and out alike.

For those of you who are looking to participate through donating hard cash, I will be starting a fundraiser using GoFundMe in the next few days where you can donate directly to our cause following this link right here!

For everyone else who is also on the less fortunate side of life, or who simply can't afford to donate cash, I will be personally donating $5 in addition to the GoFundMe for every 250 Wintersday Gifts I receive! Every little bit helps, and you can send your gifts through in game mail to Scarlet Ameria. Last year we were able to receive an astounding 37 stacks of presents - that's almost 10,000 gifts - but I'm sure that we can crush that number this year!

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances - and a couple of crazy guild leaders - I no longer have a website that we can track our progress on, so hopefully GoFundMe and GW2 forums here will be sufficient. Nevertheless I am still looking for a website that we can track our progress on, if anyone has an idea!

Lastly, one person can't solve a crisis by themselves, so please share this post with as many people both in and out of game that you can to help raise awareness!

If you would like to learn more about Hope Mission, who they are or what they stand for, feel free to follow this link here.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerest of Regards,
Scarlet Ameria.

Comments

• Hello! Do you need a domain and website?
    please contact me in USA ; area 614
    Prefix 252
    number 9282
    and let's talk a moment about free hosting. I have already bought a 'package' and it's not being used enough so i got some free space for you. The domain name is the only 'cost' and that's inexpensive.

This hosting service is through: Hostinger.com - please check them out if they would satisfy your needs.

Sincerely,
    Duskskin

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.